• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project xCloud Out in October, Console Remote Play Confirmed

Mista

Banned
xcloud-1024x576.jpg

Project xCloud will look to support every Xbox One title currently available, providing over 3,500 games to play on different devices. And…that’s more or less all we know at this point. How it will integrate with Project Scarlett (if at all), the streaming-focused console that was apparently supposed to be announced and so on are all still up in the air.

It releases in October, which is well before the launch of Project Scarlett.

Last edited:

pr0cs

Very cool, I like the idea of using your existing console to stream, not convinced it will be terribly responsive for most people though.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I like the idea of being able to stream my console anywhere, not sure how well it will work with my upload speed (10Mbps) but should be cool none-the-less.

Those touch controls in the image in the OP are triggering me though. Controller or GTFO.

quickwhips

Kinda thought this was two things?

1) I can stream my games from my console to other devices.

2) a streaming service for people who don’t have xboxes.

Last edited:

DanielsM

Banned

Its insane, but noticeable input lag. :messenger_tears_of_joy: Yup, that's game streaming. The guy playing to the right has so much input lag it looks like about a 1/2 second or close to it. Nadella isn't going to be happy with Phil once he figures out nobody is going to pay for this shit.

Never change Comedy Central, I mean Windows Central.

Lags are less important if you can stream your own library for free

I've used OnLive beta, PS Now beta, and PS Remote Play from time to time. Its fine if you play a single player game that doesn't require too much precision in a pinch. No way I would pay for it long-term. If you are remote playing on a small screen than its going to be better than a very large display, so I occasional Remote Play to my PS Vita, its okayish i.e. small screen. Now if I tried to stream to my front project (100+ inch screen) playing something like FPS with as much lag as in that video.... barf city. 🤮

Last edited:

nikolino840

Its insane, but noticeable input lag. :messenger_tears_of_joy: Yup, that's game streaming. The guy playing to the right has so much input lag it looks like about a 1/2 second or close to it. Nadella isn't going to be happy with Phil once he figures out nobody is going to pay for this shit.

Never change Comedy Central, I mean Windows Central.

I've used OnLive beta, PS Now beta, and PS Remote Play from time to time. Its fine if you play a single player game that doesn't require too much precision in a pinch. No way I would pay for it long-term. If you are remote playing on a small screen than its going to be better than a very large display, so I occasional Remote Play to my PS Vita, its okayish i.e. small screen. Now if I tried to stream to my front project (100+ inch screen) playing something like FPS with as much lag as in that video.... barf city. 🤮
I have tried the steam streaming on a laptop but..not working..Hope in ms...
I have an Xbox so no sense for me streaming on a TV,but only on mobile when i'm in bed or....bathroom

Outrunner

There is something I don't get about xCloud. Will you like be able to stream next gen games into current Xbox One S / X then? Or what is the point about it? Streaming the games you own to your mobile / tablet?

Aintitcool

Banned
There is something I don't get about xCloud. Will you like be able to stream next gen games into current Xbox One S / X then? Or what is the point about it? Streaming the games you own to your mobile / tablet?
This may or may not happen. Azure will probably not be getting ray tracing hardware installed only for microsoft's xcloud. I think they are using their servers partitioning xboxS/X hardware requirements from the servers than streaming the game to you. The next Xbox will have unique hardware not on azure servers like ray tracing and the new memory SSD system. But azure servers can always use the PC version :/.

So probably you won't be able to. Also I strongly doubt microsoft found a loop hole in all their 3,500 games contract where devs or publishers don't have a say if their game is on xcloud. I think that number is way too unrealistic.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
It is nice to see MS adding PS3 level features in their systems after 12 years.

Now let's how xCloud works against Now and Stadia... the actual price model of Stadia is max bullshit.

Last edited:

PaNaMa

Banned
I was doing the game stream thing with Destiny on my PS4 years ago. Input laggy AF but hey you could head to Starbucks lunch time with your Xperia phone, log into Destiny and pick up all your bounties..even do a few non PvP type things . Was OK

Top Bottom