• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Player Sets Record By Earning 50 Platinum Trophies in 20 Hours.

Shantae

Banned
29iage.jpg

Those 50 games be Platinumed were likely games that could be beaten within the Hour with easy Platinum Trophies on them.

It is not the Trophy System that is broken* Mr.Record Breaker, it is you who wanted to get your 15 minutes of fame by doing what anyone could have potentially done (and the one who holds the most Plats seems to get 30+ every single day). Not too sure getting Plats from games no one has heard of is necessarily a proud achievement.

*Although the Trophy System is flawed, any developer can add easy Platinums as the value of them depends on what we see them as. Harder games with Platinums are worth more than some random Indie game that no one has heard of.

Last edited:

rubhen925

While this achievement looks awesome at first glance. If you really look closely he repeated games that can be bought and stacked multiple times. Like a game like Himno which takes 20 min to platinum. But stacked a couple times.

Again it takes an enormous amount of will power to sit through some of those boring games to earn the trophies. But hey good for him i guess.

Kdad

While this achievement looks awesome at first glance. If you really look closely he repeated games that can be bought and stacked multiple times. Like a game like Himno which takes 20 min to platinum. But stacked a couple times.

Again it takes an enormous amount of will power to sit through some of those boring games to earn the trophies. But hey good for him i guess.

Yeah, just looked HIMNO since you mentioned it...95% of players get a plat on it. Its been a long time since I paid attention but what happened to plats being for full meal games at retail...when did mini games start getting platinums?

rubhen925

Yeah, just looked HIMNO since you mentioned it...95% of players get a plat on it. Its been a long time since I paid attention but what happened to plats being for full meal games at retail...when did mini games start getting platinums?

Look up Ratalaika games, a game publisher. They are infamous for selling mini games with a platinum on it. They do like 1 game release every week or two weeks. Usually 20 to 30 mins to plat. I've played a few myself so I'm not gonna bash them but after chasing my platinum for sekiro and getting bored of the grind to unlock all skills I stopped platinum hunting haha.

If i get another new platinum it will be for dmc5. Tired of the 10 to 15 min ones. I don't really see the challenge in them

What’s the point?

It’s quite nice to get trophies in a game you are enjoying, but what sort of weirdo just plays a game for the trophies?

I mean, unless you draw your sense of self esteem from PS4 trophies, but that would just be pitiful.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Not a single person gives a shit about the "exploitive/broken nature" of trophies. I love collecting them myself, but I go for games that are *actually fun to play*. Not low effort trash created specifically to raise my own Epeen. I just like seeing a cool little list of games I enjoyed 100% completed.

I once knew a community that got really pissy when you mentioned this to them. They would buy multiples of the worst game just so they can have multiple trophy lists completed for a game they don't even like. They would bitch endlessly about how terrible the game is, but they would still beat it 4 times over 100%.

Geki-D

Banned
The games:
  1. Attack of the Toy Tanks
  2. Himno
  3. Mekabolt
  4. Cybarian: The Time Traveling Warrior
  5. Zeroptian Invasion
  6. Iron Snout
  7. 36 Fragments of Midnight
  8. Gravity Duck
  9. Foxy Land
  10. Bouncy Bullets
  11. Mochi Mochi Boy
  12. Super Weekend Mode
  13. Daggerhood
  14. FullBlast
  15. Heroes Trials
  16. Inksplosion
  17. Jack N' Jill DX
  18. Metagal
  19. Midnight Deluxe
  20. Paradox Soul
  21. Super Destronaut DX
  22. Bouncy Bullets
  23. Deep Space Rush
  24. Bird Game+
  25. Peasant Knight
  26. Zeroptian Invasion
  27. Midnight Deluxe
  28. Attack of the Toy Tanks
  29. Super Weekend Mode
  30. Jack N' Jill DX
  31. Mekabolt
  32. Daggerhood
  33. FullBlast
  34. Heroes Trials
  35. Inksplosion
  36. Himno
  37. Metagal
  38. Foxy Land
  39. Gravity Duck
  40. Mochi Mochi Boy
  41. 36 Fragments of Midnight
  42. Iron Snout
  43. Super Destronaut DX
  44. Bird Game+
  45. Zeroptian Invasion
  46. Cybarian: The Time Traveling Warrior
  47. Attack of the Toy Tanks
  48. Daggerhood
  49. Peasant Knight
  50. Metagal
Gotta say, I don't think I've even heard of any of these.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
The last time I heard someone talk about “exploiting” achievements was a couple months after the 360 came out. I realize there’s people who care, but I also realize there’s a lot more people who don’t care at all.

You buy small games that include a Platinum and then say it’s broken? Buy a bunch of 20-30+ hour games and is it still broken? I don’t go achievement/trophy hunting. I actually turned off the Trophy notifications. It was silly, finish a level, earn an achievement. I could live without it. It’s cool, but I’m not rushing to get every trophy.

I’ll say this: I wouldn’t spend a dime on the game(s) he played.

Last edited:

GHG

Gold Member
When the gamification of playing games is more attractive than playing games for what they are...

What a time to be alive.

Azurro

Banned
Well, it'd be worth a look to see why there's so many easy platinum trophies and how Sony could tweak the system to disallow them on such easy games...or that's what I would say if anyone gave a fuck about getting Platinum trophies from easy games. :)

Mista

Banned
As he said nothing challenging but damn thats mad! As for me, I only work for a platinum in games I fall in love with.

hunthunt

Banned
I only platinumed Bloodborne.

Never cared about that stuff, I think that people seeking for those challenges are weird

xrnzaaas

My take on it is pretty simple - you earn platinums for yourself so you set all the rules and boundries. For me one of the rules is avoiding all games made specifically for super easy <30 minute platinum runs. In 99% of the cases the games are super shit anyway so nothing is lost.

Well, it'd be worth a look to see why there's so many easy platinum trophies and how Sony could tweak the system to disallow them on such easy games...or that's what I would say if anyone gave a fuck about getting Platinum trophies from easy games. :)
Sony doesn't give a flying fuck. There are bigger games still coming out without platinums and no one is trying to force the devs to include them.

Last edited:
I absolutely love the trophy system, and I end up getting more out of the games I buy because of it.

For example, I’ll play through RE2 again in a speed run just to see if I can get the trophy for it. Or right now I’m leveling all of my preppers in Death Stranding and loving it because the trophy sort of gives me a goal to do it.

But yeah, I’m only doing this for games I actually like playing :messenger_tears_of_joy:

People should be judged if they have My Name is Mayo on their permanent PSN record.

It's really not that hard anymore I mean some games have 6 different plats for the same game and some only take 10 20 mins so really platinums have lost there appeal to me

Hostile_18

Banned
I've got a fair few plats (around 30) but it's a love hate relationship.

I've got to play through the whole of the Witcher 3 again for one trophy and a 4th run through for Last of Us for collectables etc which makes it seem a bit too much.

Some games I nope of as well. Others are enjoyable experiences, usually those that don't have many missable ones (where you have to play the whole game again).

Top Bottom