• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS fan bought an Xbox Series S! Help needed.

There is one advice: Halo MC Collection, 4, and Halo 5.

EA Play (if you haven't already played them: Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare (whichever))

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Give TABS(Totally Accurate Battle Simulator) a try if you haven't. It's hilarious, addictive fun. Ori 2 has been mentioned, but I'll do it again. Gears Tactics is a rock-solid XCOM style game. Sea of Thieves is GaaS, so it's getting new updates all the time. Since launch it's actually become quite the good game and if you have friends on Xbox or PC it's hours of swashbuckling fun.

P.S.- Welcome to the club!
giphy.gif

Last edited:

cireza

Banned
Gamepass includes a ton of amazing games.

A Plague Tale is an excellent narrative third person game.
Bloodstained if you want some Castlevania.
Dead Cells is an awesome 2D action platformer as well.
Doom Eternal for FPS.
Final Fantasy XV is available it seems, favorite RPG this gen.
Lonely Mountain Downhills is an excellent arcade game.
Momodora is a lovely Metroidvania.
New Super Lucky's Tale is a nice 3D platformer, not too long, not too difficult.
Nier Automata, one of the best games of this gen.
Outer Wilds is one of the best games I ever played, period. A masterpiece.
Recore is a great 3D action shooter, awesome game.
Streets of Rage 4, for some good action.
The Touryst is a very fun game, not too long, give it a try.
Xeno Crisis, awesome MegaDrive shooter.

These are some of my personal picks. The value of Game Pass is absurdly high.

Last edited:

Bryank75

Banned
Hey there!

TL;DR: PS fan that the last time he played on an Xbox it was on 360. Got a Series S and is clueless.

Today I went to the mall to buy some stuff and while walking in a store I saw the Xbox Series S... So I thought to myself: maybe they also have a ps5 and sx and since I am here, let's go check it out!

Unfortunately they didn't have and my heart was stronger than my wallet so I bought the SS anyway.

Yep! I completely impulse bought a 2800 brazilian reals (roughly 520 usd... Yay Brazil!) Xbox Series S.

So I just got home and got that Game Pass deal (1 dollar for a month), the console seems to be quite nice and the game pass library is impressive. I am downloading some games right now: Gears 5, Forza Horizon 4 and State of Decay 3.

This choice made me delay my ps5 acquisition.... But eh... I can wait... I hope.

As a PlayStation user, Gamepass seems awesome and worth the system, also a PlayStation fan with zero knowledge on Xbox post 360, which games should I try and how do I put this thing on rest mode?

Thank you for the attention.
Nobody can help you now.

Aion002

I think this might help?

It's new video, btw.

That Downhill game seems awesome. Thank you for sharing the video!

After picking some games my download list is this:

WRqmXf6.jpg

I played Ace Combat 7(it was fine), Gears Tactics (a little boring), Forza Horizon 4 (amazing), Gears 5 (really good) and No Man's Sky (seems interesting).

Using game pass so far brought me a nostalgic feeling, like when I was young and would go to movies and games rental stores... So many things to try out. A
Also, an interesting thing occurred: I just saw that Dark Souls Remastered is on sale, without game pass I would have bought it (for the third time) instantly... But now I am wondering if I will have time to play it.

Game Pass really changes some gaming mentality...

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion

WRqmXf6.jpg

I played Ace Combat 7(it was fine), Gears Tactics (a little boring), Forza Horizon 4 (amazing), Gears 5 (really good) and No Man's Sky (seems interesting).

Using game pass so far brought me a nostalgic feeling, like when I was young and would go to movies and games rental stores... So many things to try out. A
Also, an interesting thing occurred: I just saw that Dark Souls Remastered is on sale, without game pass I would have bought it (for the third time) instantly... But now I am wondering if I will have time to play it.

It does, that's why it's mentioned here so much. Fallen Order is really good, if you have not play Titanfall 2 it's now on GP, also Mirror's Edge which presumable running at 1440p on S (4k on One X and XSX)...first one I mean. It's still crazy good looking game. Oh and try Observation, also on GP.

FrankWza

All jokes aside, I would get the extended warranty. That thing is going to be discontinued in 2 years or less. Does a warranty cover obsolescence of its on the manufacturer end?

Aion002

All jokes aside, I would get the extended warranty. That thing is going to be discontinued in 2 years or less. Does a warranty cover obsolescence of its on the manufacturer end?
I don't think that's how warranty works in any part of the world... But still, I doubt that MS would drop the support for it in less than 4 years... That's not how things work...

I feel that the hate for this console is weirdly strong from some.

This is my second day with it and it did not try to kill me yet. The Series S is fine. :messenger_winking_tongue:

FrankWza

I don't think that's how warranty works in any part of the world... But still, I doubt that MS would drop the support for it in less than 4 years... That's not how things work...

This is my second day with it and it did not try to kill me yet. The Series S is fine. :messenger_winking_tongue:
Depends on the warranty. Some extended warranties could. You’d have to shop around and look at the fine print. Get yourself a 5 year warranty and you’re covered either way. They may let you upgrade to the x or the mid gen console at that point. There’s not a lot of precedent for a lesser console releasing “day and date” with a main console from the same manufacturer. Don’t be a test subject. Protect yourself.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!

