• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 event planned for June 3 | Update: Confirmed June 4th

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Can't wait to see a few AAA exclusives and the rest being AA/Indies. Let's go, let's go!!!

mortal

Gold Member
Insert "It has begun" gif
giphy.gif

KAL2006

Banned
It was obvious PS5 event will be soon.

They want to show off PS5 with FIFA as Sony likely have a marketing deal with the next FIFA. EA Play digital event is on June 11. So they probably want to reveal it first before more is shown on EA Play.

We are overdue a Call of Duty announcement and Sony once again most likely have a marketing deal with Activision. I suspect they want to be the first to showcase Call of Duty gameplay at their PS5 event. The name has already leaked "Cold War". Sony has also coincidentally has WWII as their PSN Plus game this month.

With 3rd parties wanting to showcase their games I think Sony know they have to reveal the big 2 FIFA and COD at their event. I think majority of their other games will likely be first party reveals. But FIFA and COD next gen will get the casual gamers attention which would be a great marketing idea from Sony.

My predictions for PS5 exclisivde games revealed
Demon's Souls Remake (Bluepoint teasing way back with Wired article)
Ratchet and Clank Sequel (Jim Ryan stating the IP is important to them, showcase for rumble triggers for different crazy weapons, Ratchet is features in their new PS Studios intro)
Gran Turismo 7 (that logo leak and reuse of car assets for faster development)
Horizon 2 (The biggest graphics showcase for PS5 reveal same as Killzone Shadowfall for PS4)
Silent Hill (lots of rumours on this, developed by Team Siren with Silent Hill staff, Gravity Rush 2 was a while back)
Arrowhead Games New IP (one of the smaller titles to be showcased)

Obviously only 1 or 2 will be launch games but that would be their lineup from launch till early 2022. Spiderman 2 and God of War 2 will be saved for next year games reveals.

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
So 4th, then 10th, then realizing that Microsoft reveals the hardware on the 10th, now 3rd? No confidence at all. And hardware supposedly not until the August event, so after Microsoft does their hardware event and their first party event in July. Sony really doesn't want to go first.

Perrott

Gold Member
It was obvious PS5 event will be soon.

They want to show off PS5 with FIFA as Sony likely have a marketing deal with the next FIFA. EA Play digital event is on June 11. So they probably want to reveal it first before more is shown on EA Play.

We are overdue a Call of Duty announcement and Sony once again most likely have a marketing deal with Activision. I suspect they want to be the first to showcase Call of Duty gameplay at their PS5 event. The name has already leaked "Cold War". Sony has also coincidentally has WWII as their PSN Plus game this month.

With 3rd parties wanting to showcase their games I think Sony know they have to reveal the big 2 FIFA and COD at their event. I think majority of their other games will likely be first party reveals. But FIFA and COD next gen will get the casual gamers attention which would be a great marketing idea from Sony.

My predictions for PS5 exclisivde games revealed
Demon's Souls Remake (Bluepoint teasing way back with Wired article)
Ratchet and Clank Sequel (Jim Ryan stating the IP is important to them, showcase for rumble triggers for different crazy weapons, Ratchet is features in their new PS Studios intro)
Gran Turismo 7 (that logo leak and reuse of car assets for faster development)
Horizon 2 (The biggest graphics showcase for PS5 reveal same as Killzone Shadowfall for PS4)
Silent Hill (lots of rumours on this, developed by Team Siren with Silent Hill staff, Gravity Rush 2 was a while back)
Arrowhead Games New IP (one of the smaller titles to be showcased)

Obviously only 1 or 2 will be launch games but that would be their lineup from launch till early 2022. Spiderman 2 and God of War 2 will be saved for next year games reveals.
Nice list of exclusives, but I would add Housemarque's new AAA IP to it, as earlier in the year the studio teased an announcement for the coming months. And regarding Arrowhead's new IP, that one its AAA as well.

Why do you think that only 1 or 2 out of those games will be available at launch? PS4 launch had three major exclusives planned to arrive on day one - Knack, Killzone and DriveClub - with inFAMOUS releasing just three months later in february. That's why I'd say that you should expect more titles to be available at launch - my bets are Arrowhead, Housemarque, Ratchet and Demon's, with Horizon and GT coming out next spring and Silent Hill later in 2021.

I also expect a new AAA IP from Japan Studio and, if production remains on schedule, Spider-Man 2 to launch during the second half of next year.

Grinchy

Banned
Remember when we all thought they'd repeat the PS4 timeline and reveal in February? That was almost 4 months ago. And there have been 100 rumors of new dates since then.

I'm so done getting hyped up in any way for every single rumor of a reveal.

UnNamed

Banned
June 3 is just too soon, feels a reveal out of nowhere, shouldn't Sony send "virtual" invites to press before the event to create hype?

oldergamer

June 3 is just too soon, feels a reveal out of nowhere, shouldn't Sony send "virtual" invites to press before the event to create hype?
Agreed, why wouldn't sony tell people were to see this before it happens?? We are talking next wednesday ( june 3rd?). Unless you hear it from sony, its not official. This rumor has to be fake.

Perrott

Gold Member
Agreed, why wouldn't sony tell people were to see this before it happens?? We are talking next wednesday ( june 3rd?). Unless you hear it from sony, its not official. This rumor has to be fake.
This ain't no rumor lol

This comes from Venture Beat, Bloomberg and Eurogamer journalists. The thing is confirmed, we are just waiting for an announcement.

KAL2006

Banned
I could see Sony revealing PS5 design randomly on Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and PS Blog with the date of the event stating see the future PS5 games. This way you will get buzz from PS5 design while letting everyone know the games showcase date.

dolabla

Venture Beat is saying their sauces are confirming June 3rd as well:

The PlayStation 5 is just months away from its holiday 2020 launch, but we still don’t know everything about the device. That’s going to change soon. Sony is planning a PS5 event for June 3, according to sources familiar with the company’s plans. Bloomberg is separately corroborating that date.

Top Bottom