• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 backwards compatibility with PS4

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
I and others are proof on here that people do care about Socom.

it’s like saying no one cares about Halo In 2013 after seeing Halo 4s numbers decline. The MCC sales on Xbox and PC show a very different story to what some were saying about Halo in 2013.

Sony just needs to know how to please their fans by listening to the fan base. no one wants another Socom 4 style game, believe me.
I put 300 hours into Confrontation, I care about Socom as well...I should rephrase, not enough people care about Socom anymore for it to be worthwhile. I would love to see another GOOD Socom, but with the market flooded with battle royales, and most of those guys who worked on Socom in its heyday retired, I don't think they could pull it off properly anyway.

vkbest

I was thinking of getting a PS5 day 1 and giving my ps4 to my nephew as a x-mas gift but it
i have a big doubt about ps5 backwards compatibility with ps4 .

what games will be able to be played?

i have a huge PS4 catalog and around 5 games still in my wishlist (MK11 , RE3 , Walking Dead S4, Catherine Full Body and Control). Which i was still thinking of buying now that i found the cheap prices of brasil psn compared to portugal psn.

why not test your games on PS5 on release and decide if your are giving your PS4 one month after?

cragarmi

I put 300 hours into Confrontation, I care about Socom as well...I should rephrase, not enough people care about Socom anymore for it to be worthwhile. I would love to see another GOOD Socom, but with the market flooded with battle royales, and most of those guys who worked on Socom in its heyday retired, I don't think they could pull it off properly anyway.

I'm sure Sony are aware of fans love for the franchise, and what made it popular, and although may be consider niche, a game for everyone is a game for noone.

The only way the PS5 would play PS1, PS2, and PS3 games with complete accuracy is to include those consoles' hardware in the machine. That's how the PS2 and [early] PS3 worked. The PS3 was literally a PS1+PS2+PS3.

The only real way to get 100% emulator accuracy would be to re-implement all the older consoles' hardware in software, and that's not exactly an easy task.

Hostile_18

Banned
The only way the PS5 would play PS1, PS2, and PS3 games with complete accuracy is to include those consoles' hardware in the machine. That's how the PS2 and [early] PS3 worked. The PS3 was literally a PS1+PS2+PS3.

The only real way to get 100% emulator accuracy would be to re-implement all the older consoles' hardware in software, and that's not exactly an easy task.

If fans can create emulators that are say 98% compatible in their spare time, surely Sony could do with all the knowledge and access to code/documentation at their disposal, fairly easily?

93xfan

Banned

Confrontation missed in some places, but it was still a really fun game. The originals really had maps that just never seemed to get old. Crossroads, Abandoned (daytime), Desert Glory, Mixer, Foxhunt, Frost Fire.

I think Sony just doesn’t want to make a remake because they’d feel obligated to keep the servers up for a passionate community that may no longer be that large,

ToadMan

except for walking dead S4 everything in my wishlist at least seems pretty recent.

backlog are games like : AC III remastered , Rogue remastered , Ni nu kuni remastered ,no man sky , Street fighter V just to name a few

So my "logic" for this - and it's really just a guess based on how this kind of thing works for tools like Unity with PC/Mac/IOS/Android builds - is that since the PS5 devkits have been around, Sony has tools to build for PS5 - its a "switch" in the Dev kit to enable PS5 compatibility.

Having activated that switch and tried to build the App - it will either fail or succeed. If it fails - that will take effort to fix.

If it succeeds the next step is to run the code on the dev kit hardware or a PC based simulator to test runtime performance and logic. If that succeeds, then it should be compatible with PS5 at no extra cost. If this fails though and effort is required to fix it it will come down to how much it will cost vs benefit of doing the fix.

The older and less popular the game, the more likely it will fail to port to PS5 and the less likely anyone will make the money/resource available to do the work to get it running if there's no revenue to be generated. That would be my concern about things like the Walking Dead and maybe even AC.

The only thing we know for sure is that games built after July 11 must be PS5 compatible. Everything prior to that isn't guaranteed right now until Sony produce a list or at least a final statement on it.

It's a risk to make that plan right now I'm afraid - until we get more information I don't think you can be sure.

Azurro

Banned
It will be fully compatible. That’s one of the main reasons for the GPU they went for. 36 compute units (PS4 was 18; Pro was 36). I believe that BC was a feature that was not in the initial scope of the console but was added later. It’s not quite as “elegant” of a backwards compatibility solution as I think it painted them in a corner and forced their choice for the silicon and throttled back some potential next gen power but it will maintain 100% compatibility.

