• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project EVE announced: AAA Action RPG for PS4, Xbox One, and PC by Hyung-tae Kim’s Studio

ThatGamingDude

I am a virgin
They can create whatever they want and I can criticize it however I want. My point was that you can criticize this kind of fap material without being some SJW.

Personally I like playing as, and looking at, fit + attractive people. But I don’t want to play a game that looks like it was made for mouth-breathing otaku to jack off to.

There’s a fine line between “sexy” and “blatant fap material”, and it seems like most media have figured it out. It’s only anime and video games that haven’t.
I'm just trying to get clarification; if you like sexy, is it more that you don't like the Eastern perspective and portrayal of beauty/sexy? Would you say that since this game is seeming to try to represent beauty/sexy that you don't like this particular games art style? You seem to like sexy, what stops a person from seeing what you believe to be beauty/sexy as "blatant fap material"?

Have you ever heard of an eroge??

Your derogatory and broad generalizations juxtapose the point you're trying to put across, by the way. Maybe try to narrow down your issues to more specific bullet points and discussing it from there to make your perspective more clear.

Saber

Gold Member
Lol, there are already people disturbed by a single butt. No strip, no boobs, just a single butt. How do you guys even survive in real life? Put a blinder or something?

Sidenote to you all, you can ignore the game. You know, like a normal person.

Just remember to not complain about butts when you leave your room(if ever) and go to the beach.

Last edited:

CatCouch

They can create whatever they want and I can criticize it however I want. My point was that you can criticize this kind of fap material without being some SJW.

Personally I like playing as, and looking at, fit + attractive people. But I don’t want to play a game that looks like it was made for mouth-breathing otaku to jack off to.

There’s a fine line between “sexy” and “blatant fap material”, and it seems like most media have figured it out. It’s only anime and video games that haven’t.
I believe there is a difference between criticism and insults. Going after the audience by calling them "mouth-breathing otaku" is an insult. You don't like the type of art here and that's fine but I do and I don't appreciate the insinuation there is a problem with me for liking it.

brap

Banned

Or they can continue making whatever the fuck they want instead of having their media shat up by ugly women with shit attitudes. Like I said before you can always go jerk off to how progressive TLOU 2 or MK11 is. I'd rather play a game 'made for mouth-breathing otaku to jack off to' than play a game made for anemic little vegan boys to jerk off to ugly roided up women.

Dacon

Banned
All hail our Korean overlords and the majestic booty.

EDIT: Oh I see the puritans are out with their pitchforks for this bit of harmless titillation once again. I guess we should only get our fix of jiggling butts from music videos and chicks twerking on youtube. This world is sad.

Last edited:

kevm3

I like the graphics, but awful character design. Why is it so hard for Asian devs to create a game that doesn't look like it's pandering to some weirdo obsessed over 'sexy anime girls'.

Shin

Banned
I like the graphics, but awful character design. Why is it so hard for Asian devs to create a game that doesn't look like it's pandering to some weirdo obsessed over 'sexy anime girls'.
Korea is dominated by male gamers so it's not strange for them to have that mindset with the west being an after thought.
Just very much alike how the west treats Asian countries with their releases and/or design philosophies/vision.
Another example is China, they are currently trying this and that (cheap looking anime copies, MMO's mainly etc), every continent does it.
People are criticizing the Asian choice because they've been spoonfed the west take of what something should look like.
I'd say expand your horizon or it you feel insulted or whatever then skip it altogether and stick to what works, there's a game for everyone.

Catphish

Doesn't look like much at all. Nothing but eye candy. And I agree with those who feel the sexualization is unnecessary, if not insulting. Waving a digital ass in my face isn't going to make me buy your game, and it undercuts any validity the story is shooting for.

NahaNago

This Is your typical Korean and Chinese video game eye candy. I've been wondering if we would ever get something like this again on consoles after Tera.

Isa

I love this artist's work and will definitely be keeping an eye out for whatever further news is released. I'm not looking forward to the wait though... also I thought the main lady looks fine if not great.

JordanN

Banned
If the developers are smart, they should cancel the PS4 version or release it last.
The worse thing that could happen is Sony meddles midway through development and force a contract that censors all platforms.

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
UexrTXn.jpeg

Last edited:

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
If the developers are smart, they should cancel the PS4 version or release it last.
The worse thing that could happen is Sony meddles midway through development and force a contract that censors all platforms.
That would be the equivalent of shooting themselves in the foot. This is not the Xbox 360 where the Asian RPGs form their own niche. I would rather be OK with them releasing late in Xbox One as they usually turn out to be really good(like Nier Automata).

JordanN

Banned
That would be the equivalent of shooting themselves in the foot. This is not the Xbox 360 where the Asian RPGs form their own niche. I would rather be OK with them releasing late in Xbox One as they usually turn out to be really good(like Nier Automata).
But it's also releasing on PC.
They might lose a chunk of PS4 sales but ultimately, they would still get to make the game they want versus becoming another Marvelous/Senran Kagura situation.

Last edited:

JORMBO

Darkness no more
But it's also releasing on PC.
They might lose a chunk of PS4 sales but ultimately, they would still get to make the game they want versus becoming another Marvelous/Senran Kagura situation.

It’s an asian made game with what looks like a decent budget. Xbox isn’t exactly popular in Asia and PC isn’t going to pick up to slack if it’s missing on PlayStation. We haven’t seen the game yet, but it doesn’t look like it is going to have content similiar to Senran Kagura.

They aren’t going to cut their biggest platform because they *might* need to throw in a stupid light bar or two.

This is nonsensical, considering that this game would sell better on a PS4 and if you want to talk about censorship, lets talk how DMC V is not censored anymore on PS4. Try again.

As for the game itself, it looks fucking great. Please keep those Nier Automata clons coming.

Talking about the doll looks, if the game protagonist is a robot-girl she can only be sexy because nobody in the world would make an ugly or average looking robot. Why bother, in the first place.

Oh, nice. I love the character design... looks hot and sexy.

The ass jiggles a little too much, needs to be toned down a little bit to reach 2B levels of greatness, but besides that it looks good enough to grab my attention. Hope it comes with character customization, or at least lots of costumes.

Komatsu

It's mildly frustrating that, I don't know, 15 years after the Korean games industry really took off, they still entirely plagiarize JRPG aesthetics and sensibility.

lachesis

I actually like Kim's illustrations, not as much of fan of 3d renditions of his designs... something feels quite off, and personally don't find it much attractive.
Maybe because I am more trained as 2d artist - that exaggeration in 2d space is something that I'm more used to - but not realistic 3d rendering.

I think that's where the uncanny valley effect lies for me. I am pretty tolerant in a lot of cases - sometimes I just mock it as a bad rendering - but this is technically pretty impressive, but at the same time quite disturbing for some reason.

Bkdk

Glad to see this game still being developed, would be a shame to lose one of the best upcoming new character if it’s cancelled. Also really suit the diversity agenda that society been pushing for, her design is so rare these days. Glad to see Korean devs being inclusive.

Last edited:
Top Bottom