• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Power of cloud gaming in nutshell

Schmick

Good, now actually try them. The difference is MASSIVE and not in a good way. Streaming games is still trash.
You say this but I've been using xCloud desktop to play The Ascent because my PC is not the best (it struggles with special effects). xCloud is pretty much been a saviour in this case. Sometimes I actually forget I'm playing on xCloud.

So while you may have had a poor experience with Streaming it is definitely not trash.

kingfey

Banned
I don't care how they compare to each other when they all suck compared to playing off of local hardware. This will still be true a decade from now.
Did you even watch the video? There was a comparison between these service and Xsx,Ps5. Or did you just conveniently ignore that?

kingfey

Banned
I hope you brought a bag of coal with you to heat the school like we did
Animated GIF

Duchess

I used to walk 15 miles to school, uphill both ways, in the snow, with no shoes.
You were lucky. We lived for three months in a brown paper bag in a septic tank. We used to have to get up at six o'clock in the morning, clean the bag, eat a crust of stale bread, go to work down mill for fourteen hours a day week-in, week out. When we got home, our dad would thrash us to sleep with his belt!

Last edited:
Some recent input latency videos here. ~80 ms latency should be more than good enough for those who are used to console gaming. Of course, this all depends on where you are located and your connection, but I think many casual gamers will play with even 200 ms and not care.

THEAP99

Banned
It's only going to keep getting better and better. The convenience of whipping out your phone or laptop and going into the web-browser is unmatched.

Fat Frog

I advertised for Google Stadia
Good, now actually try them. The difference is MASSIVE and not in a good way. Streaming games is still trash.
Nope. The stadia of Outriders is bashed even by the Stadia community...

Here's a good port...

A little bit behind the Series X, better than Series S and crushing the 25 FPS of PS4 version...

Cloud gaming is in the middle ground for the moment and will technically evolve in a good way...

Top Bottom