• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Dynamic Themes

Calverz

Ok so wasnt sure if there was a thread already for this but what is your hopes and dreams for the dynamic themes?

Personally, i LOVED the NeoGaf theme on PS4. I had it for ages and id love another neogaf theme on the ps5. However, i know the guy who made it last time migrated to ERA. Do you think ps4 dynamic themes might work on the ps5??

Mods please lock if another thread for this exists.

CrysisFreak

Banned
>PS4 themes working on PS5
0.00000000000000000000000000000000001 % chance

In some interview about PS5 it was mentioned that they are focused on customisability when it comes to PS5 UI so I think in the medium term you'll be able to properly customise your PS5 OS.

Calverz

>PS4 themes working on PS5
0.00000000000000000000000000000000001 % chance

In some interview about PS5 it was mentioned that they are focused on customisability when it comes to PS5 UI so I think in the medium term you'll be able to properly customise your PS5 OS.
Ah ok. I wasnt sure. Its my hope someone can come up with a cool Gaf theme then.

I remember back on PS3, despite selling them on the store, you could make your own and upload them to dedicated fan sites for people to download via the built in web browser.

Some of the fan creations were great and I miss that about PS4. I’d like a better avatar selection on PS5 too or like Xbox, upload a custom one as standard.

CrysisFreak

Banned
I remember back on PS3, despite selling them on the store, you could make your own and upload them to dedicated fan sites for people to download via the built in web browser.

Some of the fan creations were great and I miss that about PS4. I’d like a better avatar selection on PS5 too or like Xbox, upload a custom one as standard.
PSP had that too, funnily enough lmao.
On PSP you could even completely change the XMB with a custom firmware there was some really cool stuff.
Good times.

Fbh

I doubt they'll be compatible unless the stick to an almost identical UI.

What I'd personally like to see is more customization options. Let me mix and match the visuals, music and sound effects of all my themes the way I want.
Some themes have nice images but annoying music, or nice music but meh visuals/icons, or some nail them both but have annoying sound effects.

Yeah that stuff was great. There were some pretty cool user made themes.
Would be nice to see it make a comeback (though I doubt it)

Top Bottom