• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 game price discount (or lack thereof)

It's only been 6 months, and the system still can't meet demand. Yet, you expect them to discount the price, despite the knowledge that people who are still waiting to buy the system are likely to buy these launch titles at full price? You aren't an Economics major, I take it.
No, I don't expect them to drop the price. Nor do I expect them to drop the price anytime soon or as quickly as they did previous generations.

That was the entire point of my post. You aren't an English major, I take it.

un1que

Could get games £40-£45 when they launch last gen. Jumping to £70 is a joke. Managed to preorder ratchet and clank for £50 with a very voucher deal. Would love to get returnal but not at £70. It’s ridiculous. I hope they do drop to between £50-£55 at some point. Or even better £70 but a complete game with no paid dlc or micro transactions.
ghost of Tsushima was the last perfect example of a complete game IMO. Amazing single player full of unlockables you don’t need to pay for and then they add multiplayer and even more unlockables for free. Now that I’d happily pay more money for.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Game collection in the UK has deep discounts on demons souls and miles morales. Prices are dropping pretty hard, I don't think this lines up with what op is implying.

I've been hearing a lot of comments about next-gen games and waiting for them to drop in price after a couple months.

I believe a lot of you are in for a rude awakening. I think publishers, especially Sony, are making a deliberate effort to games at or near full price for significantly longer than this last generation.

It's early, but if you look at PS5 exclusives, such as Demon's Souls, Spider-Man Miles Morales, Sackboy, etc they're all still full price, nearly 6 months after release. I don't expect that to change anytime soon. Same for Returnal and upcoming games like Ratchet and Clank and Horizon Forbidden West.

I'd be happy to be wrong (although, I'll buy these games day one regardless). But, I have a very strong feeling PS5 game prices years after release will start to more resemble Nintendo prices more than past PlayStation consoles.

Do you agree or disagree?
Miles morales isn’t full price

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
Give it a year.

Then see if PS5 games like Demon's Souls or Returnal hit spring sale/developers' choice sale/golden week/player's choice sales for 40 or so bucks.

Top Bottom