• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 accessories detailed – DualSense, Charging Station, PULSE 3D Headset, Media Remote, and HD Camera

Mista

Banned
PS5-Accessories_08-04-20.jpg

Sony Interactive Entertainment has updated the PlayStation 5 accessories website with detailed information on each announced accessory.

Get the details below:
DualSense Wireless Controller

Discover a deeper gaming experiences with the innovative new PS5 controller.

Heighten Your Senses

The DualSense wireless controller for PS5 offers immersive haptic feedback, dynamic adaptive triggers, and a built-in microphone, all integrated into an iconic design.

Bring Gaming Worlds to Life

• Haptic Feedback – Feel physically responsive feedback to your in-game actions with dual actuators which replace traditional rumble motors. In your hands, these dynamic vibrations can simulate the feeling of everything from environments to the recoil of different weapons.
  • Adaptive Triggers – Experience varying levels of force and tension as you interact with your in-game gear and environments. From pulling back an increasingly tight bowstring to hitting the brakes on a speeding car, feel physically connected to your on-screen actions.
Find Your Voice, Share Your Passion

• Built-In Microphone and Headset Jack – Chat with friends online using the built-in microphone–or by connecting a headset to the 3.5mm jack. Easily switch off voice capture at a moment’s notice with the dedicated mute button.
  • Create Button – Capture and broadcast your most epic gaming moments with the create button. Building on the success of the pioneering SHARE button, “create” offers players more ways to produce gaming content and broadcast their adventures live to the world.
A Gaming Icon in Your Hands

Take control with an evolved, two-tone design that combines an iconic, intuitive layout with enhanced sticks and a re-imagined light bar.

Familiar Features

The DualSense wireless controller retains many DualShock 4 features, returning for a new generation of play.

• Built-In Battery – Charge and play, now via USB Type-C 4.
  • Integrated Speaker – Select games take on an extra dimension with higher-fidelity sound effects bursting from the controller.
  • Motion Sensor – Bring intuitive motion control to supported games with the built-in accelerometer and gyroscope.
DualSense Charging Station
Stay in the game and be ready to face your friends with the DualSense charging station.

Dock up to two DualSense wireless controllers quickly and easily with the charging station’s click-in design. Your controllers charge as quickly as when connected to your PS5 console–so you can free up USB ports without sacrificing performance.

PULSE 3D Wireless Headset

How Games Were Made to Sound

Enjoy a seamless, wireless experience with a headset fine-tuned for 3D Audio on PS5 consoles. The PULSE 3D wireless headset features a refined design with dual noise-cancelling microphones, USB Type-C charging, and an array of easy-access controls.

Built for a new generation

• Fine-tuned for 3D Audio – The PULSE 3D wireless headset has been specifically tuned to deliver the 3D Audio made possible by the PlayStation 5 console. Powered by Tempest 3D AudioTech, the PS5 console can put you at the center of incredibly immersive soundscapes where it feels as if the sound comes from every direction.
  • Refined Design – Play in style with a sleek headset that perfectly complements the look of the PS5 console and features refined earpads and headband strap for added comfort.
Designed for Gamers

• Dual Hidden Microphones – Ensure you’re heard by your friends online2 with two built-in microphones, optimally positioned for crystal-clear voice capture and enhanced by noise-cancelling technology.
  • Easy-Access Controls – Adjust your set-up as you play with built-in mic mute, master volume and in-game audio to chat mix controls. Easily check how you sound to your teammates too with the dedicated mic monitoring button.
Take Your Adventures Further

• Wireless Adaptor – Enjoy up to 12 hours of wireless play thanks to the built-in rechargeable battery. Connect to PS5 and PS4 consoles as well as compatible Windows and macOS computers using the included adaptor.
  • 3.5mm Jack – Simply plug the headset into your PlayStation VR as well as mobile devices with the included 3.5mm jack audio cable3.
Media Remote

Entertainment at the Push of a Button

Conveniently navigate entertainment on your PlayStation 5 console with intuitive media and TV controls.

