• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 "Exclusive" Godfall Has Been Rated For PS4 by PEGI

DonJorginho

Banned
Godfall is a PS5 exclusive launch game that was also released on PC. It appears that the game might arrive on the PS4 according to a recent rating.

While Godfall was a launch game for the PS5, it was also released on PC. There was no PS4 version making it an exclusive for the PlayStation 5. That is, until recently when PEGI has rated a possible PS4 version of the game.

Despite launching exclusively on the PS5, the game didn’t really utilize the hardware in any meaningful way. There were support for Adaptive Triggers, Haptic Feedback, and Fash Load Times, but there wasn’t any implementation to make the game exclusive to the current-generation consoles.
nGL8Cs2.jpg

In the case of the PS4 version, it appears that Gearbox Software, who is the publisher of the game, could be porting it to the other consoles. It is possible that the game might arrive on further platforms but so far we only have a confirmation of the PS4 version aside from the PS5 and PC.

Seems like a waste of money, isn't the game kinda crap?

it’s average at best

the latest update made the game a bit better but basically was stuff that should have been in the game at launch. It’s just recycled content after the first two hours. Combat is kinda fun so you can grind a few dozen hours if you’re into the looting/progression, which isn’t that special

the Plat is easier after the latest update, at least. I heard they are finally looking to add matchmaking, way too late but whatever

Doesnt the game have ray tracing? That counts as “next gen” I guess.

We always knew it was a timed exclusive on PS5. Going to Series was a forgone conclusion. Putting it on PS4 does surprise me, isn’t it rather demanding? I never played it on PC but heard things about performance. On PS5 it looks pretty great, if not uninspired.

Last edited:
J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
This could breathe a second life into the game.

That PS4 port makes me nervous though. Will it run like ass?

The Shepard

I was interested in this before I found out it had no matchmaking, then the reviews pushed me even further from a purchase on ps5. Would definitely gamepass day one.

HeresJohnny

How many copies did it sell? Publishers have to make money. Must be super tempting and perhaps frustrating to be tied to a platform with only a few million users and very little new supply coming into the channel versus one that has over 100 million units.

It was a timed exclusive right?

Seems like that time is coming to an end.

yeah, we always knew it was a timed exclusive

I guess the “surprise” is it going to last gen hardware.

When they finally add matchmaking and if it’s crossplay then maybe there will be some life in the game and I’ll dust it off. I barely played it after getting the plat

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
I am legit confused. We were told it would be ps5 exclusive because of the super duper ssd. I don't understand it can be released on another platform, let alone the previous one.

Playstation confirmed it was a PS5 console exclusive till may 12th 2021 all the way back in November before ps5 launch.

We've known it would be coming to other platforms for some time now
But did anyone expect it would come to the previous generation?

skit_data

Expect prior PS5 only games to be released on PS4, even the DS Remake. Old consoles are still decent at low resolutions and framerates. A lot of shelf life if they go with 720p for the latest releases.
Possible, development probably started quite a while before PS5s design was finalized.

Would not matter to me one bit. It would be a very cut down 30fps version of the game and to play it that way would be a disgrace towards The Old One when the PS5 version is available.

Edit: On second thought, I would actually be quite happy if it released on PS4. I bought the PS3 version last year before the remake was revealed and had a blast. If someone out there cant get hold of a PS5 but owns a PS4, i would be happy for them.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Don't understand why this game wouldn't release on PS4/PS5 back in November ala Miles and Sackboy. Seems like a waste to do it six months later when any and all hype for the game is long gone.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Don't understand why this game wouldn't release on PS4/PS5 back in November ala Miles and Sackboy. Seems like a waste to do it six months later when any and all hype for the game is long gone.
They hype was gone day after its release to be frank.

Varteras

Gold Member
Probably due to limited development resources and the studio wanted to work on a next-gen version first to ride the hype train.

Also don’t sleep on hand of fate 2, the other free game, that game is incredible underrated.

Its good that more people will get to play this game.
I havent played a single game ive claimed. And I dont think I ever will. So im probably worse than those who hate on Epic. I waste their money just because I like pressing the button.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
They hype was gone day after its release to be frank.

Ouch.

Probably due to limited development resources and the studio wanted to work on a next-gen version first to ride the hype train.

Yeah, PS5 has a lot of hype but also an extremely limited user install base of around 7m or so now but at launch was maybe 2m and not all 2m were going to buy/play Godfall anyway so I would think that a PS4 version would have made more sense and then six months later PS5 with the current gen upgrades.

Oh well, it is what it is.

Varteras

Gold Member
Yeah, PS5 has a lot of hype but also an extremely limited user install base of around 7m or so now but at launch was maybe 2m and not all 2m were going to buy/play Godfall anyway so I would think that a PS4 version would have made more sense and then six months later PS5 with the current gen upgrades.

Oh well, it is what it is.
Yeah I don't know if it's the call I would have made but I think they gambled. They had to make a choice and they chose next gen. Probably felt like it was the best chance their game had to be recognized. Install base is indeed very limited for PS5 but so are the games you can only get on it. The other option was to be drowned out by all the games on PS4. But yeah, it is what it is.

VFXVeteran

Banned
Godfall is a PS5 exclusive launch game that was also released on PC. It appears that the game might arrive on the PS4 according to a recent rating.

While Godfall was a launch game for the PS5, it was also released on PC. There was no PS4 version making it an exclusive for the PlayStation 5. That is, until recently when PEGI has rated a possible PS4 version of the game.

Despite launching exclusively on the PS5, the game didn’t really utilize the hardware in any meaningful way. There were support for Adaptive Triggers, Haptic Feedback, and Fash Load Times, but there wasn’t any implementation to make the game exclusive to the current-generation consoles.
nGL8Cs2.jpg

In the case of the PS4 version, it appears that Gearbox Software, who is the publisher of the game, could be porting it to the other consoles. It is possible that the game might arrive on further platforms but so far we only have a confirmation of the PS4 version aside from the PS5 and PC.

The logic in this is flawed. Any developer can make their game playable on a PS4. That doesn't mean the game engine isn't prepped for next-gen systems. Also, the elephant in the room is assuming that the PC can't represent the full capabilities of the consoles when the exact opposite is true - the consoles can't represent all of what the PC can achieve. Gamers should be hopeful if a game was designed around PC hardware as they have most certainly put in options whereby the consoles won't be able to run at any playable FPS.

Last edited:

McLaughlin

Neo Member
Seems like a game that could build a decent fanbase through something like gamepass. It always looked really fun but I can't find a PS5 to play it on.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
Hmmmm, does this mean ps4 is ruining next gen? After all, if the much more powerfull series s is, this must be the case.

fersnake

if a game is running on ps5 and pc for sure can run on last gen hardware, sony make this exclusive deals so you buy their consoles. ppl still dont get it.

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
There never was anything next-gen about Godfall to begin with, apart from it being one of the earliest announced next-gen titles.

I don't know. It looks good, but it also looks immensely bland. I

It coming to PS4 wouldn't be a problem for the machine. After all, last-gen hardware still puts up quite a punch, especially in these trying times where modern gaming hardware is ungodly expensive. A PS4 or even a Xbox One make up for good platforms to play at decent resolutions.

Top Bottom