• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Launch title Destruction AllStars detailed, to run at 60 FPS with dynamic 4K resolution

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
50383822476_93da479b4d_k.jpg

Developed by Lucid Games (the Liverpool-based studio founded by former Bizarre Creations veterans), the vehicular combat game was detailed in the official PlayStation.com pre-order page just like several other PS5 launch titles.
  • Stunning visuals: Has total destruction ever looked this good? Experience the global phenomenon of vehicle-based combat in a crisp dynamic 4K resolution.
  • Fast loading: Mayhem waits for no one! Choose your AllStar and accelerate into the action with the near-instant lightning fast load times of the PS5 console's ultra-high speed SSD.
  • Adaptive triggers: Experience your ride! Get unique feedback for each vehicle thanks to the DualSense Wireless Controller’s adaptive triggers.
  • Haptic feedback: Wham! Experience the impact of rams and slams as the DualSense Wireless Controller’s dual actuators simulate the feel of your in-game actions through immersive sensory feedback.
  • Tempest 3D AudioTech: How the crunch of slamming into an opponent is meant to sound! Hear stunning 360-degree stadium atmospherics with Tempest 3D AudioTech.
  • Wreck your friends: Accelerate the drama and enter 16-player online matches with your friends.
  • Create your legacy: Compete in a storied single-player series, specifically tailored to a number of playable Destruction AllStars. Master over 50 events
  • Become an AllStar: Heroes… icons… global sensations - Sixteen fearless, charismatic Destruction AllStars make up the roster of international competitors vying for the Global Destruction Federation Championship.
  • Drive destruction: The finest engineers have carefully crafted 28 vehicles for the Global Destruction Federation.

destruction-allstars-screenshot-05-disclaimer-ps5-en-12jun20
destruction-allstars-screenshot-02-disclaimer-ps5-en-12jun20
destruction-allstars-screenshot-04-disclaimer-ps5-en-12jun20
destruction-allstars-screenshot-03-disclaimer-ps5-en-12jun20

destruction-allstars-screenshots-07-disclaimer-ps5-en-15jun20
destruction-allstars-screenshots-08-disclaimer-ps5-en-15jun20

Last edited:

//DEVIL//

I hope it’s something like twisted metal . It’s one of the games I am really looking for . Hope it doesn’t disappoint

MrFunSocks

Banned
The dozen part is a quote from Arrested Development. Literally saying they aren't much.

I think it was for people phobic of shorts.
Yeah I know, but it's generally said when they people they're talking about are an extreme minority. Not caring about 60fps is the extreme majority.

MastaKiiLA

60 FPS + dynamic resolution should be the standard way forward. All the "consoles will always be 30 fps, it's a DESIGN CHOICE" people can eat crow.
You really wanted to get that hot take out there, huh? This is a driving game with multiplayer aspects. 60fps makes complete sense for this type of game. Wait for the story-driven games to release, before you blow your framerate wad.

Esca

This game in really iffy on but if it is like how I'm thinking I think it could be loads of fun. They need to really do some gameplay segments for it.

FrankMStone

Neo Member
I honestly thought this was a F2P game, just a guess, but I feel it won't take off until it either changes to that model or until it finally is added to Playstation Plus IGC.

You really wanted to get that hot take out there, huh? This is a driving game with multiplayer aspects. 60fps makes complete sense for this type of game.
It may seem obvious to enthusiasts, but it’s still not industry standard.

Two of last year’s biggest AAA multiplayer driving games were stuck at 30.

They haven't shown enough of it yet to make any kind of judgement but if it's a chaotic smash 'em up kind of game where there are effects and particles going on all over the place I'd much rather have a locked 60fps with dynamic 4K. I've said all alone I'd rather have better visuals and performance with 4K reconstruction or dynamic res than constant native 4K with things dialed down.

Next gen consoles are not powerful enough for full 4k 60FPS. And because there's no equivalent to DLSS, dynamic resolution at 60FPS makes the most sense.

I rather have smooth 60FPS with resolution drops and mixture of medium-high presets then full 4k ultra at 30FPS.

I hope this will be the new trend. Nobody should play in 30FPS in 2020.

sn0man

A full priced title that sounds online only. I’m not feeling the value on this one. Give me a crap but fun single player and sole 4 player mariokart/rocket league split screen action for $70.

will wait for extreme sale or f2p inevitability. I say that as a PGR fan that misses Bizzare Creations.

donix2010

Neo Member
So we are just 1 month away from launch, and have not seen a gameplay of this game, and they are expecting us to pay $70 for this one?

Skyfox

This is actually a PS5 launch highlight for me but theres no way I'm paying 70 for it.

Hope it drops because I have principles and lots of other stuff to play!

Concern

Maybe with all these sites going up, they'll finally grace us with some gameplay.

Looks like it could be a lot of fun. I guess dynamic 4k is the new norm for next gen.

supernova8

Banned
why dynamic 4k? Is this the new norm?

Personally I think if it's dynamic between 1440p and 4K and never goes below 4K, I'm not sure how many people would even notice when the game is in motion. Sure if you have people on Digital Foundry doing frame by frame analysis and doing the staircase counting stuff there will be those "aAHAHHHAAA gotcha!" moments but honestly who gives a shit anymore.

Whether it's PS5 or Xbox Series X, I don't even care for 4K. I want a nice framerate and great image quality.

Top Bottom