• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 save game issues on PS5

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
Apologies if this has been posted already. I searched but could not find this particular issue being discussed.

So I transferred a load of games from my PS4 to an external SSD, plugged in to my PS5. Booted up uncharted trilogy but could not find my saved data..... it is there on my PS5 internal storage but I’m running the game from my external drive. Hollow knight shows up as ok as it uses a save file slot....

but MW2 is showing up as if I’ve never played it. I’ve tried downloading the saves from psplus cloud but they are up to date on system storage. There’s an option to copy from system to USB storage but it is saying the drive is not connected when clearly it is...

I work in tech so this is a bit embarrassing but I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong.

TLDR - do you have to have the saved data and game in the same storage location and if so why can I not transfer to USB. I understand that PS5 games cannot do that yet but PS4 games should be able to.

Max_Po

Banned
You need to go to PS4 and transfer your saves to the HDD then connect the HDD to the PS5, go to Save Data Settings and move/copy them to PS5

if you have PS+ you can just manually upload them to Cloud and then download them to PS5....

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
You need to go to PS4 and transfer your saves to the HDD then connect the HDD to the PS5, go to Save Data Settings and move/copy them to PS5

if you have PS+ you can just manually upload them to Cloud and then download them to PS5....

yeah they are all on my PS5. Made sure to check that already as when I tried to redownload it said do you want to overwrite but they are the same date/file.

thanks for the replies

Top Bottom