• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PREY reviews are in, critics love it

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
:messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy:
I guess the movie is in fact ultra realistic.
It was a Yautja from the Retarded Hunter clan

a different world i rest my case GIF

Alex11

Either compared to, or they forget she even exists and act like they're pioneering a strong female role in interviews, no matter how shallow the writing and character direction is.
Yeah, and her role was made for a female at the last second, and not for the boring reasons, but just because, why not. That's what I like about it, she isn't some saviour, the one or whatever, there is such a confusion about her character that isn't even funny.

I enjoyed the movie for what it was but you need a lot of suspension of disbelief to not have it fall apart when a young girl who dreams of being a hunter/warrior but is not allowed to and hasn't had any training whatsoever is suddenly more capable than the actual warriors.

It's been a while since I saw Alien but isn't Ripley a literal soldier?
She is a warrant officer on the Nostromo, right under the captain but she works for a MegaCorp. Its more of a management position, as far as interactions with the shipmates go.

No, I think the majority just think it’s ok - watch it once and not think about it again.
Most decent to good movies(not great, but good) fall into this category as well so I don't see the issue. However, I'm mainly talking about the reviews/user reviews. I like data. It's raw, usually factual, and to the point. I like numerical data like averages for example, because there's not much to argue around when presented with it.

On average, Prey is positive. Not 'omg best movie ever' but just positive.

That's good 🤷‍♂️.

That speaks volumes, especially in today's climate. I hope to see more from the crew behind it, because they have a great canvas and refreshed starting point to begin from. Hopefully for those that didn't like it, the team will have the second chance to improve upon any shortcomings people had with the first. To me, that's good news.

Most decent to good movies(not great, but good) fall into this category as well so I don't see the issue. However, I'm mainly talking about the reviews/user reviews. I like data. It's raw, usually factual, and to the point. I like numerical data like averages for example, because there's not much to argue around when presented with it.

On average, Prey is positive. Not 'omg best movie ever' but just positive.

That's good 🤷‍♂️.

That speaks volumes, especially in today's climate. I hope to see more from the crew behind it, because they have a great canvas and refreshed starting point to begin from. Hopefully for those that didn't like it, the team will have the second chance to improve upon any shortcomings people had with the first. To me, that's good news.
I don’t know about metacritic but RT and IMDB do filter out low scores for some movies so not sure how trustworthy they are. Overall, it’s hard to trust a consensus anyway as the average movie goer tends to not be very discerning or have a critical eye. For me, when things don’t look right or there are inconsistencies, they stand out.

I don’t know about metacritic but RT and IMDB do filter out low scores for some movies so not sure how trustworthy they are. Overall, it’s hard to trust a consensus anyway as the average movie goer tends to not be very discerning or have a critical eye. For me, when things don’t look right or there are inconsistencies, they stand out.
And for your perspective, that’s perfectly fine. You have to be open to seeing and acknowledging the positives as much as someone who’s positive can acknowledge the negatives. In their mind the overall package was still good even when considering the negatives 🤷‍♂️.

LimanimaPT

The only good (actually really good) predator movie, is the first one, mainly because of the script. It was quite surprising it ended up being a movie about aliens. The creature design was also quite good.
All other movies are trash.
I'm not even going to mention those predator VS alien movies...

Last edited:

Alex11

I enjoyed the movie for what it was but you need a lot of suspension of disbelief to not have it fall apart when a young girl who dreams of being a hunter/warrior but is not allowed to and hasn't had any training whatsoever is suddenly more capable than the actual warriors.

It's been a while since I saw Alien but isn't Ripley a literal soldier?
No, I think is a misconception resulted from Aliens, not Alien, from the fact that she joins the marines, but as a civilian adviser and for the final act of the movie, where she kills a bunch of them, which isn't my favourite part, but even so, one could argue that she had tech and firepower on her side.

Top Bottom