• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PREY reviews are in, critics love it

Laptop1991

I haven't watched it yet, but setting the Predator in such an earlier time in history seems a bit of a miss match, wouldn't he win and kill everything easily although the reviews seem to be good so far.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Correct me if I'm wrong but Pred in Predator 2 didn't get his by its own weapons multiple times. :messenger_winking_tongue:
You are totally wrong. He gets his arm chopped off with his own disc. Then later stands over Glover and waits for him to gut him with it instead of just finishing Glover off.
But genius move before all this - after a slight set back, and we are talking really minor, he decides to nuke himself and a couple of city blocks. This is when he let's the disc get into his opponents hand for no reason (well for story reasons, to visibly take the nuke out of the equation)

Ulysses 31

The Predator 2 Pred gets pushed over a ledge, and goes full emo and decides to off himself rather than deal with his hurt feelings.
It's been a while since I watched Pred 2 but didn't the predator get beat by Glover in the ship with a slice of the disc?

Ulysses 31

You are totally wrong. He gets his arm chopped off with his own disc. Then later stands over Glover and waits for him to gut him with it instead of just finishing Glover off.
But genius move before all this - after a slight set back, and we are talking really minor, he decides to nuke himself and a couple of city blocks. This is when he let's the disc get into his opponents hand for no reason (well for story reasons, to visibly take the nuke out of the equation)
Predator 2 movie goes off into bad territory once Bill Paxton's character dies IIRC. 👀

Last edited:

poppabk

It's been a while since I watched Pred 2 but didn't the predator get beat by Glover in the ship with a slice of the disc?
I watched it last night. That's how he dies but before that Glover pushes him over a ledge and the Pred is totally upset and tries to kill himself. But Glover slices his nuke arm off with the disc the Pred just let go of.

Ulysses 31

I watched it last night. That's how he dies but before that Glover pushes him over a ledge and the Pred is totally upset and tries to kill himself. But Glover slices his nuke arm off with the disc the Pred just let go of.
Ah, I see now what you meant. So do you think Prey is better than Predator 2 after watching it recently?

Last edited:

mansoor1980

Gold Member
steven seagal was almost cast as lead in predator 2 , would have been interesting

and danny glover is on good terms with the hunters
31st_danny-glover-with-his-co-stars-on-the-set-of-predator-2.jpg

Last edited:

Airbus Jr

Banned
steven seagal was almost cast as lead in predator 2 , would have been interesting

and danny glover is on good terms with the hunters
31st_danny-glover-with-his-co-stars-on-the-set-of-predator-2.jpg
Movie will suck if steven seagal was the lead in predator 2

Guy always wanted to appear invincibles that guy have a really big ego

Look at every steven seagal movies dude rarely get hurt he always humiliate his opponent

Hate to see a predator look sily and become seagal punching bag

Last edited:

mansoor1980

Gold Member
Movie will suck if steven seagal was the lead in predator 2

Guy always wanted to appear invincibles

Look at every steven seagal movies dude rarely get hurt

Hate ro see a predator look sily and become seagal punching bag
i doubt they would have done that.
if you have seen "executive decision" you will be surprised at how steven seagal dies in that movie , so we never know what would have happened to him if he was in pred 2

poppabk

Ah, I see now what you meant. So do you think Prey is better than Predator 2 after watching it recently?
I think Prey is about equal having seen them both recently. Pred 2 has bigger action set-pieces, but it is a little too over the top.

What is wrong with you fun-shy set of wind-bags?! It's a good watch! A fun watch!

Waaaay better than Predators, THE predator (that one with the big sexy predator chasing the small cute one)

Terminology could be off but I'm referencing the two recent ones BUT... Prey is good!

Right?!

jason10mm

Gold Member
The mental visual of Seagal akido flipping giant predators around is a very amusing one :p

They would have had to come up with a shorter predator, I can't think of a single time Seagal ever fought someone as tall as himself. His whole style of film from that era, the almost weightless way he handles firearms, the very short, brutal, and very one sided hand to hand fights....would have been a very different predator film for sure. I'm imagining him in a knife fight like with Tommy Lee Jones in Under Siege.

Ulysses 31

I don’t see those as failures - just showcasing how she’s smarter than everyone else.
There is an undertone of her being smarter than others give her credit for and there's some overplayed(IMO) girlpower moments too but she still doesn't quite reach Mary Sue levels.

This review points those things out nicely IMO.

Last edited:

PillsOff

Banned
What a crappy fucking movie...
Fake indians with avocado-based L.A. life form as a lead pretending to do things bad script says against bad cosplay enthusiast who couldn't bother to study some lore.

kurisu_1974

is on perm warning for being a low level troll
I was bored. The native indian setting was just fake window dressing that added nothing, and I missed the group dynamic of a squad being hunted by the Predator. Most of the indians were pretty annoying and hard to give a shit about.

The Predator looked weird too with that weird skull, what was that even.
And how he got shot by his own target lock, that was a bit much even for a silly sci fi flick.

I honestly had more fun with Predators and The Predator, those at least felt as actual Predator movies /flameshield on.

Valonquar

This movie was okay. We watched it on 2nd screen while gaming on main screen and that was about what it was worth. The video-gamey axe-on-a-magic-rope was fun I guess.
The dog lives at least. I set the rule that we turned it off if he died early on.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
What a crappy fucking movie...
Fake indians with avocado-based L.A. life form as a lead pretending to do things bad script says against bad cosplay enthusiast who couldn't bother to study some lore.

LMBO @ "fake Indians"

Do you know what an actual Native American looks like? Every Comanche character is Native American.

kurisu_1974

is on perm warning for being a low level troll
Technically I'm pretty sure at least the lead actress is more Mexican / Hispanic than Comanche but who cares.

PillsOff

Banned
LMBO @ "fake Indians"

Do you know what an actual Native American looks like? Every Comanche character is Native American.

Oh my god. Protector of the tribes arrived.
Yeah. I am aware how actual Native American looks n if you also knew it you would see that what was shown in the movie is an insulting parody n would not be so stressed with me using phrase "fake indians" to joke bout it.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
You're saying she doesn't look Hispanic? I'm pretty sure the European part means Spain.

But yes she's from New Mexico apparently, my bad.
New Mexico is part of Spain, it is what Cortez Conquered after killing all of Mexico. He went and said "now I will conquer a new Mexico". The name stuck.

Last edited:

RAÏSanÏa

You're saying she doesn't look Hispanic? I'm pretty sure the European part means Spain.

But yes she's from New Mexico apparently, my bad.
She looks Native American to this Cree and will take her word on it until there is evidence rather than unfounded biases.

I was bored. The native indian setting was just fake window dressing that added nothing, and I missed the group dynamic of a squad being hunted by the Predator. Most of the indians were pretty annoying and hard to give a shit about.

The Predator looked weird too with that weird skull, what was that even.
And how he got shot by his own target lock, that was a bit much even for a silly sci fi flick.

I honestly had more fun with Predators and The Predator, those at least felt as actual Predator movies /flameshield on.

Unsure what you mean by that it was "fake window dressing".

The setting shaped the entire nature of the story and the hero's journey through the Kuhtaamia. Through the setting the story explored another approach of the hunt as a human rite of passage in contrast to the Preds.

You didn't like the support her brother provided to her? The way he took down that Predator with her help?
What was annoying for you specifically?

Last edited:
Top Bottom