That's not necessarily the case, they went with HW BC in terms of design, but that didn't force them to a set amount of CUs. After all, you can turn off any amount of CUs to match the PS4 and PS4 Pro profiles as long as the logic is still there.

It was basically between the choice of having a larger CU count at a lower clock, like Xbox did, or having a smaller CU count but with much higher clocks to get a higher performance out of them.

This approach is also better for the future (for Sony I mean), as they in theory can get more advantages from fabrication node process advancements, as it will be cheaper for them to manufacture in the future and can offer the PS5 for a lower price, assuming SSD prices continue to fall.

Shmunter

Sony had AMD bake in PS4 compatibility into the GPU, just like they did with PRO.

PS5 should be no less PS4 compatible than PRO was. Plug and play.

A new gen Boost mode however presents new challenges. On PRO that was limited to allowing games to break out of their limited specs by allowing higher cpu and GPU clock advantage, but access was limited to 50% of the GPU compute power.

Hopefully PS5 boost goes beyond what pro allowed, even if performing tricks to offer higher rez and framerate doubling.

CyRuZ

Banned
Sony was able to get 99% of PS1 & PS2 games to work on early models of PS3.
If only. EU ps3's didn't have the Emotion engine chip for bc and only software Emu. A lot games were playable. But far from 99%. More like 50/50.

Only talking about ps2 games. PS1 games ran without problems most of the times.

The European 60GB model (CECHC), the South Korean and North American CECHE 80GB model excludes the PlayStation 2 "Emotion Engine" CPU chip with it being replaced by an emulated version via the Cell Broadband Engine.[11] However, it retains the "Graphics Synthesizer" GPU resulting in a hybrid hardware and software emulation.[16] Due to the elimination of the "Emotion Engine" and its replacement with a software-emulated version, the level of PlayStation 2 compatibility was slightly reduced

Last edited:

93xfan

Banned
This^ this is what I was trying to convey, but couldn't figure out the right words.

I really wish this wasn’t the case and Sony was better about servers. Wish they would just sell the franchise at this point. That and lack of even PS1 BC (not to mention PS2 and PS3 BC) makes me not want to support Sony any longer.

I think things would be different if they weren’t the market leader by such a large margin

Last edited:

The Alien

Banned
When Sony had gone through long periods of radio silence heading into next gen this was one of my concerns.

There should be so much to talk about aside from console and launch titles. Sony has done the base minimum on explaining a lot of their plans.
  • Playstation Now? No changes I assume. They haven't said shit. Meanwhile its clearly a major area for MS.
  • Backwards Compatibility. MS has been clear about what their plans and have even talked about upgrades to the FREE program (i.e. adding HDR to games that were released before HDR was even a thing. Sony backhanded the BC plan by saying the top PS4 games will eventually be BC. My bet is they'll do just enough to stop support a year or two into gen 5. Or theyll pull a Sony and charge you for BC.
Sony's vagueness on this is pretty embarrassing...especially when the competition is doing such an amazing job of it.

Evangelion Unit-01

Master Chief
That's not necessarily the case, they went with HW BC in terms of design, but that didn't force them to a set amount of CUs. After all, you can turn off any amount of CUs to match the PS4 and PS4 Pro profiles as long as the logic is still there.

It was basically between the choice of having a larger CU count at a lower clock, like Xbox did, or having a smaller CU count but with much higher clocks to get a higher performance out of them.

This approach is also better for the future (for Sony I mean), as they in theory can get more advantages from fabrication node process advancements, as it will be cheaper for them to manufacture in the future and can offer the PS5 for a lower price, assuming SSD prices continue to fall.
My working theory is they were targeting something else but added back compat support later on and chose to go 36 CU to achieve it vs working though a solution similar to Xbox. I think it was the easiest way for them to achieve BC on a short turn around time after making the decision later in the process. Could totally be wrong but just my 2 cents. I think PS5 had a somewhat rocky design process as there were seemingly two schools of thought clashing with Jim Ryan ultimately coming out on top. Not a knock on the hardware just think it is a product of two leaders clashing internally. I actually think the better strategy at Sony won out. The back compat, cross play, steaming, and inclusion of PC is going to really do well for them in the long term.