A. No it wont.
B. Thats not why you get a warranty.

You will be fine. Support will be there.

FrankWza

A. No it wont.
B. Thats not why you get a warranty.

You will be fine. Support will be there.

what do you have to base this on? There’s no precedent for a lesser console being released the same day as a main console. You have no idea if it will or it won’t be around. Especially after the mid-gen refresh. Traditionally a warranty is to cover failure, but a store warranty may encompass more coverage.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
what do you have to base this on? There’s no precedent for a lesser console being released the same day as a main console. You have no idea if it will or it won’t be around. Especially after the mid-gen refresh. Traditionally a warranty is to cover failure, but a store warranty may encompass more coverage.

Talking with developers who have actually worked on the machine and seeing documentation from Microsoft about their plans with Series S.

I will take a ban bet the Series S will be here in 2 years.

Edited for Grammar.

Last edited:

phil_t98

#SonyToo
funny all these posts against the poster buying an xbox, when you look in all other threads and they claim to have an xbox to when they compare having the same game on both xbox and playstation lol

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!

WRqmXf6.jpg

I enjoyed Gaot Roboto more than I thought I would. Its a short game too so you can finish in an afternoon.

Tetris Effect connected is sublime. If you have a nice surround sound crank it. If not try it with headphones.

FrankWza

Talking with developers who have actually worked on the machine and seeing documentation from Microsoft about their plans with Series S.

I will take a ban bet the Series S will be here in 2 years.

Who? Which documentation? There’s documentation saying we’ll be supporting this until 20xx? It’s still going to be supported by the mid gen refresh?

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Who? Which documentation? There’s documentation saying we’ll be supporting this until 20xx? It’s still going to be supported by the mid gen refresh?

Thats not what this thread is about, there is already a thread about Series S (Lockhart) info that I shared. If you want to dicuss it I would suggest going to that thread.

If you are so confident, take the ban bet. We can talk about it in Meta.

FrankWza

Thats not what this thread is about, there is already a thread about Series S (Lockhart) info that I shared. If you want to dicuss it I would suggest going to that thread.

If you are so confident, take the ban bet. We can talk about it in Meta.
I’m not that interested to go searching. You said it and waved your credentials around. But I’m saying mid gen refresh. I don’t know when that’s gonna be. Maybe 2 years maybe 3 maybe 4. There’s nothing wrong with protection from failure. Hardware or corporate. The series x is losing head to heads left and right. They might need to add more flops sooner rather than later. I’d hate to lose on a technicality. Plus, if you can’t post here you’re gonna have to buy a PS5. You’ll need something to do ;). I’m cold but not ruthless.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
I’m not that interested to go searching. You said it and waved your credentials around. But I’m saying mid gen refresh. I don’t know when that’s gonna be. Maybe 2 years maybe 3 maybe 4. There’s nothing wrong with protection from failure. Hardware or corporate. The series x is losing head to heads left and right. They might need to add more flops sooner rather than later. I’d hate to lose on a technicality. Plus, if you can’t post here you’re gonna have to buy a PS5. You’ll need something to do ;). I’m cold but not ruthless.

Im not waving any credentials around. You are the one making these claims that something will be discontinued in 2 years based off of nothing but you own hunch and trying to inform someone to make a decision based off this hunch as if it has any type of credibility. I pointed to that thread as it has verified info from a mod about the Series S that became 100 percent true. SO yes, my word holds more weight than yours at this point.

And your story is changing. You started out by saying the thing will be discontinued in 2 years. Now you are walking it back trying to say well what I meant was mid gen refresh.

Who cares if the Series X is losing head to heads? Has nothing to do with the series S. Which is what this thread is about.

It wont be a technicality. If you are so confident the Series S will be discontinued in 2 years as you claimed and are trying to influence others based on this hunch then make the bet. If not then move on and stop trying to push your narrative.

Last edited:

FrankWza

Im not waving any credentials around. You are the one making these claims that something will be discontinued in 2 years based off of nothing but you own hunch and trying to inform someone to make a decision based off this hunch as if it has any type of credibility. I pointed to that thread as it has verified info from a mod about the Series S that became 100 percent true. SO yes, my word holds more weight than yours at this point.

And your story is changing. You started out by saying the thing will be discontinued in 2 years. Now you are walking it back trying to say well what I meant was mid gen refresh.

Who cares if the Series X is losing head to heads? Has nothing to do with the series S. Which is what this thread is about.

It wont be a technicality. If you are so confident the Series S will be discontinued in 2 years as you claimed and are trying to influence others based on this hunch then make the bet. If not then move on and stop trying to push your narrative.
So you were bean shooting? Because you made it sound like you were having a chat with some board members and then you went for a night on the town. I’m not telling him to make any decisions. I was telling him to protect his purchase if possible because the likelihood of them supporting 4 consoles is not good. I don’t know when that’s it going to be. Could be 2 years, could be 4. I don’t know how long they’d keep feeding a gimpednhorse before sending it to the glue factory. You’re the one changing the story. A minute ago you were thumbing through documents marked confidential, now it’s forum speak.

Top Bottom