• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[PS Blog] New DualSense wireless controller colors arrive next month, followed by new PS5 console covers

Let's see when these are available in Finland / Nordic countries.

The price in here will probably be something like 74,99 € or something ludicrous.

If the price would be closer to 30 € I would buy the black one in a heartbeat.

yurinka

They are too expensive, but they look good and it's nice to see they are releasing them in multiple colors. Let's hope that in the future they add more colors for plates and pads, and that also allow you to buy the console specifying the pad and plates color, so you don't have to pay the extra to customize it.

NickFire

Making all consoles white, and charging $55 to change the color, is so devious that I can't help but respect the hustle.

Can't wait for a sale on thee black ones though. Or should I go with the red? Decisions, decisions . . . .

Dont you guys feel bad they stopped 3rd party guys from doing this? Im one of those who feel sony shouldv just let those guys do ther thing, Might cstch heat for this comment but yuh

ToTTenTranz

Banned
I would have maybe bought this from a 3rd party for $20 tops, but for $55 I'm definitely skipping it entirely and not giving it another thought.

Dont you guys feel bad they stopped 3rd party guys from doing this? Im one of those who feel sony shouldv just let those guys do ther thing, Might cstch heat for this comment but yuh
Not at all. I hate seeing people rry to capitalize on other people's work. The PS5 is Sony's. Many millions were put into it. You shouldn't just get to jump in and say, "give me a piece of that" without even consulting the creator.

Mr Hyde

Probably going for red when the price is down somewhat. I'm in no rush to change, black and white is perfectly fine as is.

SLB1904

Banned
So thats why Sony was willing to sue any companies that were making custom covers based on the PS5 cover.
Dbrand thought they were clever and could fight it....Sony already knew they were making their own product so could attack Dbrand

Get fucked Dbrand you mess with the bull you get the horns.

Though I admit I actually really like the Darkplate 2 design without the "horns"?
159341-games-review-dbrand-s-ps5-darkplates-in-pictures-black-is-the-new-white-image6-pgvo1crgnh-png.webp

159341-games-review-dbrand-s-ps5-darkplates-in-pictures-black-is-the-new-white-image7-dlxvujd13z-png.webp
Can I still get those?

ethomaz

Banned
If I get the black covers, then i’d have to buy black controllers. No way in hell am I running a black PS5 with white controllers.

$55 + $90 = $145 to change colours. Maybe the white isn’t so bad.
If you get a Black console the controller included is Black.
Same for the Purple console... the controller included is Purple.

But of course if you already have white console and white controller you need to buy cover for both separetally.

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
So thats why Sony was willing to sue any companies that were making custom covers based on the PS5 cover.
Dbrand thought they were clever and could fight it....Sony already knew they were making their own product so could attack Dbrand

Get fucked Dbrand you mess with the bull you get the horns.

Though I admit I actually really like the Darkplate 2 design without the "horns"?
159341-games-review-dbrand-s-ps5-darkplates-in-pictures-black-is-the-new-white-image6-pgvo1crgnh-png.webp

159341-games-review-dbrand-s-ps5-darkplates-in-pictures-black-is-the-new-white-image7-dlxvujd13z-png.webp
This is the ugliest thing I've ever seen. And I am not talking about xbox here.
The white original design gives the console some elegance

kyliethicc

I kinda want that pink one, or the red one like my controller.

Never fucking mind... Jesus. $55 for a bit of plastic?
Apple sells a small piece of silicone for $50.

Its a luxury fashion product. Phone case or console cover, same thing. Its not about functional value. Its a purely unnecessary cosmetic. Hence why the value and price is so subjective and detached from any build cost. No idea why anyone ever thought these would be like $20 or something. Demand is much higher than that.

Last edited:

Mr Moose

Its a luxury fashion product. Phone case or console cover, same thing. Its not about functional value. Its a purely unnecessary cosmetic. Hence why the value and price is so subjective and detached from any build cost. No idea why anyone ever thought these would be like $20 or something. Demand is much higher than that.
And a shitty stand for $999, fuck Apple.

Topher

Gold Member

Yep. And if demand is too low then the price will drop. This is how supply/demand works.

And a shitty stand for $999, fuck Apple.

I think the point here is that overpriced consumer electronics accessories, regardless of the company, are very common.

Last edited:
I'm trying to figure out if production has gone up 6X or if they just split the current out put 6 ways 🤔

I'm hoping in it's the former. Imagine waiting nearly a year for a white PS5, getting to the store and they only have a pink one :messenger_grinning_sweat:

FrankWza

And just like phone cases, you can get knockoffs or 3rd party versions for much cheaper. All this complaining and the black color will still probably sell out.

FrankWza

If you get a Black console the controller included is Black.
Same for the Purple console... the controller included is Purple.

But of course if you already have white console and white controller you need to buy cover for both separetally.
I'm trying to figure out if production has gone up 6X or if they just split the current out put 6 ways 🤔

I'm hoping in it's the former. Imagine waiting nearly a year for a white PS5, getting to the store and they only have a pink one :messenger_grinning_sweat:
These aren’t for consoles though. Just the replacement plates and controllers for now.

Last edited:

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
This is the ugliest thing I've ever seen. And I am not talking about xbox here.
The white original design gives the console some elegance

You can get them in white or even PS1 grey if you want.
And I agree, they look really good in white.
The tuskless covers are honestly so cool....if only they didnt put the damn vents on it.
Hopefully the Darkplate 2.1 wont have a vent.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Black is nice... I don't mind the white though. My living room has mostly white media furniture, so it fits in well.

mckmas8808

Banned
Yes. I expected $5. :messenger_dizzy:

Dual sense. $70
Replacement Side Plates $55

Do you really not see the issue here?

I'm sorry, no I don't see the issue at all. The controller was never going to be $20. Plus, you don't NEED to buy new controllers to match the console.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
I'm sorry, no I don't see the issue at all. The controller was never going to be $20. Plus, you don't NEED to buy new controllers to match the console.
Im referring to the price of a dual sense which has far more technology involved vs two pieces of molded plastic.

Never said the controller would be $20. I am not sure what you are referring to.

Top Bottom