Last edited:

Azurro

Banned
My working theory is they were targeting something else but added back compat support later on and chose to go 36 CU to achieve it vs working though a solution similar to Xbox. I think it was the easiest way for them to achieve BC on a short turn around time after making the decision later in the process. Could totally be wrong but just my 2 cents. I think PS5 had a somewhat rocky design process as there were seemingly two schools of thought clashing with Jim Ryan ultimately coming out on top. Not a knock on the hardware just think it is a product of two leaders clashing internally. I actually think the better strategy at Sony won out. The back compat, cross play, steaming, and inclusion of PC is going to really do well for them in the long term.

Your theory absolutely makes no sense and I will tell you why. How can they BC be added later on when they needed to add logic to the CUs that the PS4 expected at a hardware level anyway? It's not possible to do that in a quick and dirty fashion. Again, you don't understand that the 36 CUs design has nothing to do with HW BC, because you can arbitrarily turn off any amount of CUs. Your GPU has 56 CUs and you want a PS4 mode? Just turn off 38 CUs. You want a PS4 Pro profile? Just turn off 20 CUs. There's no need to limit yourself to 40 CUs (that's the actual amount in the PS5 chip, 4 are just turned off).

Again, your theory is nonsense because you don't just create a machine like the PS5 throwing a bunch of PC components from newegg together. They had 2 choices ahead of them, to go wide with a bigger number of slower CUs, like the Xbox, or to go narrower with less CUs but much faster, which is what they chose. In order to achieve the kind of speeds they wanted and distribute power and cool things in a deterministic way, they had to come up with a completely different way of calculating the work the GPU is doing. That is not easy, you don't do that in a quick and dirty way. And why would Jim Ryan be involved in this?

THE:MILKMAN

The PS5 will be fully BC with all PS4 games just like the PS4 Pro. The PS5 hardware was designed to play PS4 and PS4 Pro games. That was confirmed by Mark Cerny.

So the only uncertainty is whether a PS4 game will have problems running in boost mode - that's going to be checked on a case by case basis.

Right, and this is the logical conclusion from listening to Mark's presentation. The small problem is the man at the top himself said the below FUD to CNET just after the reveal!

Jim Ryan said:
The disc version will also obviously offer backwards compatibility with those old discs too.

We said that the PS5 has been designed to play PS4 games. We're going through the process with the publishers and developers testing that rather exhaustive library of over 4,000 games. We're happy with the progress that's been made.

Now logically if the PS5 APU has the logic and 'Legacy Modes' as described by Mark then it would at least be the equivalent of the PS2 chips being in launch PS3's right, and I don't remember all 4500 PS2 games having to be tested for compatibility (because of the small detail of having the hardware/logic built-in!).

I initially thought Sony were being overly cautious with the arse covering but after Jim's literal FUD answer here I'm not so sure anymore.

Last edited:
Now logically if the PS5 APU has the logic and 'Legacy Modes' as described by Mark then it would at least be the equivalent of the PS2 chips being in launch PS3's right, and I don't remember all 4500 PS2 games having to be tested for compatibility (because of the small detail of having the hardware/logic built-in!).

I initially thought Sony were being overly cautious with the arse covering but after Jim's literal FUD answer here I'm not so sure anymore.
Actually, not all PS1 games ran on PS2, and not all PS2 games ran on launch PS3. Yes, they have the hardware builtin, but that does not mean it magically makes everything run without testing.

Generally the issue is that game developers have a tendency to use quirky unintended design flaws of consoles to code in features, which often gets patched out or were absent in the next gen machine. So it makes sense that testing is needed no matter what.

I still remember when Xbox One could only handle so many 360 games and had to continually be updated with new games that worked on BC and all anyone could say was "OMG SO CONSUMER FRIENDLY" but now we're very concerned that not enough PS4 games will be BC.

THE:MILKMAN

Actually, not all PS1 games ran on PS2, and not all PS2 games ran on launch PS3. Yes, they have the hardware builtin, but that does not mean it magically makes everything run without testing.

Generally the issue is that game developers have a tendency to use quirky unintended design flaws of consoles to code in features, which often gets patched out or were absent in the next gen machine. So it makes sense that testing is needed no matter what.