Explore a World of Entertainment

• Media Playback Controls – Quickly navigate media with built-in play/pause, fast forward and fast reverse buttons.
  • Seamless Console Compatibility – Power on your PS5 console and navigate its menus directly with the remote for ultimate convenience.
  • TV Settings – Adjust the volume and power settings of compatible TVs with the built-in IR transmitter2.
HD Camera

Put yourself at the center of your gameplay sharing with the HD camera for PS5.

Personalize Your Gameplay Sharing

Featuring dual lenses for 1080p capture and a built-in stand, the HD camera works seamlessly with the PS5 console’s background removal tools to put you in the spotlight.

Capture Unmissable Moments

• 1080p Capture – Capture yourself in smooth, sharp full-HD with the camera’s dual wide-angle lenses as you live out your most epic gaming moments. Quickly create a recording or a broadcast of yourself and your gameplay, with your DualSense wireless controller’s create button.
  • Built-In Stand – Get the perfect shot with the HD camera’s built-in adjustable stand. Its compact design allows it to be securely positioned above or below TVs – where you can fine-tune the angle to suit your set-up.
  • Background Removal Tools – Take center stage in your productions using the PlayStation 5 console’s built-in background removal tools. With the HD camera, you can add yourself to your gameplay videos while broadcasting in picture-in-picture mode, with the ability to crop the background or lose it completely with a green screen.

Gematsu

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
No vertical or horizontal stand? Maybe the one it comes with serves both purposes.

Free, but looks like you need some kind of adapter/dongle.

PlayStation®Camera adaptor
Connect your PlayStation®VR to your PS5 console to enjoy supported PS VR games. To set up your PS VR with your PS5 console you’ll need your PlayStation Camera* for PS4™ and a PlayStation Camera adaptor (no purchase necessary). More details on how to claim an adaptor will be shared on PlayStation.com when available.

I really hope they've improved their headsets. i had the gold headset and the mic was awful and sound quality wasnt that great either. i played fall guys last night with a buddy who has the gold headeset as well and sounds like the mic is the lowest quality mic i've ever heard.

Mista

Banned
I tried the PS4 headsets and didn’t like them at all. So I hope the Pulse is better

Last edited:
No vertical or horizontal stand? Maybe the one it comes with serves both purposes.

Connect your PlayStation®VR to your PS5 console to enjoy supported PS VR games. To set up your PS VR with your PS5 console you’ll need your PlayStation Camera* for PS4™ and a PlayStation Camera adaptor (no purchase necessary). More details on how to claim an adaptor will be shared on PlayStation.com when available.

It would be a waste of money to include an adapter in every box so I understand why they are doing this.

Saber

Gold Member
We need a back button attachment day one! Let's not wait 7 years. Missed chance in my opinion.

It was a fucking bummer I admit.

I was talking to my brother...maybe they are still trying to sold that seperadly as a way to not make people mad about it. Who knows, maybe if they risk putting n it, there might be some people who will not like.

_Spr_Drnk

Banned
We need a back button attachment day one! Let's not wait 7 years. Missed chance in my opinion.

Yep, bought one for my kid for his birthday, great accessory. Wish I'd got one for myself (only got myself a 2nd ps4 during lockdown after selling mine in 2017), scalper prices are ridiculous.

As with the PS4, I wish Sony was offering a full-featured media remote, similar to what they produced for the PS3. Hopefully, and again like with the PS4, a third party will be allowed to produce a more robust alternative and ideally get it to market sooner than what we saw for the current console generation.

Trogdor1123

The tv remote is really interesting as they have what appear to be short cut media buttons.

Looks like a few items I'll be grabbing when I buy my ps5: headset, media controller, controller, and controller cradle.

Mr Moose

Probably going to get the headset and maybe the camera if they aren't overpriced. Don't need the remote, will use my TVs remote for movies.

