• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 dominates boxed charts, takes the No.1, No,2 and No.3 spots

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
they will continue to stay on spot as long theres constant supply of stocks.
See U Dj Khaled GIF by TikTok

Last edited:

Evilms

Banned
UK

• Fifa 21 : 62% of sales on PlayStation
  • Hitman III : 75% on PlayStation
  • F1 2021: 65% on PlayStation
  • Nier Replicant : 90% on PlaySstation
  • Mass Effect Legendary : 70% on PlayStation
  • Resident Evil VIII : 80% on PlayStation
  • Hades : 93% on PlayStation
  • NFL 22 : 81% on PlayStation

Last edited:

Dream-Knife

Banned
I don't care what anyone says AMERICAN FOOTBALL (gridiron whatever you call it)SUCKS.

Rugby, Cricket, and Football is where it's at. AND it's NOT Soccer you yanks. "lollipop_disappointed: :messenger_heart:
I do agree that football sucks, but I'm not a sports person. I think soccer is worse. Just running around kicking a ball, and you guys have riots over it.

Rugby seems pretty cool. Surprised it isn't illegal in the UK.

Topher

Gold Member
Ahh the weekly UK boxed charts salt hangout!

I don't care what anyone says AMERICAN FOOTBALL (gridiron whatever you call it)SUCKS.

Rugby, Cricket, and Football is where it's at. AND it's NOT Soccer you yanks. "lollipop_disappointed: :messenger_heart:

It is pretty interesting how polarized the opinions are about these sports. Not sure why soccer (yeah.....that's what we call it) never really caught on for most like it did elsewhere. I can't watch soccer, personally. I find it boring. It is what it is.

Last edited:

sircaw

Banned

It is pretty interesting how polarized the opinions are about these sports. Not sure why soccer (yeah.....that's what we call it) never really caught on for most like it did elsewhere. I can't watch soccer, personally. I find it boring. It is what it is.
yer sport is like that, that's probably part of its beauty, there are some many different types for all types of people.

I personally love cricket, but if i was an American i would probably be all over baseball, it looks and feels awesome.

ZehDon

I'll be curious to see the spread on Madden. That seems like a low debut, even for an American football game in the UK. Does this indicate a massive swing to digital, or does the UK just not give a fuck about hand egg?

MrFunSocks

Banned
I'll be curious to see the spread on Madden. That seems like a low debut, even for an American football game in the UK. Does this indicate a massive swing to digital, or does the UK just not give a fuck about hand egg?
Massive swing? Digital is 80%+ already almost across the board.

Kilau

Gold Member

Right? If they didn’t want us to call it Soccer then they shouldn’t have it called it Soccer, we didn’t come up with it.

The only sport I find fun to watch is Basketball, it’s pretty much perfect in its pure form.

Oh yeah, UK charts…the reactions are always more interesting than the chart itself.

We are talking about such low numbers here that it's embarrassing.

Remember Japan doesn't matter, but for some reason the boxed UK sales chart does.....

Doesn't mean that this doesn't deserve a thread. At least they are not figures from VGcharts which many have an issue with. Luckily we do get some actual numbers from the manufacturers every now and then.

Anyways big influx of stock made a lot of PS5 software gain positions in the charts. That's pretty normal to see. Now they do look like titles that would be included in bundles though.

Last edited:

ZehDon

Massive swing? Digital is 80%+ already almost across the board.
Ok? If EA is seeing 95% digital sales on this title, that's still a massive swing, and their game might debut at a much lower position on boxed charts as a result. It might indicate the first nail in the coffin of boxed game sales for EA... or, the UK might not give a fuck about hand egg.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Doesn't mean that this doesn't deserve a thread. At least they are not figures from VGcharts which many have an issue with. Luckily we do get some actual numbers from the manufacturers every now and then.

Anyways big influx of stock made a lot of PS5 software gain positions in the charts. That's pretty normal to see. Now they do look like titles that would be included in bundles though.
Definitely good seeing stock improve on PS5, hopefully we are seeing a tide turn on improving stock levels.

UK charts are just sadly so bad now. Physical sales are in the toilet.

Mr Moose

We are talking about such low numbers here that it's embarrassing.

Remember Japan doesn't matter, but for some reason the boxed UK sales chart does.....
Ah yes, Japan, with it's 15k number 1 boxed sales. UK doesn't matter though because numbers smol.
These numbers spawned more than one thread, spelling doom for PlayStation in Japan.

Haggard

Banned
The amount of shareholders for any of the three major platform holders must be ridiculously high on these boards with how many sales and marketshare threads there are all the time.
I mean, if you`re not a shareholder with your profits directly tied to those revenue numbers then what kind of pathetic imbecile would you have to be to care about some multi billion dollar company`s financial results, let alone argue about this with strangers....

Last edited:
Definitely good seeing stock improve on PS5, hopefully we are seeing a tide turn on improving stock levels.

UK charts are just sadly so bad now. Physical sales are in the toilet.

Wouldn't you say the ratios for digital are similar?

Can't really see it being much different given the way the hardware sells there.

Top Bottom