That goes without saying. There are always BC bugs in 2-3% of games in this situation even where the actual chips are used like in launch PS3's and some games just won't run at all. Doesn't change the fact that what Jim said contradicts what I and others understood about what Mark said in R2PS5. Until/unless Sony properly clarify once and for all then the uncertainty will continue.

Kadve

Make sure you have a question mark next time you ask such a question. Actually got excited for a sec.

And no, we don't know yet. Hopefully they will tell us more during the next state of play.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Then buys PS5 for Demon Souls 🤔
Now imagine buying a PS5 to play Silent Hill 2 in 4k with HDR and Ray Tracing

A Silent Hill 2 rebuilt and reimagined/redesigned around 4K displays raytracing is not Silent Hill 2... that is what people would like and the only thing sharing with it would be character and story. As if in movies and books and games we were not retelling stories all the time...

Mattyp

Gold Member
If fans can create emulators that are say 98% compatible in their spare time, surely Sony could do with all the knowledge and access to code/documentation at their disposal, fairly easily?

They already have "Playstation classic emulator" it's literally in the PS4 code, the only way you get to access it is by re-buying old games for the 3rd or so time on the store front but.

Or you can jailbreak your PS4 and play hundreds of PS2 games immediately. PS1 & PS2 emulation is not hard, they even use an emulator on their $5 PS1 mini, the fact they can't enable it on PS4 is a crock of shit. The only reasoning behind not doing so is cash grabs on classic games and maybe they have no way to detect pirated games? Maybe? Who knows but.

Faithless83

Banned
not the same reason as me , to me its because it will be his first console.

back to the question in hand , just made a list of my catalog :

Games i own and have yet to play or finish :
ac rogue remastered
batman arkham city remastered
bioshock collection
knack II
ni no kuni remastered
no mans sky
red dead 2
ratchet & clank
star wars fallen order
Street fighter v
division 1 and 2
titanfall 2
last guardian
walking dead S3
Far cry 3 classic edition
tearaway unfolded
dragon ball fighterz
dragon ball kakarot

psn wishlist :
Control
MK11
Catherine : Full Body
resident evil 3
a plague tale : innocence
walking dead S4

im just assumed at least this years PS+ games will somehow have backwards compatility ,

Your wishlist is fine. Backlog I would advise to start with the older titles and move up.
That said, by x-mas you will likely have a list of what of the mentioned games work properly. From there, you can make the decision or just wait until they are compatible.

Last edited:

hussar16

seems like sony was banking on ps now only backwards compatibility with ps5 but now that xbox threw it in as a huge feature they shoehorned it in and sre freaking out, im buying ps5 but I doubt we will even get 4k for all ps4 games on ps5 probably just small framerate improvements

Evangelion Unit-01

Master Chief
Your theory absolutely makes no sense and I will tell you why. How can they BC be added later on when they needed to add logic to the CUs that the PS4 expected at a hardware level anyway? It's not possible to do that in a quick and dirty fashion. Again, you don't understand that the 36 CUs design has nothing to do with HW BC, because you can arbitrarily turn off any amount of CUs. Your GPU has 56 CUs and you want a PS4 mode? Just turn off 38 CUs. You want a PS4 Pro profile? Just turn off 20 CUs. There's no need to limit yourself to 40 CUs (that's the actual amount in the PS5 chip, 4 are just turned off).

Again, your theory is nonsense because you don't just create a machine like the PS5 throwing a bunch of PC components from newegg together. They had 2 choices ahead of them, to go wide with a bigger number of slower CUs, like the Xbox, or to go narrower with less CUs but much faster, which is what they chose. In order to achieve the kind of speeds they wanted and distribute power and cool things in a deterministic way, they had to come up with a completely different way of calculating the work the GPU is doing. That is not easy, you don't do that in a quick and dirty way. And why would Jim Ryan be involved in this?
Sure, again just my theory. I understand that its not as simple as choosing a GPU w/ the same number of compute units. Still work to do to make sure they behave same as PS4. My assumption is that the decision was made "quickly" to go with a chip w/ 36 CUs and variable clock so that they could create a 1:1 PS4 Pro profile. As for the 40 CUs, yes I also understand that is done so they can manufacture chips without as many defects. When I say "later on" I still mean while the hardware was on paper.

