• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 launch to follow the same footsteps of PS4? NA first and few weeks later in Europe and Rest of the World according to COD:BOCW

So according to the above trailer(seen at the end), Black Ops will launch on PS5 in holiday 2020 in USA and Late 2020 in rest of the world. Could this be similar to how the PS4 launched? Nov 15th 2013 in North America followed by Nov 29th in Europe and rest of the world?

My response:
giphy.gif

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Is that debt? I thought America was 22T in debt?
GDP, not a perfect measure of an economy but basically what is used as the measure of the size of an economy; only country that comes close is China but they control so much they don't really represent as large of an economy to outsiders as they appear to.

Point being, Americans spend more money than anyone else.. hence why countries all over the world bend over backwards to feed our market.

ethomaz

Banned
That looks reasonable and what I expected.
Early December in Brasil.

BTW US is early due the BF... they can’t miss that period... same happened with PS4.

Thirty7ven

Banned
I think holidays in NA has a different meaning from Europe. In Europe the only holiday is Christmas... that's why they say "Late".

A lot of people seem to be glossing over that fact.

Last edited:

GHG

Gold Member
Is that debt? I thought America was 22T in debt?

Funny you say that because there is in fact a relationship between higher personal debt and gdp.

A big reason why poorer countries can't grow their gdp is because of lack of access to public and private debt which then has the knock-on effect of personal debt being less available.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Good lord. I have had to write this about ten times:

‘Holiday 2020’ means NOTHING to those of us outside America.

’Late 2020’ can mean anything in last two months of the year.

It could still be launching worldwide at the same time. You American folks need to stop thinking everything said is just aimed at you 🙄

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Funny you say that because there is in fact a relationship between higher personal debt and gdp.

A big reason why poorer countries can't grow their gdp is because of lack of access to public and private debt which then has the knock-on effect of personal debt being less available.

Hmmmm.....never knew this. Thanks for the insight on that.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member

True.

And the reason they have limited debt offerings is because the typical local or global bank doesn't trust people and companies paying them back.

And because the industry is so lousy, the local currency is worth nothing so even governments can't borrow debt.

So all in all it becomes a cash/limited debts kind of place. Good for people's pocket books (for people who can't pay things off), but bad for innovation, goods and long term growth.

It would be like car companies only selling cars to people who can float $50,000 on the spot. No car loans allowed. Very few people can do that. Everyone would take the bus until they save money and can buy a car when they're 60.

Hell, even millionaires would rather milk a 1% financing rate than pay off a BMW in cash.

Last edited:

Vawn

Banned
Black Ops will launch on PS5 in holiday 2020 in USA and Late 2020 in rest of the world.

Holiday 2020 and late 2020 pretty much mean the same thing, right?

The main holiday in NA is Christmas, six days before the new year.

Last edited:

THEAP99

Banned
Earlier this year they promised a Worldwide simultaneous launch. It would be a fail if they can't do that

Papacheeks

Banned

So according to the above trailer(seen at the end), Black Ops will launch on PS5 in holiday 2020 in USA and Late 2020 in rest of the world. Could this be similar to how the PS4 launched? Nov 15th 2013 in North America followed by Nov 29th in Europe and rest of the world?

Thought Sony said they are doing a Global launch? Maybe games will have tiered releases. But from what Sony has said they are launching around the world at the same time instead of staggered release.

Hence the uptick in console allocation to 10 million by end if 2020.

Thought Sony said they are doing a Global launch? Maybe games will have tiered releases. But from what Sony has said they are launching around the world at the same time instead of staggered release.

Hence the uptick in console allocation to 10 million by end if 2020.
oh, the video is now private.

Top Bottom