• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Manufacturing Date

Series X manufacturing dates were between 3rd July and 22nd October for the initial launch batch units.

There were topics on Reddit. Same might exists for Ps5

Mine's also September. Haven't played much yet but I haven't had any issues outside of a really loud disc drive and I assume that's just the norm.

ManaByte

Gold Member
You need to know if it was made on a Monday. Monday is the worst day for line quality.

What about Tuesday?

tumblr_mn9sun1hep1qbtxe8o3_500.gif

Ovech-King

Gold Member
August 2020 . No issue after 20 hours of gameplay in 6-7 different games. Minor coil whine in standby but when i start a game (full speed I assume) it becomes ironically dead silent

Last edited:

RCU005

I just got in the mail my PS5 DE and there is no manufacturing date. The legend is different. Maybe it is because it's not a US PS5?

Australian Model here.. Can confirm as advised no manufacturing date on mine..

i1yFQjH.jpg
What is that model number?
Let me search something.

"The specific model number listed for the standard PS5 is CFI-1015A, while the Digital Edition is given as CFI-1015B."

Is this of relevance?

Justin9mm

What is that model number?
Let me search something.

"The specific model number listed for the standard PS5 is CFI-1015A, while the Digital Edition is given as CFI-1015B."

Is this of relevance?
Well mine is the Disc Edition so the 'A' is right. But no idea where this sits on the timeline of manufacturing.

Top Bottom