• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 dominates boxed charts, takes the No.1, No,2 and No.3 spots

Leyasu

Banned
Not MS and the prize could be the feelings.

Some devs are still betting they can take MS money to put theirs games on xbox gamepass while the consumers from the biggest gaming communities Playstation and Steam sustain their softwares sales. Wonder till when those consumers will start to wait and not buy on launch anymore.
Ooh, the feelings lol

Microsoft are only trying to moneyhat day one 3rd parties at the moment because their studios are still not in a position to pump out games at a regular tick. Once they do though, I imagine that they will try less and less to secure them. At the moment they need them to fill in the blanks.

Hezekiah

Banned
Of couse not. But it's a super healthy platform. That's the point.
Some games do better on one platform and others on another.
Virtually all third-party games sell more on Playstation, but I think the point is the contrast is starker if the game is on GamePass.

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
Come At Me Bro How Bow Dat GIF
giphy.gif

BigLee74

PlayStation owners keeping it old school. Respect!

Genuinely can no longer remember the last time I bought a physical disc. It’s at LEAST 5 years ago.

PlayStation owners keeping it old school. Respect!

Genuinely can no longer remember the last time I bought a physical disc. It’s at LEAST 5 years ago.

Well I believe digital is also extremely popular on playstation as well. I believe most of the differences are due to the market share more than anything else.

yazenov

UK

• Fifa 21 : 62% of sales on PlayStation
  • Hitman III : 75% on PlayStation
  • F1 2021: 65% on PlayStation
  • Nier Replicant : 90% on PlaySstation
  • Mass Effect Legendary : 70% on PlayStation
  • Resident Evil VIII : 80% on PlayStation
  • Hades : 93% on PlayStation
  • NFL 22 : 81% on PlayStation

Scarlet Nexus 80 % On PlayStation (MS marketed and advertised this game)

Cant wait for Tales of Arise next :messenger_grinning_sweat:

yazenov

Xbox has no physical sales and will never again have. It does not matter, as developers still make billions of $ on the Xbox platform.

Resident Evil: Village both physical + digital for May in UK monthly charts

PS: 58%
Xbox: 31%
PC: 11%

RE Village PS software sales nearly double Xbox RE Village sales.

Also for anyone who says boxed software sales is irrelevant in the UK, here is a quote for you

1.2 million games were digitally downloaded via Steam, PSN, Xbox Store and Nintendo eShop, which is a drop of 54% over last year. 885,000 were sold via UK physical retailers,

Hezekiah

Banned
UK sales? thats like reporting game sales in Kentucky basically.
I know a lot of Americans like to joke about the size of the UK cos it's like close to a third the size of Texas. But the population is 68m, so over a fifth of the population of the US - we're packed tight 💪.

I know a lot of Americans like to joke about the size of the UK cos it's like close to a third the size of Texas. But the population is 68m, so over a fifth of the population of the US - we're packed tight 💪.
thats like if everyone in California and Florida moved to Indiana. How do u all fit in there

I don't mean to be negative or derail but why the fuck is Sony so quiet?

When last did we hear anything about their upcoming games or plans for the future.

Boxed charts. Kids who cant afford to buy online as they don't have access to dad's credit card get physical lol.

Few thousand boxed copies sold is no biggie. In UK most retail stores dying anyway.

Top Bottom