• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Store on PS5 now lets you buy games even if you already own them through PS Plus or EA Play

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
You have 'bought' it, we payed Sony and they 'choose' the game, Sony gave money to Developer/publisher. I dont understand no free oppgrade, developers/publishers have been payed.
Some people simply want to have the game in their library. I absolutely see your point, but some people are different...

Tripolygon

Banned
You don't have an active PS Plus subscription. Of course you can buy the game, lol.
PS5
TNtaJg8.jpg

PS4
v6d6uxw.jpg

PC

mRjSUbk.png

And now I am on hold to cancel this PS+ subscription. Lmao

Last edited:

RCU005

Are you on PS5? You have to access the store page to see the option to buy it, it won't show up at the main screen.

Yes, on the PS5. When I go to the store, the games that I have only say installed or download. No buy option.

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
It's shameful that it's taking them so long to fix it. They either have incompetent staff or are being greedy and wanting people to resub to PS+.

ManaByte

It's shameful that it's taking them so long to fix it. They either have incompetent staff or are being greedy and wanting people to resub to PS+.

I always assumed it was to keep you subscribed to PS+. Companies hate "churn" (looks bad on reports to shareholders) and will do anything to reduce it.

FranXico

It's actually the opposite, it makes people want the subscription to expire so they can actually choose and buy the games they want. LOL

I agree that it should have always been an option but I'd imagine that it was largely down to their legacy systems.
To be fair, none of the console stores are quite what they should be as there are still issues with buying some legacy games on the Series X in that you can select a game on the console but then it tells you that it's not available and that you need to buy it via the website. That's been there since the start of the last generation and it is stupid to have games listed on the console which takes you to a page that tells you to just buy it on the web store.
I would assume that was down to legacy systems too, hopefully they'll all end up where they should be at some point but there's always going where they spend their time and money, particularly on legacy systems that may not be perfect but they sort of be OK.

MaKTaiL

PS5
TNtaJg8.jpg

PS4
v6d6uxw.jpg

PC

mRjSUbk.png

And now I am on hold to cancel this PS+ subscription. Lmao
Something is completely off with your pictures. You shouldn't see an option to buy the game on the webstore, only download it. I think you are either showing off two different accounts, one with PS Plus and another without or your Plus subscription is really expired. That's the only explanation.

Ey2ZXXH.png

rkofan87

Gold Member
It just said that you owned it already.

Honestly, pretty niche situation that you own the game and can beat it for free but still want to pay more money for it. I guess some people want to.
some of us want the game even if we do not have ps+ anymore

Last edited:

Tripolygon

Banned
Something is completely off with your pictures. You shouldn't see an option to buy the game on the webstore, only download it. I think you are either showing off two different accounts, one with PS Plus and another without or your Plus subscription is really expired. That's the only explanation.
Its not two different accounts. It is one account, the only other account I have is a Japanese account which I haven't signed into in over 10 years.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Seriously?

PS5 Library. I would screenshot PS4 too but too lazy to go turn it on now. Same applies to PS Now games as well.

eY7Aggx.jpg

PC PS Store, yes I can add it to my Cart and purchase it but I don't want to double dip as I own it already on PC.

Q70VeYf.png

Yeah, they did actually change this befor the PS5 launched although for some reason it didn't happen with all games. Perhaps they've had to change them all manually and it's just now that some people have started to notice.
Yeah this did happen before the PS5 launched.

Will agree with those saying its about time tho.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
That's good. I know people who use Gamepass as a "try before you buy" system and will buy the games they enjoy. Good to see Sony doing the same.

Although I'm all about streaming and subs, I don't think we should be taking options away from people who prefer to buy their games.

Top Bottom