What I am getting at here is that my guess is the choice for the GPU was made to more "easily" maintain parity with PS4 in order to achieve backwards compatibility. I think over the past few years at Sony there have been two prevalent strategies that really clashed: one focused on recreating the success of the PS4 with exclusive single player titles in their own tightly managed walled off ecosystem and another strategy focused on positioning PS as platform with more of a focus on PC and PSNow. Seems like Ryan represents the latter and that is the strategy that won out. I am not sure how focused a 2017 or 2016 Sony would have been on BC. I think it came as later development (relative to the hardware dev process) where they looked at all of the GaaS/Live titles their partners had on the system (as well as the digital revenue they brought in) like fortnite, Destiny, FIFA, Minecraft, GTA, etc and realized that they needed to support those titles crossgen. I could be totally wrong but thats just my read on the leadership shake up over there along with some of the changing messaging we've seen over past 2 years. It's why I think they chose the route they did in order to ensure they achieved back compat as tightly as possible.

I'm largely indifferent to choice they made just my take on why they made it. I'm not too interested in spec wars. I have my take on the specs and enjoy talking about them but one being slightly more/less powerful than the other won't keep me from buying both systems. I have all three MS/Sony/Nintendo systems going back to the Xbox/PS2/Gamecube. I'll still be playing great games all the same.

Azurro

Banned
A Silent Hill 2 rebuilt and reimagined/redesigned around 4K displays raytracing is not Silent Hill 2... that is what people would like and the only thing sharing with it would be character and story. As if in movies and books and games we were not retelling stories all the time...

A new next gen and reimagined Silent Hill 2 would be incredible. Now thank you for the depressing moment since Konami has 0 interest in core games at the moment and prefers to let its franchises rot. :messenger_loudly_crying:

Azurro

Banned
Sure, again just my theory. I understand that its not as simple as choosing a GPU w/ the same number of compute units. Still work to do to make sure they behave same as PS4. My assumption is that the decision was made "quickly" to go with a chip w/ 36 CUs and variable clock so that they could create a 1:1 PS4 Pro profile. As for the 40 CUs, yes I also understand that is done so they can manufacture chips without as many defects. When I say "later on" I still mean while the hardware was on paper.

What I am getting at here is that my guess is the choice for the GPU was made to more "easily" maintain parity with PS4 in order to achieve backwards compatibility. I think over the past few years at Sony there have been two prevalent strategies that really clashed: one focused on recreating the success of the PS4 with exclusive single player titles in their own tightly managed walled off ecosystem and another strategy focused on positioning PS as platform with more of a focus on PC and PSNow. Seems like Ryan represents the latter and that is the strategy that won out. I am not sure how focused a 2017 or 2016 Sony would have been on BC. I think it came as later development (relative to the hardware dev process) where they looked at all of the GaaS/Live titles their partners had on the system (as well as the digital revenue they brought in) like fortnite, Destiny, FIFA, Minecraft, GTA, etc and realized that they needed to support those titles crossgen. I could be totally wrong but thats just my read on the leadership shake up over there along with some of the changing messaging we've seen over past 2 years. It's why I think they chose the route they did in order to ensure they achieved back compat as tightly as possible.

No, your theory still doesn't make sense. The problem is a lack of information, where people think that certain processes or directions can be quickly changed. These next generation machines have been in the works for at the very, very least 3 years, if not 4, they have a chat with the vendor, AMD in this case, and enter into an agreement for the development of a new machine. These are after all really big projects, as the components inside of the machine are customised quite a bit and usually they are the biggest APUs AMD has ever produced, so it's not a simple task. Jim Ryan has only been the president and CEO of Sony since April 2019. Your timeline doesn't make sense, as by the time that happened, the design was mostly locked in.

Your theory doesn't make sense because BC is not THAT complex to achieve when the previous machine is based on the x86 architecture, as well as the GPU coming from an architecture that the new generation has built on heavily. Not to say it's anything close to simple, but it's not like it is trying to emulate an ARM or a PowerPC CPU. You can create a 1:1 PS4 Pro profile through software (or firmware? I'm a Java dev, I don't do such low level code. :) ), by turning off the required amount of CUs to have only 36 active, that's not a good explanation. Aside from that, regardless of the strategy, you think Sony would go through all the bother of creating an ecosystem and then throw it away for next gen for no good reason? The eco system is very useful for them as it helps them to lock in customers and transition them easier to their next gen hardware, as for example Apple will gladly explain to you.

