• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS fan bought an Xbox Series S! Help needed.

Aion002

Hey there!

TL;DR: PS fan that the last time he played on an Xbox it was on 360. Got a Series S and is clueless.

Today I went to the mall to buy some stuff and while walking in a store I saw the Xbox Series S... So I thought to myself: maybe they also have a ps5 and sx and since I am here, let's go check it out!

Unfortunately they didn't have and my heart was stronger than my wallet so I bought the SS anyway.

Yep! I completely impulse bought a 2800 brazilian reals (roughly 520 usd... Yay Brazil!) Xbox Series S.

So I just got home and got that Game Pass deal (1 dollar for a month), the console seems to be quite nice and the game pass library is impressive. I am downloading some games right now: Gears 5, Forza Horizon 4 and State of Decay 3.

This choice made me delay my ps5 acquisition.... But eh... I can wait... I hope.

As a PlayStation user, Gamepass seems awesome and worth the system, also a PlayStation fan with zero knowledge on Xbox post 360, which games should I try and how do I put this thing on rest mode?

Thank you for the attention.

Last edited:

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
In the settings there is a power option for energy saver or instant on. Instant on is your rest mode. If that setting is on no matter how you turn off the console, minus the full shutdown option thats in the settings you have to dig for, it will be in rest mode.

The only help you'll need is when I put a bullet in you, traitor!
L3IzzxG.jpg

Last edited:

Aion002

In the settings there is a power option for energy saver or instant on. Instant on is your rest mode. If that setting is on no matter how you turn off the console, minus the full shutdown option thats in the settings you have to dig for, it will be in rest mode.
Oh I see. Thanks! Does it works like the Ps4 and dowloads games while on rest mode too?

Guilty_AI

Oh, and another thing. If i'm not mistaken you can play Xbox games with PC players, so if you have some friend that own FH4, Gears 5, etc. on PC, you could try playing with them

Aion002

Cool! Thanks again.

The only help you'll get is when I put a bullet in you, traitor!
L3IzzxG.jpg

Don't be mean Senpai, my heart will always be blue.

Gears 4 and 5 were both awesome, and arguably among the best of the generation
Forza Horizon 4 is imho the most fun racing game ever
Ori games are cool and very pretty if you're into Metroidvania
Oh yes Ori, thanks reminding me of it. It seems quite cool!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
What kind of games do you like OP?

If you had a PS4 there will obviously be some crossover when looking at the Xbox One game library / multiplats.

nowhat

TL;DR: PS fan that the last time he played on an Xbox it was on 360. Got a Series S and is clueless.
So, what you need to do is take a packet of salt, and do a full circle right around you. Then you need to do a pentagram with that salt, with the tips of the pentagram touching the circle (you might feel you'd need a measuring tape for this, but it's not so specific really). Then you need to light a candle on each of the tips of the pentagram, stand at the very center, and recite three times "Lord Cerny, I shall not fail you again".

After that, you should be fine.

Guilty_AI

Seems like Deep Rock Galactic is also available on gamepass. Trust me this game is totally worth it, especially in coop mode.

Another game i'd recommend is Crosscode. Its not a Xbox only game but not many people would try this sorta of game without gamepass, so you could give it a try.

Last edited:

Aion002

What kind of games do you like OP?

If you had a PS4 there will obviously be some crossover when looking at the Xbox One game library / multiplats.

I play mostly everything minus sports games. My favorites are tps and souls like games though.

Damnn game pass has Destiny 2 latest expansion... This is impressive.

Oh, and Killer Instinct is really fun even if you just play it super casually with friends
Oh yeah I forgot about it.

Looking at game pass I can't find Halo 4. Is it included on the MC collection?

Seems like Deep Rock Galactic is also available on gamepass. Trust me this game is totally worth it, especially in coop mode.

Another game i'd recommend is Crosscode. Its not a Xbox only game but not many people would try this sorta of game without gamepass, so you could give it a try.
Cool I will check it out.

Thanks everybody!

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I play mostly everything minus sports games. My favorites are tps and souls like games though.
If you haven't played Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order, I'd recommend it and it's recently come to Game Pass and it's a pretty good blend of both of those genres (especially on the harder difficulties).

Aion002

If you haven't played Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order, I'd recommend it and it's recently come to Game Pass and it's a pretty good blend of both of those genres (especially on the harder difficulties).

Awesome, I was going to get on Ps4. Good to know! Thank you.

teezzy

Banned
Looking at game pass I can't find Halo 4. Is it included on the MC collection?

I own MCC on Steam, and they've recently added it there, so I can only assume - yes.

Awesome, I was going to get on Ps4. Good to know! Thank you.

Jedi Fallen Order is a blast, even if there's some absolute jank to it.

You're definitely gonna wanna throw the most powerful rig you have at it for performance reasons alone

Congrats OP.

I wanted that console too. Happy I came to my senses and realized just what a piece of shit it really is but don't let that put you off.

Happy gaming.

Plantoid

Ei cara, sou BR tbm, tenta aí gonner, eh um jogo indie mto psicodélico, bem difícil

Gamepass eh uma maravilha pra nós não eh não?

