• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Games that aren’t Backward Compatible on PS5 May Work Later

So I found this. Apparently the dev behind DWVR is looking to patch the game to make it work on PS5. That means there is still hope for Joe's Diner.

hemo memo

Gold Member
The developers who care about their game in the list will patch it to work on PS5. It is already a tiny list with niche titles.
  • DWVR
  • Afro Samurai 2 Revenge of Kuma Volume One
  • TT Isle of Man – Ride on the Edge 2
  • Just Deal With It!
  • Shadow Complex Remastered
  • Robinson: The Journey
  • We Sing
  • Hitman Go: Definitive Edition
  • Shadwen
  • Joe’s Diner

Last edited:

NeoGiffer

• Just Deal With It!

tenor.gif

yurinka

The developers who care about their game in the list will patch it to work on PS5. It is already a tiny list with niche titles.
  • DWVR
  • Afro Samurai 2 Revenge of Kuma Volume One
  • TT Isle of Man – Ride on the Edge 2
  • Just Deal With It!
  • Shadow Complex Remastered
  • Robinson: The Journey
  • We Sing
  • Hitman Go: Definitive Edition
  • Shadwen
  • Joe’s Diner
From here I only know Robinson, Shadow Complex and Hitman Go. Would be nice if they patch them to make them PS5 compatible.

RobRSG

In what way? You have only handful of games that won't work for one reason or another. Everything else will be fine.

No PS1 BC,
No PS2 BC,
No PS3 BC,
Paid enhancements,
Some games are even charged again to have improvements (Eg.: SpiderMan).

All in all it’s just a package of bad stuff, not only a handful of incompatible PS4 games.

No PS1 BC,
No PS2 BC,
No PS3 BC,

PSNow

Paid enhancements,

Yes some games with enhancements beyond basic backcompatibility have to be paid.
Because that caused some form of work and companys like to make money.
In that regard MS seems to have the upper hand due to automatic build in enhancements.

All in all it’s just a package of bad stuff, not only a handful of incompatible PS4 games.

"Bad stuff" is relative. It might not be as sophisticated as the MS apporach but still an improvement from older Sony gens.

Last edited:

Armorian

Banned
No PS1 BC,
No PS2 BC,
No PS3 BC,
Paid enhancements,

No BC with previous gens was a given, they could easily emulate PS1 and 2 on PS4 but they didn't for... some reason. PS3 would probably work on PS5 but... but I doubt it will be all games, RPCS3 shows how fucking heavy PS3 emulation is.

Xbox Series only has full BC with Xbox One, for Xbox 360:

There are 577 games that have been made backward compatible out of 2083 that have been released for Xbox 360.
and Xbox 1
There are currently 41 on this list out of 1001 released for the Xbox.

I can't defend paid enhancements :messenger_downcast_sweat:

LOL

Tmack

Seriously?

As a casual gamer all i need to know is that i`ll get some great ps4 titles that i haven`t played yet for free on launch date. That`s all that matters about bc for me.

Sony strategy is brilliant.

Last edited:

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
QA'ing all ~10,000 titles published on Playstation platforms since 1994 would be an immense task, taking literally years to accomplish!

theclaw135

Banned
QA'ing all ~10,000 titles published on Playstation platforms since 1994 would be an immense task, taking literally years to accomplish!

Even so, PS3 launched with PS1 (and initially PS2) emulation at zero cost. No fee to play discs you already own.

Last edited:

Ar¢tos

I don't know about this game, but I've been milfly dissappointed that Robinson : the journey won' t be playable on PS5. I never gone very far playing It on PS4 because the resolution was so low and the pop up so Big to male me feel Dizzy, and I was hoping that PS5 + SSD would somehow lessen the problem.
This is the only game I can care about in that list. At least all other VR games seem to work.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Even so, PS3 launched with PS1 (and initially PS2) emulation at zero cost. No fee to play discs you already own.

Because it literally contained the key components of those systems, it wasn't emulating much as it was a near complete hardware solution. The PS4/PS5 would need to fully emulate every aspect via software, which of course opens up a whole can of worms regarding compatibility and accuracy.

Top Bottom