• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 event planned for June 3 | Update: Confirmed June 4th

Mista

Banned
PS5.jpg

Sony Interactive Entertainment is planning to hold a digital event to showcase games for PlayStation 5 on June 3, according to a Bloomberg report.
The virtual event could be held June 3, though some people also cautioned that plans have been in flux and that the date may change. Other PlayStation 5 events may follow in the coming weeks and months, and Sony is not expected to reveal every essential detail on the console during its first presentation.

Prior to Bloomberg’s article being published, VentureBeat reporter Jeff Grubb also hinted that the PlayStation 5 event will be held on June 3, stating in a pair of tweets that it will be held “after June 2,” but “slightly before June 4.”

0PTqCWR.png

--------------------------------------------------

Confirmed for June 4th

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
Yay!

I hope this rumor is true, c'mon show me the console and games! Cheers for the hype brothers and sisters 🍹

Last edited:

The PlayStation 5 is just months away from its holiday 2020 launch, but we still don’t know everything about the device. That’s going to change soon. Sony is planning a PS5 event for June 3, according to sources familiar with the company’s plans. Bloomberg is separately corroborating that date.

It’s important to note that this is only the current plan. The company is trying to lock down its promotional efforts for the PS5, but it also knows it must remain flexible during the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.

While the June 3 reveal should provide the best look yet at the PS5, don’t expect Sony to give every detail about its next-gen system. The company could withhold price and release timing for another date. The price for the PS5 is still especially subject to fluctuations. Sony wants to launch at a competitive price tag, but it also doesn’t want to take a loss on hardware.

Sony also doesn’t need to go to deep on any games it may show on June 3. The company is planning followup events. This includes a State of Play that will focus on both next- and current-gen games.
That State of Play has a tentative schedule of early August. Again, this could shift drastically depending on a number of factors.

So then what will Sony show off next week? Expect it to focus on what is possible in next-gen games with the PlayStation 5. The company seems aware of the backlash that Microsoft faced for its first Xbox 20/20 event. Fans were unhappy with the lack of gameplay at that presentation. In response, Sony wants to rely on PS5 games that are actually running on real hardware.

cormack12

Gold Member

Still waiting. 2.5 months later. C'mon man, you gotta show us something here. It's gettign to the same pissd off point with those teases from Bluepoint.

DESTROYA

That's really not important. It will be a generic black box.

What more do you need to know?
It is to me and a lot of other people , yes I want to study the design and to see if SONY launches the V model with what
looked like excellent cooling or like you said a more standard box type.
One big factor this gen will be fan noise for me , I hate distractingly loud fans and hope they learned a lesson from the PS4.

Excited to see what the actual box looks like.

I'm hoping for some gameplay reveals too, though I do believe they'll keep games closer to their chest to unveil at a later time.

mortal

Gold Member
My bet?

They'll show actual next gen gameplay, how the new Dualsense affects gameplay, and finish with a quick peak of the PS5.
Agreed. This one is going to be focused on the software lineup.

With a later showcase to reveal the box, price, release date, & preorder.

Really great to be seeing some games soon. Wonder if they do a full console reveal? Also, gotta assume we won't get pricing this soon, right?

Sony should just show us what the PS5 looks like already. There's no reason for them to withhold the design since MS has already shown the XSX. I can understand Sony wanting to not reveal the launch price until the last possible moment (by the end of August maybe), but besides a last-minute change in the over-all hardware design, there is no other compelling reason not to show what the PS5 will look like right now!

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Is it safe to assume, there will be less tech talk and more just showing off games? I'm hoping they got all that boring tech talk out of the way with "road to PS5" show.

Top Bottom