-Arcadia-

Banned
Play lots of GamePass (tons of great games, including some X/S enhanced games, to put your new system to work). DL/put in your old 360 or Xbox games that made the cut, with improvements (Res, HDR, sharper textures). Check out some fun new games like Dirt 5, or CoD.

And take pictures for this thread, because I love the design, lol.

OrtizTwelve

Hey there!

Today I went to the mall to buy some stuff and while walking in a store I saw the Xbox Series S... So I thought to myself: maybe they also have a ps5 and sx and since I am here, let's go check it out!

Unfortunately they didn't have and my heart was stronger than my wallet so I bought the SS anyway.

Yep! I completely impulse bought a 2800 brazilian reals (roughly 520 usd... Yay Brazil!) Xbox Series S.

So I just got home and got that Game Pass deal (1 dollar for a month), the console seems to be quite nice and the game pass library is impressive. I am downloading some games right now: Gears 5, Forza Horizon 4 and State of Decay 3.

This choice made me delay my ps5 acquisition.... But eh... I can wait... I hope.

As a PlayStation user, Gamepass seems awesome and worth the system, also a PlayStation fan with zero knowledge on Xbox post 360, which games should I try and how do I put this thing on rest mode?

Bom dia amigo. Eu falo portugues, minha esposa e brasilera.

Anyways, I also have a Series S, I quite like it.

Good idea on Game Pass, for the price and the selection, along with guaranteed day 1 access to Microsoft Studios titles, it's probably the best value in gaming now.

I recommend check out Gears Ultimate Edition and Master Chief Collection, both are on Game Pass. Also, not sure if Brazil gets EA Play with Game Pass included but I would check out Jedi Fallen Order, FIFA, etc.

lock2k

Banned
Hey there!

Would love to have that impulse money, you're doing good in life! lol :D

lock2k

Banned
Serious question now...

Você tem uma TV 4K? Se tem, fica legal nela a imagem? Essa é minha principal dúvida em relação ao series s.

Aion002

Bom dia amigo. Eu falo portugues, minha esposa e brasilera.

Anyways, I also have a Series S, I quite like it.

Good idea on Game Pass, for the price and the selection, along with guaranteed day 1 access to Microsoft Studios titles, it's probably the best value in gaming now.

I recommend check out Gears Ultimate Edition and Master Chief Collection, both are on Game Pass. Also, not sure if Brazil gets EA Play with Game Pass included but I would check out Jedi Fallen Order, FIFA, etc.
Obrigado.

Yes, they’re included here. I will try Fallen Order out, thanks.

Would love to have that impulse money, you're doing good in life! lol :D
I am single, so this gives me some leverage for this type of impulse... Yet, at the end of the month my bank account will make me suffer. :messenger_anxious:

Last edited:

lock2k

Banned
Obrigado.

Yes, they’re included here. I will try Fallen Order out, thanks.

I am single, so this gives me some leverage for this type of impulse... Yet, at the end of the month my bank account will make me suffer. :messenger_anxious:
Pô, mas da hora, parabéns na aquisição, aproveita bem aí o catálogo do Gamepass :) e me dá um toque se fica legal na TV 4K.

Aion002

Serious question now...

Você tem uma TV 4K? Se tem, fica legal nela a imagem? Essa é minha principal dúvida em relação ao series s.
Pô, mas da hora, parabéns na aquisição, aproveita bem aí o catálogo do Gamepass :) e me dá um toque se fica legal na TV 4K.

Unfortunately my TV is 1080p only, one of the reasons that motivated the SS, if I was able to get a Ps5 I would be truly screwed.

Nessa situação econômica se eu comprar uma 4k o povo me interna. :messenger_fearful:

lock2k

Banned
Unfortunately my TV is 1080p only, one of the reasons that motivated the SS, if I was able to get a Ps5 I would be truly screwed.

Nessa situação econômica se eu comprar uma 4k o povo me interna. :messenger_fearful:

Oh ok, I only have an 1080p one. I'm planning to upgrade it (because it's really old and also because it reflects a lot, it's a plasma and the glass reflects all the lights, it's pissing me off) - maybe I'll snag one on Black Friday - but the Series S has a very good value here right now. Thanks for the input!

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
How do you find system so far, have you played some games already? Does it produce good enough picture?

I would also recommend on GP The Turyst, great little game. Observation if you like that Alien atmosphere.

Great Hair

Banned
Even that french guy wearing socks and sandals all day long said "is bad!" And it´s noticeable, since it takes some time to load in (see Lee Nous Tegg Tips).

Aion002

How do you find system so far, have you played some games already? Does it produce good enough picture?

I would also recommend on GP The Turyst, great little game. Observation if you like that Alien atmosphere.
I played Gears 5, it is incredibly smooth and the image quality is excellent on 1080p. The multiplayer is astounding.

The console is extremely quiet and cool.

I also downloaded State of Decay, I thought that it was the sequel but it was the 360 original game, which is ugly as I remember playing on pc back in the day.

I am finishing the download of Forza Horizon 4 and No man's sky right now.

Hyped!

The console seems really great for the price.... So far, so good.

Top Bottom