Sony isn't "focusing" on PC, if that were the case every first party title would be available on it. The real explanation is that Sony is probably struggling a bit to grow the PlayStation userbase even further, so it's probably hoping that by porting a few old titles to PC, they can let other potential customers of the type of games they have been missing out on. Regardless, even if your theory was correct and they want to focus on that, that doesn't preclude them from creating the most powerful machine they can within their constraints.

Now, having explored those reasons you gave, I'll give you more sensible ones. As described in the presentation, you can go narrower and faster, or slower and wider. What is the biggest difference there? Cost, cost, cost. As long as you don't need exotic cooling, Sony probably went to that route since a smaller number of CUs have higher yields and are cheaper to manufacture compared to Xbox's 52, and decided to go with a rather innovative way of increasing the clock speed and get the most performance out of the existing CUs as possible. From what I understand, it makes sense as well, as different tasks happen at different times and there are times where there is more of a load on the CPU and there are times where there is much more load on the GPU, so by shifting power between both components dynamically in a deterministic way, you can be very efficient and extract more performance than you normally would out of that chip.

You also have to remember that they had to take cost into account due to the I/O sub system, since that fancy SSD isn't cheap. And in the future, they'll be able to more easily create a slim and/or a Pro version of the console by taking advantage of fabrication node improvements.

I know that it's more exiting to think of drama in the office and game of thrones like betrayals, but it doesn't work like that.

Sony was able to get 99% of PlayStation games to work on PlayStation 2.

Sony was able to get 99% of PS1 & PS2 games to work on early models of PS3.

The situation with playing Xbox 360 games on Xbox One was different, and went beyond mere licensing restrictions.

As I understand it, Xbox One does not actually emulate the Xbox 360. The systems have rather different architectures, so the Xbox 360 executables are recompiled into different code that the Xbox One understands. This is why you can't simply "pop in the disc and play" like you could with PS2, PS3, Wii, etc.--the system needs to download the recompiled binaries (which aren't contained on the game discs).

This is also the reason why Microsoft's approach with Xbox One is not considered true "backward compatibility"--the disc merely acts as a validation key to download a recompiled version of the game. If the recompiled code doesn't exist on Microsoft's servers, then the game won't play.

Presumably, the PS5 situation is somewhere in between the PS2/PS3 approach and the Xbox One approach, but much closer to PS2/PS3. The PS5 architecture is similar to that of PS4. Inserting a disc into the PS5 should cause the PS5 to act like a PS4, so that it copies the files directly from the disc and/or downloads whatever updates it needs from the network. Some games might have enhanced updates available for the PS5, but the game shouldn't need to be "recompiled" in order for it to work at a basic level.

The litmus test here will be to see what happens when you take a PS5 system, don't connect it to the Internet, and then stick in a game disc. Ideally, it should install the game and play in the same way that a PS4 system would.

Hmmm, you're completely wrong to begin with though. It does actually emulate the 360 GPU and OS Stack though...

"Basically, we have a VGPU - or an Xbox 360 GPU that we've recompiled into x86 - and we run the entire 360 OS stack," explains Bill Stillwell, Xbox Platform Lead. "We take each game, we recompile it so that it runs, but basically we're running it still in a 360, and the team goes through the game with multiple passes."

Also yeah obviously they PowerPC built games need recompiled into x86... the hardware inside each is completely different. Sony will need to do the same or similair if it comes to PS1, 2 or 3 (especially 3 cause of Cell).

Xbox have flat out said before they are not modifying or changing the actual game code the devs put in there to make the game run, they are specifically porting to a new architecture and basically mimicing the 360 on the X1 (the Xbox one shares some specific things in common with the 360 making this possible). I don't know why you're saying that they aren't emulating the 360 when they clearly are....

Question though, if its as simple as you say with the PS4 > PS5, then why are you only getting up to 100-ish at launch? If it were "true BC", wouldn't be as simple as popping your disc in and off you go like you said? the PS2 didn't require a patch.

TLZ

Banned
Is there A Thread that Lists all that Games that work with PS5 and how well they work ?
All of them work except 9-10 games.

Edit:. They dropped to 7 games only now.

• Afro Samurai 2 Revenge of Kuma Volume One
  • TT Isle of Man Ride on the Edge 2
  • Just Deal With It!
  • Robinson: The Journey
  • We Sing
  • Hitman Go: Definitive Edition
  • Shadwen

Check under "PS4 only games".

Last edited:
Top Bottom