• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hey Guest. Check out the NeoGAF 2.2 Update Thread for details on our new Giphy integration and other new features.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

PS5 Controllers Are Drifting, And The Repairs Are A Hassle

Sep 22, 2020
It's like a super low stakes version of the Fight Club scene with the car. As long as returns are under a certain amount the risk of drift is ok with all of the gaming companies if it saves a few $ on production costs.

assurdum

Aug 14, 2020
I can confirm all the ds4 I had, have had the drift issue first or later; I solved it buy one separately to the console. Frankly I'm quite annoyed of this stuff, it seems the controller bundled with the console have a cheaper built of the version sold separately. Hoped with Dual Sense this thing was definitely dead. God I hope when ps5 is available to not have such issue again because I could lose my mind.

Last edited:

thismeinteil

Jan 6, 2020
As is the case with all controllers. It's just a byproduct of mass production. There are probably 15M+ Dual Sense's out there. Even if just 1% are defective, which is actually a great rate, that's still leaves 150K people who can complain online, amplifying the issue. Really 5% is an acceptable fail rate, which would be 750K people.

Same thing has happened to MS and Nintendo, and both have been sued for it, too.

Last edited: