• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 exclusive Destruction AllStars Is Getting Bots Because Not Enough People Are Playing

Destruction AllStars, launched in February solely on PS5, doesn’t appear to have an enormous neighborhood of gamers on-line. So to assist enhance matchmaking the builders have introduced plans so as to add on-line bots.

The information of bots being added to the sport was revealed in a Dev Replace submit on Reddit. Within the submit, the devs at Lucid Video games laid out their future plans for the web automobile fight recreation. A part of this plan is so as to add some robots.

“With a neighborhood the scale of Destruction AllStars,” defined Lucid Video games “Unfold out internationally we do have peak occasions and low occasions of participant exercise for on-line matchmaking.”

The game looks fun, i hope it could find success soon.

kretos

Banned

tenor.gif

spyshagg

Should not be allowed to breed
I'm just going to selfishly point out that in the last month before Driveclub servers shutdown and long after Sony banned you from buying it, the game still had players, and on weekends you could find full servers.

I have nothing against All Stars, but these developers, alongside the ones that joined codemasters, should still be together and named Evolution Studios, doing work on what would now be Driveclub3 por PS5.

giphy.gif

DriveClub007.gif

Last edited:

BreakOut

The game is fun as hell but yeah I can never get a match. They should combine the servers. I think they have them separated by NA, Europe, etc.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Keep an eye out for any new Destruction All Star multiplayer videos.

Good chance it'll be 16 bots playing against themselves as they cant find one recording with a human gamer.

Not even the guy doing the recording wants to bother logging into the game.

Last edited:

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
I'm just going to selfishly point out that in the last month before Driveclub servers shutdown and long after Sony banned you from buying it, the game still had players, and on weekends you could find full servers.

I have nothing against All Stars, but these developers, alongside the ones that joined codemasters, should still be together and named Evolution Studios, doing work on what would now be Driveclub3 por PS5.

giphy.gif

DriveClub007.gif
tbh, I hated Driveclub, but I just realized that those flags on the corners were there to let you know how to enter those turns. Maybe.

Holammer

Proper launch release with a reasonable budget reduced to an Itch.io fake multiplayer game. That *IS* hilarious.
Sadly this is part of a new slew of low to medium budgeted live service games slapped together in an attempt to get a PUBG, Rocket League or Fortnite type hit. In game development terms they are cheap and disposable if they fail, but have unimaginable potential if you get a hit.

We already have games like Bleeding Edge, Rocket Arena, Knockout City in various stages of failure and more on the way, even Sony is going to throw their hat into the ring with first party studios having a go at it. Hell, pulling off a mayfly "failure" like Fall Guys will still earn you a pretty penny.

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
If I was a bot I would be pissed being stuck playing this game.
That's right, Bots Lives Matter.

Keep being woke Sony.
Woke characters actually aren't a big problem, because the OP characters you want to be using are among the least woke & ugly ones. Things like horrible character balancing, (extra) paid SP or lack of fresh content are more important.

Last edited:

Banned
What does having bots have to do with success?

Rocket League has like 75 million players and I still end up in games with bots all the time

in Rocket League you only get bots if someone leaves the match...

this game is basically dead, that's why it gets bots, not to replace leaving players but to replace missing players

Last edited:

anthony2690

Banned
Not surprised, Match making took absolutely ages in March when I tried it.

Sadly it's one of them games that look fun in the trailer, but isn't remotely fun to play.

Imagine if they charged £70 for this as intially planned.

Guilty_AI

i've seen some gameplay, and as far as driving or combat racing games go it doesn't look very good.
The overall visual design they went with doesn't help either.

GhostOfTsu

Banned
The game was free and it looked good but I had to lol at all these pandering black women characters. Look diversity!! Even on the cover! So fake. They went too far with the woke shit as usual and now they're getting mocked. It backfired.

Marvel

could never
It wasn't fun to play when I tried it, mostly just driving around in circles in a huge map trying to hit players doing everything in their power to avoid crashing into other cars.

Shitty hero designs too mostly.

Top Bottom