• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 and PS5 same account sharing question

Too many answers online so I need to be sure..

I have a ps4 and a ps5 both with the same account. I want to give my ps4 to a friend and my question is, can I install some games I bought digitally, download and patch them up and let my friend play them offline on the ps4 while at the same time I can play my shit on ps5 online on the same account? He doesnt care about online or w/e, just wants to play them, no internet. Emphasis on the at the same time.

x

Last edited:

RoadHazard

Gold Member
No. If it's not set as your Primary console the digital games will be locked offline.

Isn't "primary console" only a thing with PS4? I don't think that concept exists with PS5?

Edit: I guess it still is a thing, but they don't call it that anymore. Anyway, I think you can have one primary PS5 and another primary PS4?

Last edited:

GuinGuin

Banned
Yes you can. You can have both a primary PS4 and a primary PS5 in your account. Your friend can have his own account on your PS4 and play your games in it.

I think this is right although I don't touch my PS4 much anymore.

The Shepard

Yes you can. You can have both a primary PS4 and a primary PS5 in your account. Your friend can have his own account on your PS4 and play your games in it.

Yes 100%. My bro has my main ps4 account on he's ps4 and I have my ps5 main on my ps5 and both work offline using my digital games, Zero problems.

The xbox is just one account between generations and the other console has to be always online for game sharing.

Last edited:
I do this with my nephew. The rub is the games have to be downloaded by your account onto the PS4 so my nephew can play them on his account. If they are local to the machine, any local user can play the games.

As for online play, I’ve never had an issue. He has his own PS+ subscription so he plays on his own account, not mine.

Too many answers online so I need to be sure..

I have a ps4 and a ps5 both with the same account. I want to give my ps4 to a friend and my question is, can I install some games I bought digitally, download and patch them up and let my friend play them offline on the ps4 while at the same time I can play my shit on ps5 online on the same account? He doesnt care about online or w/e, just wants to play them, no internet. Emphasis on the at the same time.

x
Yes you can

If you give him your primary PS4 he can have his own account and play every game in your library while using your PS4

If you give him a secondary PS4 then he can also play every game in your library but he would need to do so using your account . And yes you can log on with your PS4 and PS5 under the same account and play the same or different games

TimFL

This. My girlfriend took my old PS4 Pro with her and we routinely play different games simultaneously (her with my account on the PS4 Pro and me with my account on my PS5).

Aion002

I believe it's one primary per account which is how the PS Store knows where to install a game by default.
One primary per type of device.

1 ps5
1 ps4
1 vita

And if they didn't change:

2 Ps3
2 psp

You can have all these consoles activated at the same time on the account.

Last edited:

RaySoft

One primary per type of device.

1 ps5
1 ps4
1 vita

And if they didn't change:

2 Ps3
2 psp

You can have all these consoles activated at the same time on the account.
This..
Also, you will be signed out of your game if the other console starts a game that uses online functions. But that probably wont be a problem for you since the PS4 isn't logged on.

Top Bottom