• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 DualSense May Have a Great Feature for People Who Hate Switching Controllers

thelastword

Banned
Nothing interrupts a good gaming session quite like having your controller run out of juice. When you get that low-battery warning, do you get up and look for your second controller (assuming it has any charge) or do you stick it out and hope you can finish your mission/level/whatever before the controller dies? Even if you have a second charged controller sitting right there, you still have go through the annoying process of switching to it. Yes, I know, I know, First World problems, but still…it’s a pain in the butt. Well, it seems the PS5 may solve this little irritation.

Sony has patented a new “low battery switch over” system (thanks to Respawn First for the find), which will likely be a feature of the PS5’s new DualSense controller. Basically, when you get that dreaded low battery warning, you’ll be given the option to immediately and seamlessly switch over to a second controller. You can check out a diagram of the system,

Again, not a huge deal, but as someone who hates switching controllers, I definitely appreciate the thought Sony is putting in here. That said, hopefully running out of charge will be less common with the DualSense than it was with the DualShock 4, as it’s rumored the PS5 controller will last around 3 to 4 hours longer than the PS4 one. Sony will also be selling an official DualSense charging station right from launch, so the whole controller-charging process should be less of a trial.

WCCFdualsensecontroller6.jpg

https://wccftech.com/ps5-dualsense-controller-easy-switching/

Skifi28

Sounds like the most useless feature in the sea of useless features. To think that some people actually spent time working on this.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
Nothing interrupts a good gaming session quite like having your controller run out of juice.

This happens to people?

Oh wait, I forgot, everyone else has acceptable battery life :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Sony telling people their battery is so bad that you should just buy 2 controllers :messenger_winking:

tenor.gif

"And we told them, just buy 2 controllers!"

Top Bottom