• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Predict Sony lineup of PC ports for 2023

Which of these games will be released next year

• Gran Turismo 7

Votes: 50 30.1%
  • Returnal

Votes: 129 77.7%
  • Ghosts of Tsushima

Votes: 118 71.1%
  • Demons Souls

Votes: 70 42.2%
  • Last of Us Part 1

Votes: 114 68.7%
  • Last of Us Factions

Votes: 46 27.7%
  • Bloodborne

Votes: 26 15.7%
  • God of War Ragnarok

Votes: 49 29.5%
  • Horizon Forbidden West

Votes: 72 43.4%
  • Dreams

Votes: 32 19.3%
  • Uncharted Nathan Drake Collection

Votes: 64 38.6%
  • Infamous Second Son

Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Shadow of the Collosus

Votes: 18 10.8%
  • The last guardian

Votes: 16 9.6%
  • Ratchet and Clank 2016

Votes: 34 20.5%
  • Ratchet and Clank Rift apart

Votes: 43 25.9%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 8 4.8%

• Total voters

ACESHIGH

Banned
This year Sony will have released quite a few games on PC. Quite a few more than what was expected TBH. Which ones do you think will be released next year? There's a few ones all but confirmed on the horizon (no pun intended) but my best guess is the following:

In no particular order:

- Last of Us Part 1
- Returnal
- Last of Us Factions (PC/PS4/5 launch)
- Demons Souls
- Gran Turismo 7
- Ghosts of Tsushima

nocsi

Returnal is a given since they showed off a build at GDC. Dreams has been rumored. Ratchet and Clank is a big possibility. Last of Us Part 1 is also very likely.

I think sales for Bloodborne and Demon's Souls would be great on PC, specially if Sony times it right. Dreams would benefit a lot from being on PC too, it could be huge for the game.

So far it looks like Sony is going out of their way to not port the games that make the most sense.

Last edited:
I'm starting to think returnal isn't this year. Sony seems to be about to release games 2 years after their PS5 debut so...i'd say something like this:

- Sackboy - October
- Miles Morales - Fall
- Returnal - Early 2023
- Last of Us Part 1 - March / April 2023...whenever the TV show starts.
- Ratchet & Clank 2016 - It was on that Epic leak (i think it was Epic)
- Ghost of Tsushima - Mid 2023
- Demon's Souls - later 2023
- maybe some older PS4 games?

2024 we'll start to see GT7, Forbidden West, etc...that would be my bet.

darrylgorn

I can't imagine they would want to stop exclusivity on Gran Turismo or Jak and Daxter as it's such a seminal part of the Sony brand. Though I am very surprised by the Sackboy release.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
Returnal is a given since they showed off a build at GDC. Dreams has been rumored. Ratchet and Clank is a big possibility. Last of Us Part 1 is also very likely.
i doubt R&C since it's meant to be a showpiece for the PS5 more than anything, kind of takes away the wow factor when you port it to PC

ACESHIGH

Banned
It would be great if they time GT7 releasing at the same time Forza 8 does but GT7 would look bad by comparison being cross gen and all.

sendit

This year Sony will have released quite a few games on PC.

The only game Sony released this year for PC is Spiderman 1. Uncharted 4 doesn't release until October 18th. Your definition of quite a few is totally different than mine. However, from that list, Returnal is a given.

nocsi

i doubt R&C since it's meant to be a showpiece for the PS5 more than anything, kind of takes away the wow factor when you port it to PC
You can say that about any of the games they’ve ported. But it’d follow their doctrine of being a gateway franchise. Sonys next showcase stuff is VR2 anyways, gotta keep innovating to draw people.

jhjfss

I Want Them All Paramount Network GIF by Yellowstone

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Everything except for early last gen games like TLG, Uncharted, Infamous and Bloodborne.

- Demon souls
- GT7
- Returnal
- Ratchet
- Horizon
- TLOU 1 & 2
- GOW Ragnorak

Factions isnt coming out next year. They wouldve revealed gameplay by now.

Ryu Kaiba

Part 1 was already announced for PC

I don't think these are coming but would love to see Ueda's games freed from Sony's grasp

Also Sony taking Bloodborne as an exclusive and then doing nothing for it all these years in the face of high demand is disgusting.
They need to put it in the hands of PC players.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
You can say that about any of the games they’ve ported. But it’d follow their doctrine of being a gateway franchise. Sonys next showcase stuff is VR2 anyways, gotta keep innovating to draw people.
most of the games they've ported have been PS4 exclusives, infact im pretty sure they haven't ported a single PS5 exclusive. It's very silly to think they'd start porting PS5 exclusives in 2023 all of a sudden

nocsi

Part 1 was already announced for PC

I don't think these are coming but would love to see Ueda's games freed from Sony's grasp

Also Sony taking Bloodborne as an exclusive and then doing nothing for it all these years in the face of high demand is disgusting.
They need to put it in the hands of PC players.
Just get a PS5 then, it’s cheaper than a GPU. Kinda weird to be seeing pc players demanding anything lol.
most of the games they've ported have been PS4 exclusives, infact im pretty sure they haven't ported a single PS5 exclusive. It's very silly to think they'd start porting PS5 exclusives in 2023 all of a sudden
You kinda have to intuit their overarching strategy in the PC space. It’s one dimensional to think Sony is trying to go about it by just separating exclusives, but rather using it as a vessel to get pc players into the Sony ecosystem. Ratchet & Clank is apart of that. Another poster mentioned leaks for Ratchet & Clank coming to PC anyways. Using your same argument, is returnal not a PS5 exclusive and it has a PC build being demoed at GDC? Sony isn’t going to devalue you with their PC initiatives, it’s a process as a part of a greater strategy for customer acquisition

Ryu Kaiba

Just get a PS5 then, it’s cheaper than a GPU. Kinda weird to be seeing pc players demanding anything lol.

