• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Post pics of your cat/dog/other

teezzy

Banned
Ruby insisted a new picture be uploaded. She not pleased with her demeanor in the former.

Weve been cruising around Michigan. Exploring new spots to adventure around. Currently posted up at a Mickey Ds

20200808-171004.jpg

SirTerry-T

We have our share of beasts roaming around this household (not including the wife and kids)...

Maurice and Oz
Maurice is a Mioritic Shepherd, found as a pup abandoned by roadside in the Romanian mountains. Brought to the UK by the network of fantastic volunteers who rescue dogs from public shelters and streets over there.
Romania is a beautiful country but they have a huge problem with stray animals. He's a big boy but thick as pig sh@t.

Oz was the "Dad" of the pets and is no longer with us, he lived to 13, which is no bad age for a chap who was used as a stud dog on a puppy farm until he was found and rescued by the brilliant people at Many Tears animal rescue in Wales, UK

OuLPvtM.jpg

"Iggy" another Romanian stray. A great, loving pet but a thoroughly embarrassing example of his species. I have seen garden slugs with more athletic ability.
MChJfPm.jpg

"Merlin"
An obnoxious little sod rescued from the streets of Romania. What he lacks in size he makes up for in appetite and attitude.
3jxPz8m.jpg

"Dixie" a.k.a Satan's herald.
She was found by a cat rescue group caught up in some twine in a shed on a disused farm.
She's pure evil.
X3fAhjF.jpg

Finally, "Liz", a Bearded Dragon brought from the local pet shop after her previous owner returned it because their kids had "grown bored of her".
An all too typical occurrence where pets are concerned.
She's great, no trouble at all.
RXsR7xB.jpg

Last edited:
My boy, Gus. Waiting on results of his Embark DNA test. I'll post an update as to what he his exactly. My guess, mostly beagle with a dash of spaniel and some sort of hound.
ky9uMtW.jpg

zUMEiDi.jpg

2c5qe5W.jpg
Update on my boy, Gus.

78.9% Beagle
16.7% Super Mutt - Too trace DNA results to properly figure out. They think possibly some Australian Shepherd, Australian Cattle Dog, and American Bulldog (which I don't see at all), and possibly others?
4.4% German Shepherd

Coefficient of Inbreeding (COI) - 6%
Embark has a fun fact about this.
"Are you a fan of the pop culture book series and hit television show, Game of Thrones? Pedigree-based estimates of Daenerys Targaryen's COI is estimated to be roughly 37.5%. In comparison, the highly inbred Spanish Hapsburg line went extinct with King Charles II, who had a pedigree-based COI estimate of 25.4%."

Also no serious health issues popped up.

Top Bottom