• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Plus Essential Games (August 2022) - Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 + 2 (PS5 / PS4), Yakuza: Like a Dragon (PS5 / PS4), Little Nightmares (PS4)

Banjo64

cumsessed
As per, fantastic source, not been wrong in over 2 years now;

Tony Hawk's™ Pro Skater™ 1 + 2

Drop back in with the most iconic skateboarding games ever made. Play Tony Hawk’s™ Pro Skater™ & Tony Hawk’s™ Pro Skater™ 2 in one epic collection, rebuilt from the ground up in incredible HD. All the pro skaters, levels and tricks are back and fully-remastered, plus more.

3972810_1.jpg

Yakuza: Like a Dragon (PS5 / PS4)

Ichiban Kasuga, a low-ranking grunt of a low-ranking yakuza family in Tokyo, faces an 18-year prison sentence after taking the fall for a crime he didn't commit. Never losing faith, he loyally serves his time and returns to society to discover that no one was waiting for him on the outside, and his clan has been destroyed by the man he respected most.

Confused and alone, he embarks on a mission to discover the truth behind his family's betrayal and take his life back, becoming an unlikely hero for the city’s outcasts on his journey.

3972810_1.jpg

Little Nightmares (PS4)

Immerse yourself in Little Nightmares, a dark whimsical tale that will confront you with your childhood fears! Help Six escape The Maw – a vast, mysterious vessel inhabited by corrupted souls looking for their next meal. As you progress on your journey, explore the most disturbing dollhouse offering a prison to escape from and a playground full of secrets to discover. Reconnect with your inner child to unleash your imagination and find the way out!

3972810_1.jpg

anthony2690

Banned
3 excellent games there, I literally just finished little nightmares and it's expansions on Xbox this morning, I quite I enjoyed the game and purchased the sequel now, what I'll get round too, going to do Digimon Survive first.

Love Yakuza LAD, finished it 100% minus the final dungeon a second time, as I don't want spend a silly amount of hours grinding, but absolutely loved this game, hopefully this brings in more fans to the Yakuza series.

Thps1+2 remake was a master class remake imo.

Great month for ps+ users, that haven't already played these titles.

Last edited:

Paasei

Holy shit if true. Finally Tony Hawk. Been playing the old school games since I got the Deck, but now I can finally play this one.

engstra

That's a great lineup. Kind of regret buying Tony Hawk like a year ago now since I have barely put any time into it. Little Nightmares is really good, though it has one of the most brutal achievements I've come across. Was not able to platinum it.

Mikey Jr.

How "scary" is little nightmares?

Horror games are not my genre at all. I'll never play silent hill or amnesia, but I'll tolerate last of us.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Good games, but the only one I haven't played is Yakuza (any of them). Can you play this one without having played the ones that came before?

Little Nightmares is good, but not as good as Inside.

How "scary" is little nightmares?

Horror games are not my genre at all. I'll never play silent hill or amnesia, but I'll tolerate last of us.

It's more "cute scary". There are some grotesque characters that will try to get you etc, but nothing like those games you mention.

Last edited:
Damn, great month. I’ve been holding off on buying Tony Hawks pro skater because Activision sale prices are usually garbage, so I’m pretty excited about this.

ToadMan

Even though I already have Tony Hawk and LAD this is still a great lineup for the month.

And Little Nightmares is seemingly worth a look so I’ll get that too.

skit_data

Very good month, too bad I already own THPS 1+2 and Little Nightmares. Really happy about Yakuza Like a Dragon though, I have been eyeing it for a while and I see a lot of people praising it!

How is Tony Hawk for someone who hates games with no progress/campaign/ending?
There's some minimal collectibles and plenty of stages to play. Some objectives if I remember correctly.

Then you can try to chase high scores. Shines with other people around to pass the controller around and try to top scores. It's a classic.

KrisB

Great month! Already own them but glad this means more people can get Yakuza.
I was a bit unsure about them transitioning to a different battle system in Like a Dragon but I think they nailed it and it worked well.

8BiTw0LF

Banned
Even after releasing their extra and premium subs, Sony just keeps releasing great games on essential.

Best deal in gaming.

Cat Deal With It GIF

Top Bottom