• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pringles Leak Xbox Series X Price

Jason28

Has a tiny dick and smaller e-peen
Looks like Pringles, of all brands, broke the Xbox Series X price for South Africa.
I am afraid only Wakanda people will have enough money to buy Series X.

Sony

Nintendo
Microsoft haven't shared the price of Series X with anyone outside of Microsoft yet. Any 'leak' is either a placeholder or speculation.

Not sure why some people think ps5 is gonna be more expensive.

Well, let's analyse.

Reasons/aspects that benefit the Series X's price compared to PS5
  1. The Series X design compared to PS5 design is much more straight forward and cheaper to manufacture and distribute.
  2. DualSense controller is a new controller with more features. Xbox Series X controller is a new iteration of the existing controller which is already mass produced.
  3. The SSD inside the Series X is roughly half the speed of the PS5's SSD.
Reasons/aspects that benefit the PS5's price compared to Series X
  1. GPU with less CU's
  2. Slower RAM setup overall
So if you compare those aspect to each other, it essentially boils down to: given the performance/power differences between the consoles, is the PS5's GPU and memory setup that much cheaper to compensate the fact that the Series X likely had a cheaper manufacturing process, cheaper controller (likely) and cheaper SSD (very likely)?

The answer could be yes, the answer could be no. But it's not as rediculous or delusional of a question as some people make it out to be. If you look at the costs of components on the market.. a 52CU and 32CU GPU in the range of Series X and PS5 are much closer in price than a 2,4 GB/s and 5,5GB/s SSD.

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Its delusional at this point

lpriwdy.jpg

The lack of self awareness in console warriors is something else.

Fitzchiv

The big players in the console market have always used a price skimming strategy, which makes a lot of sense when considering the correlation between quality perception and price. That said, there's a decent amount of price elasticity in consoles, so if you're coming from behind in share it makes little sense to radically over-price your main product if you're trying to grow share.

TL:DR - I call bullshit

That was the equivalent of $780 in 2006. We'll be fine.

2006 wasn't a recession. Now that I think about it my almost criminally rich country hasn't seen a console launch during a recession since the SNES.

Obviously the economy will be back on track in a few years (it always does) but I'm not expecting consoles to fly off the shelves quite as fast as the PS4.

longdi

Banned
Again - the only reason they are both not releasing the pricing is because it will be expensive and they want people to shock buy instead of sit on it and come to a conclusion that it's too expensive
Doubling down on my revised prediction

Series S $399
PS5DE $499
Series X $599
PS5 $599

Game $70 for next gen big hits

Sony takes a hit on PS5DE, with the bets that digital sales helping

Last edited:

BlackTron

I'm guessing PS5 will be 599/499 digital. MSFT will likely undercut them with the Series S at $4-500, while allowing the XSX to stay around 599.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
The price isn't known.. they have to provide an estimate for the contest to be legal in the US.

That's all this is, it's not confirmation of anything.

REDRZA MWS

Are people expect the more exotic console to be cheaper than the console with off the shelf pc parts?
Hyperbole. They are both x86 AMD Soc with varying degrees of power, both have dedicated audio blocks, both have SSD’s and 16 gb of ram. The hardware is exactly the same with varying degrees of power.

Texas Pride

Banned
A 599 PlayStation isn't happening. Sony has been in the game long enough to know that's not how you get casuals which are the majority of a console user base. The digital edition will be no more than 400-450 and the standard edition will be no more than 500-550. Y'all are nuts if you think Sony is launching a PlayStation they plan on selling en masse at 599.

Bolivar687

Banned
I think this is sounding about right for where Microsoft is going to land. They wouldn't be making a Series S if this was affordable.

I also expect Sony to surprise everyone on price again.

RaySoft

Microsoft haven't shared the price of Series X with anyone outside of Microsoft yet. Any 'leak' is either a placeholder or speculation.

Well, let's analyse.

Reasons/aspects that benefit the Series X's price compared to PS5
  1. The Series X design compared to PS5 design is much more straight forward and cheaper to manufacture and distribute.
  2. DualSense controller is a new controller with more features. Xbox Series X controller is a new iteration of the existing controller which is already mass produced.
  3. The SSD inside the Series X is roughly half the speed of the PS5's SSD.
Reasons/aspects that benefit the PS5's price compared to Series X
  1. GPU with less CU's
  2. Slower RAM setup overall
So if you compare those aspect to each other, it essentially boils down to: given the performance/power differences between the consoles, is the PS5's GPU and memory setup that much cheaper to compensate the fact that the Series X likely had a cheaper manufacturing process, cheaper controller (likely) and cheaper SSD (very likely)?

The answer could be yes, the answer could be no. But it's not as rediculous or delusional of a question as some people make it out to be. If you look at the costs of components on the market.. a 52CU and 32CU GPU in the range of Series X and PS5 are much closer in price than a 2,4 GB/s and 5,5GB/s SSD.
I would agree with you if Sony were just buying an off-shelf SSD.
I've said it from day one. I don't think their SSD solution are costing them as much as people believe. You gotta look past the speed and focus more on why it's faster.

Dabaus

Banned
I said multiple times the series x would be 599. Its evidently 499.00 from headlines ive read this morning. Ill eat my crow.

Last edited:
Top Bottom