• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Launch Day Games - Nov 12

Dthomp

I guess Spiderman, need 1 new game for my expensive machine and nothing else even remotely interests me. I'll just be playing my upgrades to Destiny 2 and Avengers.

Is it eventually the PS5 launch lineup?
I'm not hyped by this lineup and will wait for 2021 holidays...

PS4 games enhanced for PS5
- Assassin's Creed Valhalla
- Astro's Playroom
- Call of Duty Cold War
- Sackboy: A Big Adventure(LittleBigPlanet)
- Spider-Man Miles Morales

- Watch Dogs Legion

PS3 game remake:
- Demon's Souls

Real PS5 exclusive:
- Destruction AllStars
- Godfall

poodaddy

Gold Member
Demon’s Souls
So far it's literally the only next gen game that appeals to me on any significant level. I will await news on the PC port and whether it's bound to the Epic Game store as a lot of Sony games have been as of late, and if it's even a half way decent PC port then I'll just get it there.

Bonus question, has Bluepoint ever handled a PC port? Are they handling this one?

Moonjt9

Demon’s Souls is a system seller. Definite buy for me. I really want spider man and sack boy but we will have to see how much cash I can scrounge up come launch day

Mithos

A clarification of my "nothing" post.

This is why I'll be buying "nothing"...

1. It's coming on the 19th in Sweden, not the 12th.
2. Swedish retailers are beginning to update the prices for PS5.

PS5 5990 SEK (~us$679)
PS5 DE 4990 SEK (~us$565)

VN1X

Banned
So now we know the actual games that will be on PS5 at launch this November 12.

- Assassin's Creed Valhalla
- Astro's Playroom
- Call of Duty Cold War
- Demon's Souls
- Destruction AllStars
- Godfall
- Sackboy: A Big Adventure(LittleBigPlanet)
- Spider-Man Miles Morales

- Watch Dogs Legion

Whats every one picking up on launch day? I'm going with Demon's Souls, Spider-Man, AC Valhalla and Sackboy. Ill check for reviews on Godfall.
I believe Outriders should be added to that list as well no?

Also please tell me Destruction Allstars is a 'budget' title? Not that it looks bad, not by any stretch but it does seem a bit crazy to sell it at full price when similar titles are much cheaper or free even.

Vawn

Banned
Also please tell me Destruction Allstars is a 'budget' title? Not that it looks bad, not by any stretch but it does seem a bit crazy to sell it at full price when similar titles are much cheaper or free even.

No idea. I don't plan to play it either way.

That's a great line up! Its so much better than PS2, PS3, and PS4.

I'm picking up Demon's Souls, Spiderman Miles Morales, AC Valhalla, and technically CyberPunk 2077 is a launch title too.

I'm on the fence about Godfal, Cold War, and Sackboy, but they look good.

This lineup is a clear contrast against the Series X: Quality > Quantity. There's also actual, legit exclusives. I don't know why people are sleeping on this lineup.

Last edited:

yurinka

Spider-Man Miles Morales, Demon's Souls and obviously because it's preinstalled in the console, Astro's Playroom.

I'll get the other ones sooner or later. Ones when cheap, the other ones when included in PS+ or PS Now.

GymWolf

Demons most probably at day one, spidey maybe later with a big discount, not gonna pay 80 euro for a 10 hours crossgen spinoff.

Godfall on pc only if the gameplay convince me.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Probably gonna finish my half-done Days Gone playthrough with sweet, sweet load times and hopefully performance enhancments.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Spiderman, Days Gone, Ghost of Tsumisha, and Cyberpunk 2077.

Last edited:

whatup

What's up with Cyberpunk? I've read that there will be a free "patch" upgrade for those who buy the current gen versions, but do we know if that patch is the functional equivalent of just waiting for next gen version? I'd buy the PS4 copy day 1 if I knew that I would still get the benefit of whatever PS5 version releases in 2021.

BlueHawk357

Okay, so unfortunately for me I can only afford to get 1 game at launch, so I have to choose wisely. Please help me choose. 😂

Want:
AC Valhalla
Spiderman MM
WatchDogs Legion

Waiting for discount:
Sackboy adventure
CoD Cold War
Ratchet and Clank

Won't be touching:
Demons Souls
Godfall
Destruction all stars

I'd love to get FIFA 21 but the release date hasn't been confirmed yet.
Thanks all and have a great day. 👍

Last edited:

Lukin1978

You'd purchase the console at a later date after a sufficient number of interesting titles have been released for it?

Qqau1n8.gif

That's using logic no place for that here

Last edited:

TLZ

Banned
I pre-ordered Spiderman Miles Morales and Sackboy.

Thinking of getting Demon's Souls and Godfall. Maybe just Demon's Souls for now.

If Ratchet is release day I'm definitely getting that.

Last edited:

Grinchy

Banned
Demons souls and COD are the guarantees for me. I'll wait and see on others and maybe even wait for sales.

Mr Hyde

So far it's literally the only next gen game that appeals to me on any significant level. I will await news on the PC port and whether it's bound to the Epic Game store as a lot of Sony games have been as of late, and if it's even a half way decent PC port then I'll just get it there.

Bonus question, has Bluepoint ever handled a PC port? Are they handling this one?

It's not coming to PC.

Texas Pride

Banned
Demon's Souls, Spiderman & Ratchet saved this launch lineup. Those aren't for everyone though and not putting out a first party shooter ala SOCOM or Resistance or even Killzone isn't good. Though it's mitigated by MS pushing Halo back it is disappointing none the less.

I'll be picking up miles morales, maybe godfall but wanna see more gameplay first.

Does anyone know if AC Valahalla and Watch Dogs are launch titles? I know you'll be alble to play PS4 titles on it but I can't find any solid dates on when the free PS5 upgrades are coming.

Also almost every online store has them listed as tbc which is confusing, I thought they'd have been updated when console release dates were announced but still nothing?

MetalSlug

This will be my first PS system since the PSP.

My launch game plans are:
- Spiderman Miles Morale (Because it includes the first game and I want to play it)
- Tony Hawks 1 + 2 (Because I refuse to buy it from Epic's store)

Other games I want later on down the line are:
- Medievil (Loved it on PS1 and wanted to play the remake)
- Demon's Souls (50/50 about getting this, but it does look interesting)

jonnyp

Spider-Man

and maybe COD. That's it.

Will buy TLOU2 and GoT which I've held off on until PS5 releases.

Last edited:
Top Bottom