Grinchy

Banned
They should have listed one of their 75" 8K/120Hz HD TVs as a PS5 accessory.
And a warning that you have to buy 4 of the Dualsense controllers on launch day because PS5 games have to be played with PS5 controllers!

Vawn

Banned
And a warning that you have to buy 4 of the Dualsense controllers on launch day because PS5 games have to be played with PS5 controllers!

Like almost every other console ever released? They can either choose to add new features or they can support the old models. I'll take option 1 every time.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
I respect Sony perfecting the DualShock over the years going into the console war with the dual sense makes sense

SilentUser

Anyone know why we have 2 holes in the back of the DualSense?

Edit: noise cancelation, maybe?

Last edited:

CamHostage

Quick thoughts...

DualSense: A shame it doesn't have back buttons, as others have mentioned. I don't have one of those accessories, but I could see it being useful and convenient.
I like haptic stuff a lot though, and am eager that these features get used well and not just slapped on. (Ideally, Sony and Unreal/Unity will come up with libraries for common motions so that it's easier to design and implement physical sensations; Switch could use that too, as its haptics are phenomenal IMO when used well but not used well often yet.)

Charging Station: Makes sense, and USB-C should be less fiddling to get a controller docked, but it's reminding me how much I wish PS5 or Xbox SX controllers had wireless charging (or, at the very least, the charging pins that PSP had.) I know it sounds lazy, having that enormous burden of plugging in one cord, but once you go Qi, it's hard to go back. There are wireless charging add-ons for various controllers, and I may get one for my next-gen buy, but it would have been nice to be incorporated in.

PULSE 3D Wireless Headset: Looks comfy enough to me (I've been in the market for wireless headphones, so I guess I'll start here.)
The 3D Tempest Audio concept sounds great (though I assume it's mostly if not entirely about sourcing sound placement per objects and against the environment, something like the XSX spatial audio.) The Pulse 3D headset itself does not have motion sensors, so all of the audio sensing will still be in relation to the TV; it wouldn't make sense to turn your head and see what the hell just scared you in a horror game from behind, but if that was your instinct, the "3D sound" illusion would slip a bit (it doesn't matter in VR though, because the headset has the trackers and the audio just needs to follow the headset orientation.)
And again, I wish it had wireless charging, or maybe pins to hang it on a charging stand... wireless charging is just the way to go IMO.

Media Remote: No voice command features, huh? Every other media device is going in this direction (and it would be a nice replication of some of the "Xbox, On" Kinect features that were actually sort of useful elsewhere. (Voice might also make for a nice feature if the Media Remote ever was used as a secondary controller in like a Jackbox or SingStar game.)

Kinda odd that the PS5 camera won't work with VR also.
That gives me hope that PSVR2 will be inside out tracking or at least a better tracking option thanm PSVR1.
Thought that was weird too. The PS4 camera is 1280×800, so this capturing 1080p is at least a little better (4K webcams are still something like $200, so that wouldn't be a reasonable increase at this time,) but no sign of the multi-microphone array, and not a lot of adjustments for the sake of VR. It does, however, still have a dual-camera set-up (both wide-angle cameras,) so that must be for lightsource tracking of the Lightbar or Move or PSVR. I'm not sure where you are getting that PS5 camera "won't work with VR", did they say that somewhere else?

Last edited:

Esca

I just want the cradle. I'll pick up another controller when a special color comes out or custom wheels start coming out. I have a ps4 headset though I don't use it that often

Amiga

Camera details:

Background removal tools
Take center stage in your productions using the PlayStation®5 console’s built-in background removal tools.

With the HD camera, you can add yourself to your gameplay videos while broadcasting in picture-in-picture mode, with the ability to crop the background or lose it completely with a green screen.

magnumpy

how do I get this adapter dongle I'm not sure what its used for but it's apparently free I'll take two please

Top Bottom