• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Possible GTA 6 and Bully 2 leaks (Contains RDR2 Spoilers)

A male protagonist is more fitting for GTA. Males are, by far, more likely to be involved in the main activities in GTA games.
In Saints row 3 i played as a sexy chick who massacred everyone lol

Bro world is filled up with lot of fuked up ladies . Female gangster will fit perfectly If character is well voice acted and written. You just assuming that woman will not fit in GTA based on what?

Check this

Bryank75

Banned
Well, I know Rio quite well. So this should be great. I really hope they get Portuguese speakers and don't do the disservice of using Spanish cause it's easier.
Lived in Rio for a year and a half and married to a carioca.

Aintitcool

Banned
Women are the type of criminals that do one amazing con and never get caught. Women criminals are undercover as fuck.

Last edited:
In Saints row 3 i played as a sexy chick who massacred everyone lol

Bro world is filled up with lot of fuked up ladies . Female gangster will fit perfectly If character is well voice acted and written. You just assuming that woman will not fit in GTA based on what?

Check this

It's an action game and it doesn't make sense for any of those women to get in a brawl with male gangsters and come out alive.

In the real world, those women use strategy, betrayal and manipulation to get things done. They're not foot soldiers, and obviously none of them are capable of holding their own in a physical fight against a man. A game where you play as a female druglord would make more sense if it was a strategy game or RTS, not action.

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Going to take this with a huge pinch of salt but I like the sound of this. Glad R* went with a male protag rather than giving into SJW outrage (lol. This is R*)

As we all know, the only way a game can have a female playable characters is if they pander to SJW outrage...

Do you seriously believe that idiocy?

In real life and fiction, the baddest, toughest, most intimidating, and most believable criminals are men.

If they have a female protagonist, I'm worried it will end up being cringey by having a woman who is beating up a bunch of men. I want the characters to be believable. This is what I don't want...

NreOsT2.jpg
What was the last GTA game you played where the male protagonist beat up a bunch of men? GTA isn't like Bully or Sleeping Dogs. It's going to be entirely dependant on the use of weapon aiming and use of the cover system which doesn't favor either gender. I also doubt it would affect the type of missions we usually see in GTA games, what vehicles we can drive or pilot, or the minigames we can play.

My favorite GTA game has a female antagonist, Catalina:

15409.png

Last edited:

G-Bus

Banned
In real life and fiction, the baddest, toughest, most intimidating, and most believable criminals are men.

If they have a female protagonist, I'm worried it will end up being cringey by having a woman who is beating up a bunch of men. I want the characters to be believable. This is what I don't want...

NreOsT2.jpg

Go watch some female MMA fights. They could totally fuck up the majority of men. Don't think it would be cringey at all.

Having a female GTA protagonist would be interesting and I'd like to see how R* handles that.

Imagine the outrage if she uses her sexuality in any capacity. Oh the salt would flow.

Blue Apple

What was the last GTA game you played where the male protagonist beat up a bunch of men? GTA isn't like Bully or Sleeping Dogs. It's going to be entirely dependant on the use of weapon aiming and use of the cover system which doesn't favor either gender. I also doubt it would affect the type of missions we usually see in GTA games, what vehicles we can drive or pilot, or the minigames we can play.

I beat up people when I play and it would look ridiculous playing as a woman while doing it. Having a woman would also affect the missions. In GTA III, try to imagine Luigi recruiting a woman to be his hired muscle to beat up a drug dealer. It would be silly.

Go watch some female MMA fights. They could totally fuck up the majority of men. Don't think it would be cringey at all.

Having a female GTA protagonist would be interesting and I'd like to see how R* handles that.

Imagine the outrage if she uses her sexuality in any capacity. Oh the salt would flow.

Ronda Rousey got destroyed by another 135 pound woman who would get destroyed by any male fighter. If you're going to have a character who is a trained fighter, why choose a female instead of a stronger and more intimidating male who would also be more believable as a violent criminal?

Also, a man can use sexuality too. Niko created a profile on a gay dating site in GTA IV to lure someone out of hiding. Once again, what would a female protagonist add to the game? Clothing options?

I beat up people when I play and it would look ridiculous playing as a woman while doing it. Having a woman would also affect the missions. In GTA III, try to imagine Luigi recruiting a woman to be his hired muscle to beat up a drug dealer. It would be silly.
Try to imagine a criminal from the ghetto successfully breaking into a secret military base to steal a jetpack.

*CJ and The Truth are waiting outside Area 69 in a vehicle*
CJ: "Hey Truth, do we have a plan here?"
The Truth: "Go, go, go!"
*CJ exits the vehicle*
CJ: "Hey, hold up, dude!"
*vehicle drives away*

Grand Theft Auto games have mostly matured their writing since their inception up to GTA V, only really suffering because of the decision to focus on three protagonists rather than just one or two. I wouldn't doubt Rockstar's capability to write in a female protagonist that is just as capable as any of their male protagonists, if they think it's necessary to the story they want to tell.

It's fine if you just don't prefer to play as a female character if given the option like in Saints Row 2, but the argument that it's silly or ridiculous is itself pretty silly when female criminals do exist... or rather they can exist because it's a video game where your creativity isn't necessarily bound by the rules of reality.

Last edited:
YES! Male protagonist. NO female. THANK YOU ROCKSTAR. Insta buy.
Get woke, go broke. If true, I'm glad Rockstar is sticking to what they've always done, unlike these clowns in Hollywood (e.g. Tim Miller and Terminator Dark Fate). Don't stoop down to appease purple haired feminists and SJWs.

Top Bottom