• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 custom FACEPLATES are FINALLY here

RoboFu

One of the green rats
H6ed1c26e018d4ddba7ba55cdb6f2d8f4S.jpg

H4dc863918c334e83bf0fc97fe14499d3N.jpg

Hf16aa23a74de4a0fad1756539f3c250eL.jpg
Reminds me of novelty condoms for some reason.

M

Mr.Vodoo

Unconfirmed Member
I bought my plates from D-Brand and very happy with my purchase.

Sony will find they cannot control the third-party faceplate market, and that makes me happy.

jaysius

Banned
wow I do not like that youtuber
When I see these comments I typically expect an overly aggressive hype whore, instead in this rare case you get a well spoken dude. It was gross how he padded the video with an AD for those faceplates he was given to shill. Aside from the ad for the controllright face plates and making the video 8 minutes when it could have been 3 or 4 this tuber seems ok.

saintjules

Thinking about something like these...Though the RGB lighting could be distracting. If anything, solid colors.

Edit: I think I'll go with the stick mods.

Last edited:

skit_data

I’d like faceplates that change the physical shape of the PS5 entirely, make it a symmetrical box/block/pyramid or something else entirely. Anything that doesn’t impede airflow should be possible.

ReBurn

Gold Member
0QvSRqW.png

For better Airflow.
Should have at least added a dust filter.🤷🏼‍♂️
I wonder how they know the airflow is better? Guess it would help release heat trapped inside the shell?

I want a sturdy set of matte black plates and I'll be happy. I just haven't found any that I'm comfortable buying yet.

Last edited:
I wonder how they know the airflow is better? Guess it would help release heat trapped inside the shell?

I want a sturdy set of matte black plates and I'll be happy. I just haven't found any that I'm comfortable buying yet.
Gamersnexus made a video about the temperatures and without the plates the console runs cooler.

So with the open design the console will run cooler.

I have a black and a grey faceplate from AliExpress.

ReBurn

Gold Member
Gamersnexus made a video about the temperatures and without the plates the console runs cooler.

So with the open design the console will run cooler.

I have a black and a grey faceplate from AliExpress.
So that particular one must be focused on venting the case which would be good.

Top Bottom