• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Prey (2016) is today's free Epic Game Store game - PLEASE GET IT !

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Folks. Prey 2016, one of the best FPS of the last gen and a spiritual sequel to the System/Bio shock games is free on the Epic Games Store today.

It's also available on Game Pass for consoles or PC for those who want it there.

It's one of the best, most underrated, FPS games of the last generation and I am here to tell you to give it a shot if you haven't already.

do-it-just-do-it.gif

Last edited:
I'm not a huge FPS fan, therefore, I usually think most I play are overrated. But,not this one. How Prey isn't more popular confuses me. Fantastic game.

LostDonkey

I bought this when it came out and still have never finished it. Something just didn't click with me. If I can remember I got up to the bit with some dark shadowy type enemies start to appear.

//DEVIL//

Already got it ( 40 mins remaining before it's off the store by the t time I posted this). But I don't think I will actually install it.

Honestly so many other games I want to play

I bought this when it came out and still have never finished it. Something just didn't click with me. If I can remember I got up to the bit with some dark shadowy type enemies start to appear.
So you got a couple minutes in? Could you write a full review and give it a numbered score please?

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
I’ll take your free game and never play it…

I’ll do my part to take epic down a notch.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Sorry folks.

Time's over. Prey is no longer free.

Control is the new free game of the day (it's the non Ultimate Edition, so no DLC). Another good game.

You can still get Prey game via Game Pass.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
I hate it solely because we got a reboot instead of a sequel.

Fuck that game. Will still get it for free though but fuck it.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
I think the original Prey is way better (even with the stupid resurrection mechanic) but this one is also cool, kinda like a mix of System Shock and playing a prop hunt game in Garry's Mod.

ZoukGalaxy

Already bought it AT LAUNCH extremely HYPED at FULL PRICE and I hated, yes, TOTALLY HATED IT !
It's a bugfest with ridiculous broken audio mix, I plan to BURN THIS SHIT and send the remaining dust TO THE SUN (PS4).

Never again.

Also: don't fight me, I don't care, I can hate whatever I want or just don't like something. The art and setting are awesome (except the ugly character design made in Arkane) but the game is SO BAD and totally overrated here like Deathloop was absolutely overrated by the press.

uninstalled after 5 minutes... dialogue is cringy, level design uninspiring. id rather pay for the cyberpunk 2077 collectors edition again

GOOD.
It will save your unrecoverable precious time of life.

Last edited:

Kuranghi

I'm gonna go back to it soon, played it too much and I was 30 hours in and hadn't really done much of the story/missions due to scouring every room. Fantastic game though and a couple of mods make it 10x better as well. So dense in its design, makes most other games look crap in comparison.

Sentenza

EGS at this point is where I go to get a freebie backup of all the games I already own on Steam "just in case".
Still not giving a cent to that Timmy wanker, incidentally.

fermcr

Folks. Prey 2016, one of the best FPS of the last gen and a spiritual sequel to the System/Bio shock games is free on the Epic Games Store today.

It's also available on Game Pass for consoles or PC for those who want it there.

It's one of the best, most underrated, FPS games of the last generation and I am here to tell you to give it a shot if you haven't already.

do-it-just-do-it.gif

khaby-really.gif

Roni

Gold Member

Fuck that game. Will still get it for free though but fuck it.
Judge the game by its gameplay, not its name. You're doing yourself a disservice, it's a very unique design we don't get often in the AAA space.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Judge the game by its gameplay, not its name. You're doing yourself a disservice, it's a very unique design we don't get often in the AAA space.
I judge the game by its devs. There were zero reason to scrap prey and reboot it.

Hugare

Bioshock is one of my all time favs, love Dishonored, Deus EX and many others

Absolutely hated Prey

Tried this damn thing 3 times, I always drop it.

The recycling mechanic feels like work. Sound mixing is attrocious. You have 3 types of the same looking monster everywhere.

Level design is good, but the levels look so bland and boring.

The introduction is awesome tho

Sentenza

It's a better game that the original Prey could even just DREAM to be.
Both because it's that good and because the original was utterly mediocre to begin with, past its introductory hour.

Bioshock is one of my all time favs, love Dishonored, Deus EX and many others

Absolutely hated Prey
Prey is also WAY better than Bioshock, incidentally.

Last edited:
Top Bottom