• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Prodeus

Tesseract

Banned
Prodeus-786x400.jpg

nFfDVEP.png

nFfDVEP.png

ABOUT THIS GAME

Prodeus is a first-person shooter of old, re-imagined using modern rendering techniques. It reaches the quality you expect from a AAA experience while adhering to some of the aesthetic technical limits of older hardware.

The game features a hand-crafted campaign from industry FPS veterans, a fully-integrated level editor, and a built-in community map browser for instantaneous action with nearly limitless levels to play.

Get ready to paint the walls red. This is the Boomer Shooter you’ve been waiting for.

Art Style:
  • An aesthetic mix of high-quality 3D art and retro rendering techniques
  • Over the top visual effects (Explosions! Blood! Gore! Oh My!)
  • Infinite blood and a satisfyingly gory dismemberment system
editor_test_10.gif

Gameplay:
  • Visceral and engaging combat scenarios
  • Heavy-duty weaponry
  • Dynamic heavy metal soundtrack from Andrew Hulshult
  • A multitude of secrets to discover
editor_test_7a.gif

editor_test_12.gif

Replayability:
  • Built-in community map browser
  • Advanced but easy to use level editor
  • Tons of difficulty and game modes with online high score support
editor_test_9.gif

Last edited:

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
i think this game is fucking awesome and much closer to what i expected outta doom 3

multiplayer support is coming down the line
Yeah, "alternate reality Doom sequel" is very much the specific vibe they have going here, and they nailed it.

I played a few hours of the beta (backed it on KS) and now I am trying to hold off on early access until it's more complete. What's the current state of it?

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Holy shit, this aesthetic is incredible. Had never heard of it, but that trailer sold me. Definitely going to check it out.

Belmonte

Great OT, man!

I was apprehensive about Prodeus gameplay since the first video I saw. The art style is too cool so I would be heartbroken if the gameplay wasn't good. Fortunately every impression I read is very positive! Can't wait until it leaves early access to buy it.

KirkCollects made an informative preview video about it:

Stuart360

Man this game is awesome.
Ih anyone knows how to switch to the 3d models for the enemies, let us know. I cant work it out in the settings.

silentstorm

Hope this comes to switch.
Probably, a few of these Boomer Shooters have come to Switch, more than have been released in what was once the FPS console, the XBOX, just saying, DUSK and Amid Evil are on Switch and PC only, so for now it seems that if any console will get a Boomer Shooter, it's the Switch.

Stuart360

Yeah i wouldnt hold my breath for a Switch port, the game is a lot more demanding than it looks. On my 980ti (with an overclock), the game uses 60-80% gpu usage at 1080p/60.
Its more demanding than Doom 2016, and even Eternal thinking about it lol.

Last edited:

Fbh

Looks amazing.

Already picked up a bunch of stuff due to the various sales and I don't really buy early access stuff, but it's definitely going on the wishlist!

YuLY

I love oldschool shooters, but one thing I never understood was why they are forcing that low-fi pixelation. I mean you could have it as an option for nostalgics, but why force it. I personally cant stand it, time advanced and so did the graphics. I like oldschool shooters because of the gameplay not how they looked.

Maybe its the fact that I didnt grow up with doom and quake 3 and I started a bit later with the likes of Serious Sam 1, Medal of Honor Allied Assault and Return to Castle Wolfenstein, but I really dont get the forced low-fi. Its why I love Doom 2016 and it has become one of my favorite FPS games ever.

Cut my left mouse-click finger and have it bandaged, making it really hard to play an fps like this. :(

Alternatively, I could remove the bandage and bleed all over the mouse, which, based on how gory the game's visuals are, is probably the preferred way to play.

I love oldschool shooters, but one thing I never understood was why they are forcing that low-fi pixelation. I mean you could have it as an option for nostalgics, but why force it. I personally cant stand it, time advanced and so did the graphics. I like oldschool shooters because of the gameplay not how they looked.

Maybe its the fact that I didnt grow up with doom and quake 3 and I started a bit later with the likes of Serious Sam 1, Medal of Honor Allied Assault and Return to Castle Wolfenstein, but I really dont get the forced low-fi. Its why I love Doom 2016 and it has become one of my favorite FPS games ever.

I thought I saw an option to adjust the pixelation in an earlier video.

Edit: Yep - watch @2:31:

Last edited:

Barnabot

It's also selling on GOG

The game is good and I hate most of 1st person shooters. Except the old school type like this one.

Barnabot

you have a option to turn off the pixelation in this game so you can enjoy in 3D instead.

Top Bottom