• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Prey - Official Gameplay Trailer

Tonky

Graphics look somewhat underwhelming. I was hoping for them to be a bit closer to the CG reveal trailer..I trust Arkane though

diaspora

Should've just gone with the Void engine that Dishonored 2 is using IMHO
Personally I think Cryengine is great, it's key issue for me at least is the documentation, learning resources, etc aren't nearly as good as something like UE4.

Arkane says Prey will be "flawless" on PC at launch

http://www.pcgamer.com/arkane-says-prey-will-be-flawless-on-pc-at-launch/

"We had a rough launch on the PC [with Dishonored 2]... In development you never exactly know what you're going to see, most of all with PC because there are so many different configurations and stuff. Unfortunately, it's what it is, it shipped, then it got patched, and now it runs really well. So of course, we are paying double-attention to making sure that this time, the PC version is really flawless when we ship," Colantonio said.

"There's a little bit more QA time," he continued, when asked how Arkane will avoid those launch-day pitfalls with Prey. "Also it's a different engine, so the constraints are different. In the case of Dishonored, we created a new engine, really, even though it's based on idTech, most of it has been redone ... In the case of Prey we're using the CryEngine, so it's an engine that has already shipped things before. So it's not the same configuration. Nevertheless, we are of course aware of [PC issues] now, and were back then already, but it caught us by surprise a little. This time we're paying more attention for sure."

Top Bottom