• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project Cars 3 |OT|

J-Roderton

Project Cars 3

Journey from weekend warrior to racing legend & experience the thrill & emotion of authentic racing. Own, upgrade and personalise hundreds of cars, customise your driver, tailor every setting & play the way you want in

Released: Aug. 24th, 2020
Publisher: Bandai Namco
Developer: Slightly Mad Studios
Platforms: Xbox, Playstation, PC

Career Mode Info

• A CURATED CAREER THROUGH THE BEST RACING CONTENT IN PROJECT CARS 3
  • IMPROVED PROGRESSION—IT’S NOT JUST ABOUT RACE RESULTS ANYMORE
  • COMPLETE MINI-OBJECTIVES TO EARN BONUS XP AND SPEED UP YOUR PROGRESS
  • BOOST YOUR XP BY TURNING OFF ASSISTS AND INCREASING AI DIFFICULTY
  • CHOOSE THE RACES AND INVITATIONALS THAT YOU WANT
  • USE YOUR SINGLE PLAYER GARAGE, INCL. UPGRADED CARS, IN MULTIPLAYER

Multiplayer Info:

• ALL-NEW RIVALS MODE: YOUR NEW HOME FOR CHALLENGES AND COMMUNITY EVENTS
  • COMPETE ON LEADERBOARDS FOR XP AND BRAGGING RIGHTS IN DAILY, WEEKLY, AND MONTHLY CHALLENGES
  • CLIMB THROUGH THE RIVALS DIVISIONS AND BECOME A RACING LEGEND

Videos:

Links:

https://twitter.com/projectcarsgame

Anyone else racing?

Last edited:

AJUMP23

Gold Member
I enjoyed the first one and the difficulty in it was something I had to get used to. But I haven't had time to check out the new iterations of this series.

AntsaK2

Neo Member
How is the AI in this? Can I get fun and challenging races?
Also, how's the championship etc. mode?

I hate Forza Motorsport 7 Model where there is no Qualifying and you always have to do million overtakes in order to win a race rather than mastering a track and driving most consistently?

J-Roderton

How is the AI in this? Can I get fun and challenging races?
Also, how's the championship etc. mode?

I hate Forza Motorsport 7 Model where there is no Qualifying and you always have to do million overtakes in order to win a race rather than mastering a track and driving most consistently?

AI isn’t perfect. I usually set it on medium or hard difficulty with medium to or high aggression. Plenty of challenge for me personally there.

cormack12

Gold Member
AI isn’t perfect. I usually set it on medium or hard difficulty with medium to or high aggression. Plenty of challenge for me personally there.

How is it working out with less sim aspects? Is it like driveclub now or more towards GT:S?

GHG

Same shit here. Which is why it flopped spectacularly.

Get Assetto Corsa Competizione or F1 2020. You should enjoy those based on what you said.

J-Roderton

How is it working out with less sim aspects? Is it like driveclub now or more towards GT:S?

I haven’t played GT since the PS2 days. Coming from someone who has played mostly the recent forzas and horizons I think it’s a solid racer. The no pitting, tire wear, etc I think it mostly what turns off hardcore sim guys.

Online racing so far has been a blast. Scheduled races let you qualify for your start which is cool.

xrnzaaas

Yas Marina is such a boring circuit, maybe they got some extra money from UAE to feature it?

Last edited:

GHG

Yas Marina is such a boring circuit, maybe they got some extra money from UAE to feature it?

They've had the scans for the track since the days of Pcars 2 development but it didn't make it in. Same goes for Interlagos and a few other tracks.

Guilty_AI

tenor.gif

Nemesisuuu

I was very sceptical about this game but ultimately quite enjoyed it in the end. I wasn't butthurt (Project Cars 2 is pretty great IMO) like some 'cause of change of direction, so that probably helped. Here is pretty good arcade racer in the vein of Driveclub/PGR and fans of those games are gonna miss out on it only because of sim community uproar (like there's not enough sim racing games). It's not exactly like those games, but there are moments that bring them to mind.

It has it's share of flaws, but that didn't stop me to get all base achievements - except last one, cause it's glitched and it didn't unlock lol. I've played on PC and I've encountered surprisingly low number of bugs in almost 60 hours of game time. To be fair - I didn't play it at launch, so part of it was probably fixed by the time I jumped in.

For me - game would be even better if there was more fantasy and city tracks.

Also - game feeled more focused than it's predecessors, gameplay on gamepad is great this time around (I didn't even bother pluging my wheel for it), some tracks were finally enjoyable for the first time in the series (California Highway and Azure Coast first come to mind). Omissions of Spa and Le Mans, even though I'm huge fan of those tracks - in the end I didn't miss them as much as I thought I would, cause it's just more arcade approach to racing games and as I said before, I would prefer more city and fantasy tracks in this type of game.

Shame that demo for this game doesn't exist, I'm under impression that good number of players would be positively surprised once they'd try it.

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Game is on sale for Xbox, how is it on Series X? Never liked the series but 3 being more arcade and fun sounds okay to me. Worth it?

xrnzaaas

Game is on sale for Xbox, how is it on Series X? Never liked the series but 3 being more arcade and fun sounds okay to me. Worth it?
Afaik Project CARS 3 didn't get any next gen patches. For me it's an easy skip, if you're into sim games Project CARS 1 & 2 answer, if you're more into arcade GRID should be better (and much cheaper).

Top Bottom