• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5’s Tempest Engine Is Hardware Accelerated, Will Be A Huge Boost To CPU – Hellpoint Dev

Hello-Yes-This-Is-Dog-Animated-Gif.gif

iUvEJMi.jpg

Jon Neu

Banned
The boost on the XsX CPU it’s going to be greater. You know why?

Because they aren’t trying to sell 3D audio as the next big thing so they can save all those hardware and software resources for more important stuff.

Tarkus98

Project acoustics:

Also hardware based.
Awesome. Its wonderful that both consoles will have a dedicated hardware based audio processor. Its more than overdue and i am looking forward to being able to enjoy crisp, clear 3D audio on both. Great news all around!

Awesome. Its wonderful that both consoles will have a dedicated hardware based audio processor. Its more than overdue and i am looking forward to being able to enjoy crisp, clear 3D audio on both. Great news all around!
Yep.

We must be the only ones looking forward to having incredible audio with incredible graphics.

So PS5 variable CPU & GPU is what now is it still 10 or is it 11 or is it 12 or is it 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 or 20 Teraflops lol which is it how big of a huge boost is it tell us.

Last edited:

jonnyp

Next week: Hellpoint dev claims talking out of their asses has made team communication an order of magnitude more efficient.

Seriously though, kinda sick of these guys chiming in but at least it's not as ridiculous as what they have previously been yapping about.

Last edited:
You mean like the Playstation fanboys constantly posting unverified spin articles to try to compensate for their measly 10.2 tflops?
Not to get into a console war here because your post is low effort, low quality console warring.

We have had numerous threads about an ex Sony developer (who by the way is no longer developing games) comment on PS5 vs Xbox Series X via twitter.
This same guy doesn't even have access to Xbox Series X or PS5 dev kits.

Hellpoint dev is actually making next gen games and has access to atleast one of the above devkits so the comments from this developer who is actually building next gen games with next gen hardware in their possession more than valid.

If you don't agree with this or the thread, don't post here. Its as simple as that.

chitzy

Banned
This user has been removed from thread. Low effort console war theatrics.
Not to get into a console war here because your post is low effort, low quality console warring.

We have had numerous threads about an ex Sony developer (who by the way is no longer developing games) comment on PS5 vs Xbox Series X via twitter.

Hellpoint dev is actually making next gen games and has access to atleast one of the above devkits so the comments from this developer who is actually building next gen games with next gen hardware in their possession more than valid.

If you don't agree with this or the thread, don't post here. Its as simple as that.
Yep, this post sure convinced me that PS5 stans aren't insecure at all about their 10.2

Pallas

Gold Member
So glad to hear from actual developers about next gen, I know Hellpoint devs are a team we can all trust and we should all be grateful for their Input.

His point still stands though. It was the same crap this gen with Xbox fanboys preaching about cloud and direct X shit.

Yep, this post sure convinced me that PS5 stans aren't insecure at all about their 10.2
Going by this post again you have no intention to discuss the topic at hand.

As such you have been reported to the mods.

So glad to hear from actual developers about next gen, I know Hellpoint devs are a team we can all trust and we should all be grateful for their Input.

His point still stands though. It was the same crap this gen with Xbox fanboys preaching about cloud and direct X shit.
He clearly has no intention to discuss the topic and his only aim is to troll and console war here. Its clear

I don't like to point fingers and go 'Oh but Xbox fanboys did this and that with DirectX etc.'
It's not tit for tat and should not be. We're not in kindergarten to resort to that kind of behaviour.
This extends to PS fans as well.

No need to derail a topic and troll. Discuss the matter at hand or don't post at all. Simple really.

Last edited:

Tarkus98

Yep.

We must be the only ones looking forward to having incredible audio with incredible graphics.
Kinda strange too considering how large a role the audio can play in getting one totally absorbed into the world that has been created.
Maybe its going to b one of those times when people don't realize how badly they missed something until its served up on a platter... or in this case a chip!

Kinda strange too considering how large a role the audio can play in getting one totally absorbed into the world that has been created.
Maybe its going to b one of those times when people don't realize how badly they missed something until its served up on a platter... or in this case a chip!
Atleast audio won't be an afterthought going into next gen. I don't have a high end home threatre setup to experience amazing audio so having Temptest trying to create that experience that immerses you fully into the game world is something everyone should look forward to regardless if its Xbox or PS.
I will wait until PS5 is out and get the best possible gaming headphones for it. My Arctis 7 headphones for my Pro i feel are underutilized.

Top Bottom