• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Accessibility Options

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Nothing about disabling mandatory mic input via the controller. Seems like a weird omission although I imagine less than 1% of games will actually use it. Guess it's still their best excuse for not having the DS4 work for PS5 games.

Kuranghi

Nothing about disabling mandatory mic input via the controller. Seems like a weird omission although I imagine less than 1% of games will actually use it. Guess it's still their best excuse for not having the DS4 work for PS5 games.

Do you mean the "blowing into the mic" sort of stuff? If yes then John Linneman said in the latest DF video that you can disable it and it just skips that interaction. Example was blowing into the mic in the Astrobot pack-in.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Do you mean the "blowing into the mic" sort of stuff? If yes then John Linneman said in the latest DF video that you can disable it and it just skips that interaction. Example was blowing into the mic in the Astrobot pack-in.

Ahh okay, nice. So there really is no practical reason they couldn't allow DS4 to work on PS5 games, since literally every DualSense feature can be disabled for those games. I get why they're doing it from a business POV, but a lot of people here were shilling the whole "Sony is pushing the boundaries of innovation in interactive entertainment, they don't want you using dated technology" marketing bullshit. Apparently not, it's entirely optional.

Top Bottom