• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS+ on PS5, how will it work?

NinjaBoiX

So I’m a Plus subscriber and have been for years, but I’m not planning on buying a PS5 for a while. But I’d hate to be missing out on building a library of + games just because I don’t own the actual console yet.

How do you think it’ll work? Will we be able to add them to library from PS4 like you can with Vita/PS3/etc, or will the PS5 stuff be tied to the PS5 store?

I guess I could ask a friend to log into my account monthly to snag the free stuff if needs be.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
So I’m a Plus subscriber and have been for years, but I’m not planning on buying a PS5 for a while. But I’d hate to be missing out on building a library of + games just because I don’t own the actual console yet.

How do you think it’ll work? Will we be able to add them to library from PS4 like you can with Vita/PS3/etc, or will the PS5 stuff be tied to the PS5 store?

I guess I could ask a friend to log into my account monthly to snag the free stuff if needs be.

Just download the PS App to your phone, and add them to your library when they hit.

N30RYU

Also... if you have a friend that have a PS5... if you go to his home, you can put your account on his PS5, redeem all the PS+ Instant Collection games, delete the account... and then you will be able to download the games on the PS4 from your library

Last edited:

NinjaBoiX

Of course, there’s a web store and app, I forgot about that!
Also... if you have a friend that have a PS5... if you go to his home, you can put your account on his PS5, redeem all the PS+ Instant Collection games, delete the account... and then you will be able to download the games on the PS4 from your library
Oh yeah, this too!

N30RYU

Link? The web store doesn't let you add to library.
I redeemed mine from the EU web store... along with Astro's playroom
35s1zZr.png

Outrunner

You can add them via the new PS App

Codeblew

All you have to do is claim it and it goes to your library. You can download it at any time after that if you still have PS+. Like others have mentioned, I already have Bugsnax and a few skins for Sackboy.

kyussman

Yea,I can confirm I just added Bugsnax to my library from the UK PlayStation store,didn't need to use the phone app.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital

I'm pretty sure it'll work exactly the same as it did before.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
All you have to do is claim it and it goes to your library. You can download it at any time after that if you still have PS+. Like others have mentioned, I already have Bugsnax and a few skins for Sackboy.

Can I ask what you mean by 'claim it'. I've always known there's any easier way but the way I did it was to start the download and then cancel it. Is there an easier way?

Outrunner

So would I be able to claim stuff from the PS+ Collection thingy on PS5 through the app as well?

Yes. Just add to your library, when you have the console you can download them as long as your subscription is active.

Last edited:
Wow didn't really expect that from Sony. That's actually pretty nice for people not able to get it yet or just wanna wait.
Why wouldn't they do it? Because in this case, they just care that you maintain your subscription. Whether you have a PS5 to play it on is not important. In fact they would rather you get a PS5 game in advance, in order to encourage you to stay in the ecosystem even if you don't upgrade straight away.

It isn't about making ALL the money. It is about being efficient. It is NOT "consumer friendly", though; it is just being a smart buisness decision that works out well for both sides. Like making free to play games not needing PS+.

I still can't believe MS is still forcing free-to-play to need Gold. Not even Nintendo is that stubborn.

Codeblew

Can I ask what you mean by 'claim it'. I've always known there's any easier way but the way I did it was to start the download and then cancel it. Is there an easier way?
You just have to check it out which puts it in your library. Once it is in your library, you can download and play it at any time as long as you still have an active PS+ account.

Top Bottom