• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Praise the Lord. Geoff Keighley promises True Next Gen stuff at the VGAs.

Can Keighley be trusted?

• Yes

Votes: 95 28.7%
  • No

Votes: 145 43.8%
  • Next Gen is a Lie

Votes: 91 27.5%

• Total voters

K2D

Banned
Next-gen be damned, I'm just excited to see some new ip's, titles and new footage of my favorite franchises..!

darkangel-212559

Dreamcast Love
If I don't get my Skies of Arcadia next gen remake reveal I'm going to be pissed. COME ON GEOFF GIVE IT TO MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Fuck FF7 remake, Skies of Arcadia is where it's at. Another proof that Dreamcast was the best console ever made with the best games. No JRPG has come close to topping it since. :/

Silent Hill!?

giphy-downsized-large.gif

'archaic'? You are nut

Well, FH5 does not look miles better than FH4.

Volumetric effects are nice, more details are certainly better but some places can look much worse than others. And there are lot of those awful looking places. Still huge pop-in even on maxed settings (PC). No Ray-tracing. Character models looks like from 2000s. Steering wheel animation is laughable (same since FM3) - its just mirroring your controller analog stick with limited rotation angle which destroys cockpit view immersion completely. Car models looks the same as FM4, maybe few tweaks here and there. Clouds looks good until you actually look at them for a minute. Weather looks meh - famous "sandstrorm" is just yellow filter applied, with basic "fog" effect - it's not volumetric when you inside the storm. That's all not looking even remotely close to Driveclub. I know that Driveclub is 30fps and not open-world, but still I expected much more details on important things like cars and weather, not just added content.
And that's my personal biggest problem with FH5 - it did nothing to make the game more deep. It's not more realistic, nor more realistically looking - almost anything looks fake when you actually look at details.
Sounds are much better in FM5 than FM4, appreciated!

At the same time Ratchet and Clank is one of the very best looking games to date.

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Big time consoles will have big time graphics considering it’s only year 1 a guy like Geoff is upin’ the antics.

Top Bottom