• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS.Blog: Next-gen details revealed for Rainbow Six Siege on PS5

ethomaz

Banned
"Finally, we can say that a native PS5 version of Rainbow Six Siege will be available December 1, kicking off alongside Year 5 Season 4! We are excited to share more information on an enhanced Rainbow Six experience for all PS5 players.

Graphics and Performance on PS5

"
  • Performance Mode: Target 120 fps with 4k Dynamic Resolution Scaling
  • Resolution Mode: Target 60 fps with 4k Resolution
  • Activity Card support for Ranked, Unranked, Newcomer, Quick Match, & Events so players can dive into the game faster"

DualSense Wireless Controller

"However the PS5 Rainbow Six Siege experience is not limited to visual enhancements. The dev team has embraced the new DualSense wireless controller, with its haptic feedback and adaptive triggers, for better immersion and improved reflexes in high-stakes gunfights.

Thanks to the DualSense controller’s adaptive triggers, squeezing the R2 trigger emulates the resistance of an actual trigger, offering a unique feel for each weapon category and shooting gadget. For example, adaptive trigger resistance is light and quick for pistols, and heavier for bigger, powerful weapons like light machine guns. Players will also be able to feel the difference between single fire and full-automatic for full immersion.

In addition, thanks to the haptic feedback players will sense impact like never before. Dynamic and immersive, haptic feedback reacts with the environment. Weapons, explosions, gadgets and so on will provide feedback directly in the player’s hands."

Last edited:

jaysius

Banned
What they really need to do here is toss this old engine and make a new one from scratch, every other operative they add has a gadget that works poorly with the current engine, and fucks shit up.

Also they still can't get the audio right because the engine was never meant to do as much as they're forcing it.

Cheap Ubisoft.

This does look pretty good, but it'll do nothing for the toxic waste dumpster fire that is the community.

Keihart

Debbie Downer here, i would prefer a sequel in the spirits of the launch Rainbow Six Siege.
Game got really diluted with time making a shift from tactical to mechanical skill as the seasons went by. Operators also became very derivative just for the sake of having new ones every season instead of what tools the game needed to give players.

It's still my favorite multiplayer FPS of last get, but can't bother to play it anymore even if some the core elements i enjoyed are still there, i want the tacticool focus back which a sequel could do.

Calverz

Fuck yes! Still the best multiplayer shooter of last gen in my opinion. Cant wait for this! And free!

jaysius

Banned
Debbie Downer here, i would prefer a sequel in the spirits of the launch Rainbow Six Siege.
Game got really diluted with time making a shift from tactical to mechanical skill as the seasons went by. Operators also became very derivative just for the sake of having new ones every season instead of what tools the game needed to give players.

It's still my favorite multiplayer FPS of last get, but can't bother to play it anymore even if some the core elements i enjoyed are still there, i want the tacticool focus back which a sequel could do.

We still gotta get to 60 Operators! :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Fucking Ubi milking this dry cow as much as possible.

At first it was great, you could keep track of all the gimmicks that the operators have, now as you said they're just making clones with similar abilities and sometimes when you enter a building it's hard to remember all the bullshit meta gadgets that might fly at you.

YoodlePro

OH hell yes, I'm quite excited to try the adaptive triggers in rainbow six!

I wonder if the haptic feedback will give you a hint from which direction an explosion is coming from?

Shmunter

You'll have to let us know, I've redownloaded it 3 times and nothing changed 😬
Working fine for me. will fire up a match as soon as I get off the can

Edit: Game is super crisp and locked at 60 with vsync on. This includes the AI matches that were lacking frames last gen.

Switching to 120 mode does not switch my Sony 900e to 120hz. Disappointing, was hoping for it to auto switch to 1080p/120 on demand. This is the only official 120 game I’ve tested thus far.

Initial impressions of DualSense are addictive, want to shoot more with those feels.

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Working fine for me. will fire up a match as soon as I get off the can

Edit: Game is super crisp and locked at 60 with vsync on. This includes the AI matches that were lacking frames last gen.

Switching to 120 mode does not switch my Sony 900e to 120hz. Disappointing, was hoping for it to auto switch to 1080p/120 on demand. This is the only official 120 game I’ve tested thus far.

Initial impressions of DualSense are addictive, want to shoot more with those feels.
Umm...
dogzipp said:
Apparently the new version of the game, screws up when trying to update your save to a PS5 version on some cases. There's a fix, but you will loose your save game. Delete both saves from the PS4 and PS5 version. Start PS4 version, and let it create a new save from scratch. Then you should be able to start the PS5 version, and it should upgrade that save without any problems.

I'll try this later..

TGO

It's quite likely I don't have a prior save. I've only ever tried the game on PS4 and often delete saves for games I don't commit to.
Ok fixed it, had to delete my save and then boot the game while internet was disabled to create a new save, then it finally worked.
Also can now confirm 120fps mode works on my TV!
Well at least @1080p 😂
Can't say I see the difference like 30>60 is and this game you can see the difference

Shmunter

Ok fixed it, had to delete my save and then boot the game while internet was disabled to create a new save, then it finally worked.
Also can now confirm 120fps mode works on my TV!
Well at least @1080p 😂
Can't say I see the difference like 30>60 is and this game you can see the difference
Which tv do you have? Was the PS4 set to 4k in the dash and switched to 1080p by itself in the game?

TGO

Which tv do you have? Was the PS4 set to 4k in the dash and switched to 1080p by itself in the game?
X95G
Yep I checked and it dropped to 1080p120hz RGB-HDR

Last edited:
Top Bottom