• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pre orders for CRISIS CORE –FINAL FANTASY VII– REUNION are up

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
Oh it has Tifa, but only the version ResetEra would love.
giphy-downsized-large.gif

peronmls

Polish is not the same as the remake that is for sure. Mouth animations look really bad along with the lighting.

Ryūtō

I know a lot of gamers are against pre-orders, but due to my financial situation and not being able to always pay full price for a new game on release, I occasionally do physical pre-orders through GameStop.

Despite GameStop having a bad rep it's the only outlet I know of (physical or digital) that lets you pay it of anytime until the release date.

graywolf323

Gold Member
I know a lot of gamers are against pre-orders, but due to my financial situation and not being able to always pay full price for a new game on release, I occasionally do physical pre-orders through GameStop.

Despite GameStop having a bad rep it's the only outlet I know of (physical or digital) that lets you pay it of anytime until the release date.
you could pre-order from Amazon, buy a gift card, and then apply that gift card to your pre-order

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum

The visual definitely upgrade but its weird they didn't try to improve actual animations, they still kept stiff animation from PSP version with PS4 character models.

So those none important cutscenes that has less expression becomes more weird with more realistic face.

Last edited:

Drizzlehell

Banned
Hmm... should I actually temper my expectations about this? I only just realised that this is a literal remaster and aside from the visuals not much has changed, but at the same time the combat and graphics do look like FF7R.

I really liked FF7R and was expecting this to be more of the same but now I dunno...

Danjin44

Hmm... should I actually temper my expectations about this? I only just realised that this is a literal remaster and aside from the visuals not much has changed, but at the same time the combat and graphics do look like FF7R.

I really liked FF7R and was expecting this to be more of the same but now I dunno...
This is NOT like FFVIIR, they improved visuals and tweaked the combat little but this is very much same PSP game that came out in 2007. If you liked the game when first came on PSP then you might enjoy this if not then reunion is gonna change your mind.

Last edited:

Larxia

While it's more than a basic remaster (so not just higher res / framerate), it's still really not enough for me to justify playing it again. I would have been interested if it was on the same level as FFVII Remake, but here... no. I also don't like that they changed Zack's voice.

Last edited:

Danjin44

While it's more than a basic remaster (so not just higher res / framerate), it's still really not enough for me to justify playing it again. I would have been interested if it was on the same level as FFVII Remake, but here... no. I also don't like that they changed Zack's voice.
FFVIIR is less of “remake” and more of new game as part of FFVII series. What you are really asking is build entire new game which as much as I enjoyed original original Crisis Core, it’s not worth putting that resource to it, I rather they put that effort on FFVIIRibirth.

Drizzlehell

Banned
This is NOT like FFVIIR, they improved visuals and tweaked the combat little but this is very much same PSP game that came out in 2007. If you liked the game when first came on PSP then you might enjoy this if not then reunion is gonna change your mind.
I see. Well, I never actually played any of the original games. FF7R was pretty much my first time playing any Final Fantasy game (aside from FF9 way back when I was a kid).

Good to know that this won't be the same thing since now I can adjust my expectations a little but it still looks pretty dope on previews so I'm gonna go for it anyway. I only wonder if story-wise it's going to acknowledge this new Remake timeline or if it's going to ignore all of that and stay true to the original story. I vaguely know that this is supposed to be a prequel but still, would be cool if it was in canon with the remake.

Last edited:

Danjin44

I only wonder if story-wise it's going to acknowledge this new Remake timeline or if it's going to ignore all of that and stay true to the original story.
Based on the previews the story is going to be sane as original game when it back in 2007.

Top Bottom