You kinda have to intuit their overarching strategy in the PC space. It’s one dimensional to think Sony is trying to go about it by just separating exclusives, but rather using it as a vessel to get pc players into the Sony ecosystem. Ratchet & Clank is apart of that. Another poster mentioned leaks for Ratchet & Clank coming to PC anyways. Using your same argument, is returnal not a PS5 exclusive and it has a PC build being demoed at GDC? Sony isn’t going to devalue you with their PC initiatives, it’s a process as a part of a greater strategy for customer acquisition
I have a PS5, and bloodborne performs on it the exact same as it did on base PS4. If it were in the hands of PC players the modding community would have made many performance improvements by now.

nocsi

I have a PS5, and bloodborne performs on it the exact same as it did on base PS4. If it were in the hands of PC players the modding community would have made many performance improvements by now.
Word of advice. You probably don’t want to be playing souls games on PC, it’s kinda bareback sex. And bloodborne performs in accordance to its setting, you think 19th century steampunk London was 60fps?

ACESHIGH

Banned

The only strategy is timing their releases to avoid cannibalization between them. Like it may happen with with Uncharted and Spiderman releasing so close (with a third party batman game in the middle)

But the "luring" strategy has been debunked. They can make good money releasing these ports and it won't impact the playstation playerbase. No hardcore PC gamer (the audience that plays these games on a steam Deck or tries to run them at 4k 60) will buy a PS5 to eventually use it as their main platform.

Last edited:

//DEVIL//

Last of us was announced for PC . It’s not a rumour

If anything I am expecting it around dec/ nov with Miles morales

Back tI topic :
GT7 will never hit the pc

Returnal is expected
Expecting the last of us 2 next year for sure .
Horizon forbidden west if not 2023 will be 2024
Collection of ps4 games . Like uncharted collection

Last edited:
You can play them by buying a PS5 - Sony.
Hardly the case for Bloodborne, you also don't get M&K support in Dreams as you would on PC. To me once they started porting games they should at least figure out the games that fit PC the most so that they could prioritize them.

Sony clearly doesn't care too much about pushing people that rather play on PC to buy a PS5 at this point anymore (and it was obviously the right call since it didn't seem to negatively affect console sales).

Last edited:

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Ghosts of Tsushima
Returnal
Demons Souls
The Last of Us
The Last of Us 2
Horizon FW
God of War Ragnarok
Ratchet and Clank

2023 will see the shift to PS5 ports.

Bloodborne won’t happen until it’s remade for PS6.

yurinka

Sony had a graph where seemingly they mentioned that they planned to release 4 PC ports in the current fiscal year and as I remember 7 in the fiscal year that ends in 2026.

So I think they'll release 4 or 5 PC releases in 2023. If I had to bet they would be:
  • TLOU Part 1
  • Ghost of Tsushima
  • Ratchet 2016
  • Bloodborne (being more realistic I think they will release Returnal instead)
  • Dreams (they may release a PSVR2 version for it, and use that work to maybe also make a PC port)
I also think they'll release MLB but that would be published on PC by MLB and not Sony.

Last edited:

Sentenza

Ghost of Tsushima, Ratchet & Clank (unspecified which one, but probably the 2016 remake) and Demon's Souls have been rumored/spotted in "leak" lists already in the past, so they are some of the most obvious choices.

That aside, it's easy to guess that pretty much any major release/big sequel is open for a port at this point (TLOU 2, Ragnarok, FW, etc) and the question is a "when" rather than a "if".

I think TLOU Factions will end up being the first day and date console and PC launch.
But it'll be one of the GaaS MP exceptions, and Playstations AAA SP games will still just come to PS5 first.

Returnal, Factions, Ratchet rift apart, and ghost of tsushima (sequel is coming so it's gotta come to pc). The bloodborne/demon's souls will remain off pc to drive pc peeps crazy.

Ghosts of Tsushima
Returnal
Demons Souls
The Last of Us
The Last of Us 2
Horizon FW
God of War Ragnarok
Ratchet and Clank

2023 will see the shift to PS5 ports.

Bloodborne won’t happen until it’s remade for PS6.
We know Returnal is coming so all the people in denial saying it was just PS4 games can start dealing with it.

Now it's only a matter of how long the window between PS5 and PC is going to be and if there is going to be a window at all.

I think TLOU Factions will end up being the first day and date console and PC launch.
But it'll be one of the GaaS MP exceptions, and Playstations AAA SP games will still just come to PS5 first.

Returnal, Factions, Ratchet rift apart, and ghost of tsushima (sequel is coming so it's gotta come to pc). The bloodborne/demon's souls will remain off pc to drive pc peeps crazy.
What happens once they start experimenting with day one release on PC and see that it doesn't affect PS sales that much? That's pretty much how the whole thing about PC ports started.

Last edited:

Haggard

Banned
Now it's only a matter of how long the window between PS5 and PC is going to be and if there is going to be a window at all.
Aside from maybe their GaaS there will always be some time between the PC and PS releases. They simply make more money per sale on PS, so that "premium" new game day one thing will be kept to PS platforms.....
Or they switch their monetarization scheme in the direction of MTX and stop caring about initial revenue..but let`s hope that never happens.

Last edited:
Top Bottom