• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project Nimble Was the Codename for PS5 Showcase Event

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member
It seems Project Nimble was the codename for Sony’s upcoming PlayStation 5 Showcase Event internally. The moniker is mentioned as part of the file name for the livestream’s lead image on the PlayStation Blog, so it gives us a rough idea of how the Japanese giant referred to the event in boardrooms around its headquarters.

It’s pertinent because there’s been an ongoing narrative that the manufacturer was simply waiting for Microsoft to play its hand before it responded with its own event. Project Nimble would suggest that it’s been quietly plotting behind-the-scenes, and had a plan in place ready to respond.

It was all part of the plan. 🤯

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
giphy.gif

Eliciel

When news is this barren this makes the headlines:messenger_tears_of_joy:
You know, the only reason I am looking forward to the Event is that all of this "PLOTTING" is coming to an end. We all had more than enough of it and I really have had If for a while now. Time to spill the beans and finalize the start of this "new Generation of gaming".... Whatever that will mean.

MrFunSocks

Banned
So what do you call planning ahead for contingency then, if not proactive planning?
It doesn’t matter how you try to put it, when their entire plan is to react to what the other company does that’s reactive. It’s not proactive. Planning to change your plans based on something else isn’t proactive.

Last edited:

Kdad

It doesn’t matter how you try to put it, when their entire plan is to react to what the other company does that’s reactive. It’s not proactive. Planning to change your plans based on something else isn’t proactive.
I guess we understand business different. Planning for contingency and changes in the market is what well run businesses do. Being reactive would be to only initiate thinking about a change after the market changes.

MarkMe2525

Gold Member
only xbots pushed this narrative, sony has been marching to the beat of its own drum since they announced ps5.
Xbots... That's so lame. All this does is fuel negative rhetoric. Be the solution, not the problem. Only you can prevent forest fires. If you see something, say something.

MrFunSocks

Banned
I guess we understand business different. Planning for contingency and changes in the market is what well run businesses do. Being reactive would be to only initiate thinking about a change after the market changes.
If their plan is to be reactive then they’re being reactive. Just because they’re planning to be reactive doesn’t make them proactive.

I can’t believe what I’m reading lol.

Devilich

That was obvious from the start. These are multi billion dollar companies. The establishing phase of an new generation has a tremendous effect on the course of the generation. Both companies had their plans, we just have to see who planned more thoroughly.

Kdad

If their plan is to be reactive then they’re being reactive. Just because they’re planning to be reactive doesn’t make them proactive.

I can’t believe what I’m reading lol.

And I can't believe you don't think prudent contingency planning isn't the definition of being proactive. I'll be sure to mention to my team on Monday that we will stop making business plans and just do whatever and not give any forethought to any externalities.

We will simply have to leave it at that.

MrFunSocks

Banned
And I can't believe you don't think prudent contingency planning isn't the definition of being proactive. I'll be sure to mention to my team on Monday that we will stop making business plans and just do whatever and not give any forethought to any externalities.

We will simply have to leave it at that.
There’s a difference between contingency planning and calling that being proactive lol.

D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
only xbots pushed this narrative, sony has been marching to the beat of its own drum since they announced ps5.
Xbots like Heisenberg who said Sony was bleeding Microsoft dry? Good joke mate

This is borderline downy retarded.

Companies don't pick project names because console warriors want them to.

Nimble will be in reference to something obscure that ties the project together. Maybe nimble navigator or nimble because their teams have worked through Covid etc.

But nimble because they waited for MS to reveal? Go see a Dr, your brain isn't working.

Kagey K

Banned
This is borderline downy retarded.

Companies don't pick project names because console warriors want them to.

Nimble will be in reference to something obscure that ties the project together. Maybe nimble navigator or nimble because their teams have worked through Covid etc.

But nimble because they waited for MS to reveal? Go see a Dr, your brain isn't working.
Maybe they meant project thimble, like anyone who believed this could fit their brain through a thimble.

-Arcadia-

Banned
Maybe multiple versions of the show’s key points in regards to pricing were shot, so that Sony could swap out versions as needed?

All idle speculation, of course. It’s fun while we wait for the show proper to begin.

Raonak

Banned
The timing of everything is suspicious.

I think the Xbox leak was actually part of project nimble.

mark cerny himself was the one who leaked the Xbox prices.

That way Sony have full breathing room to do their showcase without MS having anything to counter it.

[creepy_cerny.gif]

Last edited:
Top Bottom