• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 DualSense Controller Teardown - A Reparability Perspective

jaysius

Banned
I don't know, thought this was the first, feel free to ignore it, though. Oh wait...

This was already posted in the OT for the CONTROLLER itself.
This is a good teardown, the 'tuber is great not unbearable in any shape or form and very well informed.

Last edited:

RoadHazard

Gold Member
The video doesn't say anything about it being trickier to repair, just that there are a few more things that could potentially fail, because it's a more complex device.

Last edited:

FrankWza

The video doesn't say anything about it being trickier to repair, just that there are a few more things that could potentially fail, because it's a more complex device.

right, it looks like a pain to take apart and put back together and have it functional. Too many parts to put back and ribbon cables to reattach.

The Fartist

Gold Member
I doesn't have to say it, if you've ever taken apart a DualShock, any DualShock, you would know that the DualSense is, at the very least, quite a bit more difficult to pry open.

I just wish we had these exact controllers as they are with one exception: AA batteries. If you haven't experienced how wonderful it is to have this capability paired with a 4 pack of eneloops, you are missing out on wireless controller bliss. Imagine having 40 hours of battery life (as opposed to 8-12) and when the batteries do get low, instead of having to plug the controller in and deal with a wire, you just pause the game, pop off the lid, swap batteries from the recharger, and pop the lid back on. Voila another 40 hours of battery life at your hands in a matter of seconds.

Now we need videos like this to guide us on how to replace that rechargable battery once it goes through too many cycles and stops holding a decent charge. This can happen in just a couple years if you game a lot every day. I'm glad it's doable to open up, after all the prerelease pictures making it seem impossible, but based on this video it's not something I ever want to do. I used to open up my DS4 no problem for cleaning all the buttons and replacing joysticks. But this one? No chance.

Top Bottom