• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Professional Skater Jason Dills says he was contacted for SKATE 3 for Mobile phones; EA not interested in doing SKATE 4

Thabass

"I got a call from the EA people about 10 months ago, and they said, 'Hey, we want to talk about the Skate games.'" Dill starts. "This woman emailed me, and she said, basically, 'Hey Jason, we want to do a mobile version of Skate 3,' and I wrote back and I said, 'What else?'

"She wrote back, 'No that's it.' So I wrote back, 'Look, no big deal, no one wants your stupid mobile version of Skate 3... make Skate f***ing 4 already!"

EA responded:

EA wrote back to Dill, saying that it wasn't looking to pursue Skate 4, to which Dill replied, "Well have a lot of luck on Need for Speed 29. I won't be in your stupid mobile game."

Good for him telling them to bugger off like that.

EA really seem to not even care about making a profitable product anymore, just whatever will make the most money fornthe least effort.

In fact I'd go so far as to say it can't be called Games Publisher anymore. It's just a sort of ponzi scheme to crank out video game themed 'get rich quick' grifts.

Abear21

Banned
The more I think about this the more it seems we could be getting trolled by Jason Dill and EA. What does Gaf think—Any chance this is all some sort of joke to make the Skate 4 announcement even better for fans? I can’t say I’ve seen many instances where people leak this type of an announcement and supposed emails with a big company, doesn’t this violate NDA? EA has to know the demand for this game is huge and then there’s the question of why Skate 3 is not on EA Access on PS4? Is this because of the cell architecture in the PS3 and problems emulating the game on PS4–OR do they not want the quench the thirst of gamers when they are working on a new game!? Just wishful thinking but it’s strange EA didn’t make this game part the Access package-I would buy it if they did and I know I’m not alone. Call me skeptical because I’m hopeful!

Top Bottom