• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project Magnum (Working Title) - Official Teaser Trailer | PS5, PS4

Sleepwalker

Gold Member

PROJECT MAGNUM (working title) is a new looter shooter game developed by Nexon subsidiary NAT GAMES. PROJECT MAGNUM is a PC/console-based game that combines RPG play with third-person shooter combat. It presents beautiful visuals and attractive and unique characters based in a sci-fi style player vs. environment worldview. It also provides exciting battles using various skills, actions, and guns, as well as the fun of highquality PvE shooter battles that target huge bosses. Project Magnum will be available in most major markets worldwide. More information on the release schedule of PROJECT MAGNUM will be announced at a later date.

Just posted by Playstations youtube channel, Looks interesting but never heard of the studio behind it.

Last edited:
Which of these jumped to mind first at the mention of "Magnum"

This?
look-back-turn-around.gif

Or this?
200.gif

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
Anyone notice the blue triangles in the studio's logo? I wonder if that's a coincidence... probably so **Takes off conspiracy hat**

Confused Elizabeth Olsen GIF by Disney+

Aion002

Seems awesome... But Nexon...

I Literally Hate You Andrew Garfield GIF

Every game that I played from them was a shallow p2w unbalanced shit show. They have cool ideas, but they're just too greedy and don't even pretend to care about the games and players. They just want to milk most of the money they can get and kill their games, while readying their next thing.

Also, if I am not mistaken, the last game Nexon published on consoles was Lawbreakers...

john lewis lol GIF

Last edited:

CamHostage

Looks pretty cool. If this is a campaign focused game, I'm excited. If its F2P, I'm not interested. Seems to be coming out on Xbox as well though.

For sure PC and PS4/PS5, then the official line so far is "consoles" and I don't think it goes beyond that yet? Nexon has had a good relationship with Xbox in the past (KartRiders was an exclusive even) so I think One/Series is likely. And then somebody also listed Switch, but I don't see where they got that from, seems that's just residue from the consoles listing.

Reminds me of Deep Down...

Maybe, but THIS really reminds me of Deep Down...
FpHnlPJ.jpg

That's "P3", an unnamed project that Nexon announced at a recent show. There's not a lot of info, but it's the type of multiplayer dungeon crawler (down to the boxy corridor/room layout of stages, I assume randomly generated?) that Deep Down was going to be (although I think P3 may be deathmatch-oriented?) Their fire tech is not looking as good in this shot as Deep Down obviously, but like you hinted at, Nexon's graphic system is playing with a lot of what made Deep Down look so good (purposeful material shaders and careful depth of field management and all that fun stuff.)

I think we're going to see a lot of Deep Down reminders this gen? The tech Capcom was exploring was promising, but from what I understand, the limitations were prevalent and the actual game they were making was never going to live up to imaginations. They supposedly pilfered what made sense from the Panta Rhei for RE Engine, and you could see lots of pieces of what they were working on for that engine elsewhere, but to get the full thing all at once and to get it in something more rich than a dungeon crawler, it seems like they needed better hardware. And now, we have better hardware.

Last edited:

lachesis

What's up with all these Korean games that start with "Project" something something in naming?
I just wish they'd just give me one name to remember by. :(

Pantz

Gold Member
So many cool looking Korean games coming up this gen but I'm still suspicious of how they will actually feel to play.

Top Bottom