• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Plus Essential Games (August 2022) - Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 + 2 (PS5 / PS4), Yakuza: Like a Dragon (PS5 / PS4), Little Nightmares (PS4)

Fredrik

PS Plus is killing it. Despite no day one first party releases, the service still gives great value for consumers.
I’ve been feasting nonstop since the service started.

The trick is to not get lured to buy a game day 1, just stay calm and go through the back log, a great game will still be just as great a year later. Everything 1st party from 2020 and 2021 is up in the game catalogue now. My #2 this year so far is Miles Morales. 👌

SteadyEvo

Wish I could erase Like a Dragon from my memory and replay it. Good game. Last time I played Tony hawk was on Dreamcast. Fond memories.

DaGwaphics

Well they already have Yakuza on there, and they bought Activision so THPS is coming. Little Nightmares is not a huge game.

I wasn't talking GP, that they do great with. It was a PS+ Essentials vs. GwG comparison. Very true that we are going to be loaded down on GP once all the new studios start to get things out.

Lokaum D+

all yakuza games

Will Ferrell Reaction GIF

Last edited:

Kuranghi

Nice, I bought Mildly Terrifying Slack-Skinned-Skull Old Man Skater 1+2 on EGS but I couldn't be fucked messing with the settings to get it running at locked 60fps in every level and just dropping to 1440p to brute force it looked vaseliney, I think console is the way to play this game if you have a 4K display/older GPU and don't want to tweak on PC.

Maybe the Dualsense stuff our man GymWolf GymWolf loves so well will help the console version feel better too.

GymWolf

Nice, I bought Mildly Terrifying Slack-Skinned-Skull Old Man Skater 1+2 on EGS but I couldn't be fucked messing with the settings to get it running at locked 60fps in every level and just dropping to 1440p to brute force it looked vaseliney, I think console is the way to play this game if you have a 4K display/older GPU and don't want to tweak on PC.

Maybe the Dualsense stuff our man GymWolf GymWolf loves so well will help the console version feel better too.
Yo mama is so fat that when she play with a dualsense, drinking diet coke make absolutely no sense.

Jesus am i a fucking poet or what?

Last edited:

Kuranghi

Yo mama is so fat that when she play with a dual sense drinking diet coke make no sense.

Sorry Gymmy, I didn't mean to summon you for a pointless joke, it autocompleted without me noticing 😬 please forgive me and also PM me with details of your legendary Italian sex secrets. I can reciprocate with my Scottish man knowledge of how to be a cheeky bastard and make all women laugh at your jokes.

What? Now that Extra and Premium are a thing, instead of making Essential worse they made it... better? Pretty good month.
They still want new subscribers.
The extra tiers is more for the already subscribed to PSPlus but they stil need to attract a new audience. I think that's the point for this.

GymWolf

Sorry Gymmy, I didn't mean to summon you for a pointless joke, it autocompleted without me noticing 😬 please forgive me and also PM me with details of your legendary Italian sex secrets. I can reciprocate with my Scottish man knowledge of how to be a cheeky bastard and make all women laugh at your jokes.
Your T9 has good taste.

Aenima

Thats gotta be the best month so far this year. Just Yakuza 7 with all its mini games, can offer hours and hours of entertainment. Already own it, but will add the other 2 games to my library.

scydrex

I have the first 3 Yakuza. The 3, 4 and 5 no... only premium god dammit... well those are $20 right now in Amazon someday will buy it.

Top Bottom